Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Advice Falling out with family memebers

Hi Guys

just thought i would post and ask if any of you have fell out with family members before, I dont speak to my dad or sister (mum dies a few years ago), wont bore you with the details may do later if i get a chance.

its weird i havnt spoke to them in over 2 years, even though we fell out my dad had no interest in seeing my first child.
    the rest of the family dont speak to my dad or sister either, A few people i know thinks its weird and just say put differences aside as its family, but to be honest my dad was a bit of a psycological bully when i was growing up, and im trying my damn hardest not to be like he was, i never went without things but man he gave me a hard time over the years.

so is there any of you that dont speak to family members, i must say i do feel much happier without my dad and sister in my life

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Falling out with family memebers

No contact with my Sister for about 4-5 years, I spent 6 Months feeling guilty then realised it really wasn't down to me.....I DO miss her but life's too short.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks to blaggard

rookie (20th November 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

not spoke to one of my brothers in 6 years since i was 30 but hes a dick so i let him get one with it, pisses my mam off but not my fault and im a stubborn git

Thanks to Mobileman

rookie (20th November 2013)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My father hasnt spoken to his sister since their mother died 31 years ago!!

That takes stamina!!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks guys just wondered if anyone else had the same problem. Thing is im happy i got my gf and 3 beautiful kids. Least my dad being a bully to me for years has made me strong and try my hardest not to be like him. Funny thing is my uncle dads brother even hates him.
    31 years nib jeez that is some.record lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

@Rookie - TBH mate if you are asking us the question then you must be asking yourself the question. If you feel the need to reach out and build bridges then do it and take no shit from anyone who tries telling you what to do. If on the other hand you are feeling in any way guilty about the situation then if it were me I would re examine the situation in my own head/mind and then make my decision weather or not to make contact.........Other than that don't feel bad mate. The old saying goes "you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family". There are millions of us who have family quarrels mate.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

not spoke to my mother from being 16 to the day she died about 3 or 4 years ago
    that'd make it just over 33 years and i don't regret a minute of it

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm lucky that i get on with all my family but if you don't and you don't feel a need to contact them then stay happy and carry on.

No point beating yourself up about being different from people who say it's weird. My best mate hates his sister and doesn't talk to her, can't blame him, she's a selfish, stuck up bitch. I refuse to talk to her when my wife meets up with her aswell.

mml
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks
    Karma Level

I speak to all my family. I think I'm the only one.

My Dad didn't speak to his dad from when his mum died, until his dad died 20 years later. He doesn't speak to his sister and hasn't for 30 years. And doesn't speak to one of his brothers. Although he didn't actually fall out with his brother and sister, he just doesn't speak to them.

My mum doesn't speak to her sister and hasn't done for about 8 years.

I speak to all those on my mum's side. But I'm not close with my dad's side. So don't bother. They moved away before I was born and with my dad not being close to them, I don't really know them.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family, I have fallen out with most of my family, from my dads side as most of them did'nt get a mention in my mothers eulogy even though she was divorced from my dad and re married, Only tonight I have had a massive barney with my ex wife after her new fella's daughter answered the phone in my marital home and I thought it was one of my kids acting the goat so I shouted at her to stop being silly and get mummy, I thought it was one of my kids... Since then I have been called out by this weapon who is now seeing her for a straightener... erm how old are you?.

Things happen in families that you have no control over and my best advice is dont let them bother you, be the bigger person and just let them all get on with it as if you show you could'nt give a flying fuck it bothers them more. Don't get into slanging matches just walk away and say nothing. They will come to you before you go to them
    Last edited by flanflinger; 20th November 2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: bad grammar
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Have not spoken to my mother for about 11 years now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i would need a ouija board to speak to my maaaa
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I speak to all my family and have never fallen out with any of them, even though a few of them have pissed me off over the years, i have many non family enemies, but i just seem to let it go when it comes to my own flesh and blood, because deep down i love them all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks guys i have no intention of contacting him, he will end up a lonely old man anyways. Just nice to hear that i aint the only one in this world that dont speak to a mother or father. Thing is i neven went without when i was a kid. He was just a psycological bully which makes it even worse. My sister who i dont speak to has the same traites as him

Thanks
    Karma Level

Family ties run much deeper in Mediterranean regions. I have a huge family and everyone is on good terms. Christmas and Easters are huge here. Saying that I've never been that close to my sister. She bullied me as a kid until I outgrew her then she changed her tactics to emotional bullying. She married a complete cunt who stole from my parents and she defended him blindly, even stole from me a few times to feed his drug/drink addictions. She's a compulsive liar and even though she finally divorced, she is now with another bloke who I think there is something off about him.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I actively look for ways to fall out with family members... especially at this time of year, can't stand fucking family xmas... sitting around talking bollocks and watching shit TV

3 Thanks given to MsDG

coin-op (20th November 2013),  cronus71 (21st November 2013),  h20490 (21st November 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    I speak to all my family. I think I'm the only one.

My Dad didn't speak to his dad from when his mum died, until his dad died 20 years later. He doesn't speak to his sister and hasn't for 30 years. And doesn't speak to one of his brothers. Although he didn't actually fall out with his brother and sister, he just doesn't speak to them.

My mum doesn't speak to her sister and hasn't done for about 8 years.

I speak to all those on my mum's side. But I'm not close with my dad's side. So don't bother. They moved away before I was born and with my dad not being close to them, I don't really know them.
    Sorry mate but had to lol at that

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    Sorry mate but had to lol at that
    Yeah. He's a weirdo. They all are. It isn't like they fell out. He just stopped making the effort and so did they. The years fly by and they move and then it's more difficult to get back in touch.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had it with my parents twice, I came back the first tiime and then they made a boo boo adn they got in touch, get on the best we ever have now and it is wonderful

Thanks
    Karma Level

Being the social butterfly that I am, I get on with everyone.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast