Why I decided to transform

I used to be a hefty kid, but lots of people didn't know because I hid my body in baggy clothes and avoided exposing my body at any cost. I stayed at home when my friends went to the lake or pool. Basically, I was self-conscious about my body and got sick of it.
I tried dieting and exercising many times before but failed to stay consistent. This time was different. I maintained a healthy diet, a solid lifting regimen, and my body changed. It was the most critical choice I ever made. The dieting and exercise struggles fizzled out and my healthy lifestyle was born.
My life changed dramatically when I started living healthy. It changed my outlook on life and taught me valuable lessons. I built a strong work ethic and learned how to accomplish my goals.
Before
After
AGE 16 / HEIGHT 5'6" / BODY FAT 15%
AGE 18 / HEIGHT 5'7" / BODY FAT 8%

Post To Fitboard How I accomplished my goals

I accomplished my goals because I studied lifting and nutrition for several hours. If you want to accomplish something important you must educate yourself in that area and know how to apply it.
Consistency, dedication, and hard work were the other crucial aspects that helped me advance my abilities in and out of the gym.
There were many days when I didn't want to follow my diet or go to the gym. On those days, I looked at photos of my favorite fitness role models including Zyzz, Greg Plitt, Kai Greene, Steve Cook, and Rob Riches.
Apply Here To Be A Transformation
Of The Week!

Bodybuilding.com honors people across all transformation categories for their hard work and dedication. Learn how our featured transformers overcame obstacles and hit their goals!

Supplements that helped me through the journey

Diet plan that guided my transformation

My favorite dieting method is flexible dieting or IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros).
Training regimen that kept me on track

Overtraining is my training style because it works best for me. I don't follow certain rep ranges or formulas. I go by how my muscles feel. I like to mix hypertrophy lifting with powerlifting.
What aspect challenged me the most

Dieting challenged me most. I never had a problem making it to the gym—that's my favorite part of the day.
Dieting is a struggle for most people, but if you have a strong mind and are dedicated you can make it through. When I struggle, I imagine my ideal physique and tell myself I can't achieve it if I cheat.
My future fitness plans

I plan to work harder on my diet and lift heavier to push my body to its limits so I can compete in men's physique. I will be fit for the rest of my life and pursue a career in fitness.
Suggestions for aspiring transformers

I feel bad for people who are envious of others because that's how I was. I want people to know they can start now and build the body they've always dreamed of. I'm proud of those people who already started and won't quit.
How Bodybuilding.com helped me reach my goals

Bodybuilding.com is the main source of my fitness knowledge. I love waiting for new articles that motivate me for my next workout.
Ty's Top 5 Gym Tracks

1. "M.A.A.D City" by Kendrick Lamar ft MC Eiht
  2. "Shadow Moses" by Bring Me The Horizon
  3. "This Song Is Called" by The Devil Wears Prada
  4. "Animals" by Martin Garrix
  5. "Versace" by Migos ft Drake

About The Author

Have you made a dramatic change either by gaining muscle of by losing all the weight you have been hoping for?

Source