Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Halloween costume ?

I am off on holiday next week and the place we are going to are having a halloween party..... Heres what i will be wearing ! The mask is silicone and moves with your facial features and the glove has real metal blades (blunt though ...i hope the doormen let me in the club ) ...... .Is anyone else doing anything ?? Lets see your costumes !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Halloween costume ?

Nice! looks sharp!

Thanks to danielinacio

beaconboy (25th October 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beaconboy View Post
    the glove has real metal blades (blunt though ...i hope the doormen let me in the club )
    Good luck with that as I know none of the places I have ever worked the door on would.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    Good luck with that as I know none of the places I have ever worked the door on would.
    well ....... when i say club ...
    its only the social club on the holiday park we are going to ..... so i think i will stick it in the wife's bag until we get inside .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If it's for a Halloween party then I'd have thought their wouldn't be a problem, which one are you going to? if you don't mind me asking

Thanks to littlebilly1

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by littlebilly1 View Post
    If it's for a Halloween party then I'd have thought their wouldn't be a problem, which one are you going to? if you don't mind me asking
    Its a caravan site in Looe in Cornwall .... lol this big storm is supposed to be hitting Cornwall on Monday ... apparently the worst in the last 50 years . Just my fucking luck !

Thanks to beaconboy

littlebilly1 (25th October 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Regardless of whether the blades are blunt or not - I'd say you may well be in breach of the uk knife laws that prohibit you having a fixed blade over 3 inches long in a public place without a good reason - fancy dress isn't a good reason for metal blades when they could just as easily be made of plastic - and it's clearly designed as a weapon (regardless of whether you intend to use it as such)

Bit more info here for you - http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8233
    Last edited by Northernbloke; 25th October 2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: added link

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm just on my way out to Bangkok and have something special lined up. Don't have any pics yet but will post when I'm wearing the costume
    Just use enough water to cover your vegetables,the same goes for when you're having a bath....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by satzzz View Post
    I'm just on my way out to Bangkok and have something special lined up. Don't have any pics yet but will post when I'm wearing the costume
    Not sure there will be much celebrating with the death of Somdet Phra Nyanasamvara

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Northernbloke View Post
    Regardless of whether the blades are blunt or not - I'd say you may well be in breach of the uk knife laws that prohibit you having a fixed blade over 3 inches long in a public place without a good reason - fancy dress isn't a good reason for metal blades when they could just as easily be made of plastic - and it's clearly designed as a weapon (regardless of whether you intend to use it as such)

Bit more info here for you - http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8233
    #

Had a quick read though that and it seems to cover blades with an edge or a point ,My glove has neither so i don't think i would be in too much trouble for carrying it ....but i can understand why the doormen would not be too keen on me entering the club with it ...i did genuinely think the blades would be plastic when i bought it. but it does look good as it is

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL went to Aura last halloween in Ibiza, and some posh cock turned up with a small axe in his hand and loads of fake blood over his face and his suit (fucking suit!) and the bouncers stopped him and told him to leave it in the car. He complained and then took it back to the Bentley. WANKER!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beaconboy View Post
    #

Had a quick read though that and it seems to cover blades with an edge or a point ,My glove has neither so i don't think i would be in too much trouble for carrying it ....but i can understand why the doormen would not be too keen on me entering the club with it ...i did genuinely think the blades would be plastic when i bought it. but it does look good as it is
    It's not just about them having an edge or a point :-

The relevant law is found in the Prevention of Crime Act 1953. Section 1 (1) provides;

Any person who without lawful authority or reasonable excuse, the proof whereof shall lie on him, has with him in any public place any offensive weapon shall be guilty of an offence.

So, if you carry a weapon in public without a good reason you can be found guilty of an offence. Currently the penalty could be a two year prison sentence. But what does the Act define as a weapon?

Well, Section 1 (4) provides some help;

In this section 'offensive weapon' means any article made or adapted for use for causing injury to the person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use by him or by some other person.'

So an offensive weapon can be anything made as a weapon (e.g. a gun or sword), anything adapted for use as a weapon (e.g. a walking stick weighted with lead shot) or anything carried for use as a weapon (e.g. a can of hairspray, a rolled newspaper, a length of chain etc. This covers all those situations where something was carried to cause harm.).
    That's the bit I believe you'll fall foul of - especially as the blades are metal even though they have the points slightly rounded.

Try taking that pic or take some of your own to your local cop shop and asking them for an opinion (or tweet the picture to them if you use twitter).

Thanks
    Karma Level

But it's not designed or modified to be a weapon - that would be like saying you couldn't carry a metal spatula around with you because it's a long thin piece of metal.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    But it's not designed or modified to be a weapon - that would be like saying you couldn't carry a metal spatula around with you because it's a long thin piece of metal.
    Really??? It's a glove that's had metal blades added to the fingers? What other reason is there for doing that then?

I get the fancy dress aspect, but Freddie kruger used it as a weapon and that's undoubtedly what the law says it is

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes and it's designed and intended to be a prop/part of a costume, it hasn't be modified (I.e. sharpened) or changed in any way to make it a weapon.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep a costume replicating a killer from a horror film - fine for keeping at home as memorabilia but as I understand the law illegal to have it in a public place.

Like I suggested a quick check with plod would give a good indication of whether it's OK or not before just going out and risking getting nicked and a criminal record for it

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks
    Karma Level

You do realise films aren't real and that the items used in them are usually not viable weapons?

Thanks
    Karma Level

You do realise films aren't real and that the items used in them are usually not viable weapons?
    Who says?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

So in your opinion a glove with steel blades attached to the fingers isn't a viable weapon? Purely on the basis that it was a film prop?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Northernbloke View Post
    So in your opinion a glove with steel blades attached to the fingers isn't a viable weapon? Purely on the basis that it was a film prop?
    Aye, tell that to Brandon Lee! Prop killed him.

Thanks to coin-op

si-amigo (28th October 2013)  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast