Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question This or That - Flue up into chimney

Had chimney swept earlier this year. But before I can use it I noticed the sealant or fire concrete coming away. Iniaitlly I was keen to get the guy back. But despite his attitude stinking on the follow up, it may well be something I can deal with myself. As it was a fire, I was keen to get some advice and guidance.

So, flue out of wood burner up into chimney. The connection of the flue to the metal arc forming the throat has not got the fire cement falling away, fire nto used yet.

Do I use this http://www.stoves-etc.co.uk/Installa...fMQtAodBhEANQ& non setting, but only 250c but flue now higher. Or this http://www.everbuild.co.uk/fire-ceme...e-flue-cements and keep reapplying as required if flaking and falling persists. Previously when we moved in, the burner had not been used for some 6 years, there seal in this location was undamaged we since had the sweep in.

We have no liner, but the brick parts came back as fine and no corroding issues

Cheers.....Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: This or That - Flue up into chimney

the first seem to be to join flue pipes, like exhaust assembly paste maybe?

i have a stove with 1 mt pipe in to the chimney

this was once an open fire place so i dont get the need to run a full flue up the whole chimney

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: This or That - Flue up into chimney

its all ready installed. The pipe terminates at that junction. ( I Will post a pic) It is that junction I am keen to address properly. My pipe does not go all the way up either. Thats why the brick condition was checked in case we needed to install a flu liner. Thankfully we do not, but typically a few quites saying 1k. Not bad, but I cant afford it!

We have another open place, I am toying with saving for an open fireplace thier, but the hearth will need extending and not sure we have enough cross ventialtion (pull for the smoke) so might get a cute smaller wood burner.

Q