Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AVB Sacked

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: AVB Sacked

Agree spurs problems are with levy too many signings of the same type of player in the summer not addressing strikers or defensive issues, a couple of midfielders would have done throw in a striker and a couple of defenders who can defend and avb would stood a chance to blend them in you can't fit six midfielders into the spurs side.
    Add into that I think levy and baldini chose the summer signings not avb, pretty sure if they had watched soldado they knew he wasn't a lone striker at all he always played with a partner at Valencia, yet still bought him for avbs single striker system?..
    Next manager will have the same problems sell before you buy but levy and baldini will choose who you sell and who you get

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nathz29 View Post
    Simply spurs won't pay for a big name manager, avb was free as he was a free agent after Chelsea, I reckon they will pull the interim trick and wait till summer see who gets sacked, so they can get another one on the cheap.
    Avb sacking was ridiculous levy is starting to remind me of peter swales reign at city....

Spurs have always paid well and will continue to do so. Levy is a shrewd operator, no doubt, but they still spend a shit load and would have spent well even if Bale stayed .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I disagree that they would have spent if they hadn't sold bale and with regards to paying well levy is shrewd and compared to top teams they do not pay well, rumoured to have 80k wage ceiling...

Thanks
    Karma Level

I disagree that they would have spent if they hadn't sold bale and with regards to paying well levy is shrewd and compared to top teams they do not pay well, rumoured to have 80k wage ceiling...

80K is that all?

They are the 5th largest spender in the Premier League era. Which is a statistic that doesn't really support what you are saying. Statistically.... They have only spent 3M a year less than Man U, on average.

4.5M compensation for AVB, also says that they pay a fair whack...!

Top teams win trophies. If we ignore the league cup, Spurs haven't won a trophy for decades. Haven't won the league for 50 years and have never won the European Cup (Champions League). They aren't getting top 5 results for top 5 spending. Although..... They did under Harry.

Edit - Make that 2.5M less a year than Man Utd.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Spurs wage bill around 90mill per season?
    That's about 70k per player assuming 25 players no idea how many players spurs actually have assume its many more than 25.

Just saying spurs don't pay well for a team with big aspirations.
    Agree redknapp had them achieving but more down to bale than redknapp he's a buffoon, bale was also responsible for spurs placing last season many goals and lots that won points too.
    Levy is very shrewd spurs will however have to loosen the purse strings especially with the new TV deal, they have the makings of a decent side barring piss poor full backs, no pace at cb one striker light too

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agree redknapp had them achieving but more down to bale than redknapp he's a buffoon, bale was also responsible for spurs placing last season many goals and lots that won points too.
    That buffoon took a left back who had never been on the winning side in a Spurs shirt and stuck him on the wing. The rest is 85M quids worth of history. I think he may have been sold on, had he not been switched position by that buffoon. If Mourinho did the same, it would add to his genius.

I don't think Spurs fans held Harry in high enough regard. From bottom to 4th. Without him it was quite possible you could have gone down. You may appreciate him as you loiter around the lower part of the top half of the league for the next few seasons.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You mean just after he offered him to city as part of a deal for Bellamy, or when he'd sorted to send him on loan out to forest but due to an injury crisis had to keep him at spurs and play him on the left wing? Yep genius that....

Thanks to Nathz29

Delboy_1976 (18th December 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

You mean just after he offered him to city as part of a deal for Bellamy, or when he'd sorted to send him on loan out to forest but due to an injury crisis had to keep him at spurs and play him on the left wing? Yep genius that....

Ha Ha.

Typical Spurs fan. Enjoy mid-table obscurity.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wasn't Bale offered as a makeweight to Villa in a deal for the wonderful Downing? Where is he now? Barca? Deadcrapp did very well at Spurs,and if he hadn't have whored himself out at the first hint of the England job,would probably not have been sacked. Still think that he managed by the seat of his pants most of the time.

Thanks to SpursSaint1

Delboy_1976 (18th December 2013)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm a city fan? Just pointing out spurs are a bit shit really

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    That buffoon took a left back who had never been on the winning side in a Spurs shirt and stuck him on the wing. The rest is 85M quids worth of history. I think he may have been sold on, had he not been switched position by that buffoon. If Mourinho did the same, it would add to his genius.

I don't think Spurs fans held Harry in high enough regard. From bottom to 4th. Without him it was quite possible you could have gone down. You may appreciate him as you loiter around the lower part of the top half of the league for the next few seasons.
    Geko, funnily enough it's mostly always fans of other teams who think that Harry was so great. Doesn't that tell you something?

Harry had us playing great attacking football, there's no doubt about it. He also got us into the Champions League for the first time, and we held a good account of ourselves too until we met Real Madrid!! However, Harry had no plan B whatsoever, it was one tactic and one tactic only. Also he couldn't break down teams who parked the bus, time and time again we witnessed that.

I could have looked all over that, but the main thing he did was he took his eye off the ball when he thought he was guaranteed the England job, he blew a 10 point (or 13 point depending how you look at it) lead, we finished 4th, the Chavs won the Champions League and the rest is history. Interestingly once he found out he wasn't getting the England gig our results drastically improved.

Just to re-iterate I don't blame the man for wanting to manage his own Country, how could I? But he still had a job to do for us and he let us down. I still miss his interviews with Sky sports out of the car window though if I'm honest!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am not going to argue against everyone. I did the same in the thread about Wenger, when others said it was time to sack him.... And in the thread about Alex Ferguson, when they said he was past it a few years back....

Time will tell. Harry got CL football and would have had it again, if it wasn't for Chelsea "stealing" the spot. Let's see when Spurs get it again...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12