Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Questions regarding house sale, new house - renting etc.

Hi guys,

Me and the Mrs currently live in our own places and we are now looking at moving in together and were unsure about our options, at the moment we currently have

The Mrs Place - 1 Bedroom Modern Flat (Ground floor, with large backyard which is all decked out) - think she paid around £77,000
    My Place - 3 Bedroom House (1940's, has been steadily upgraded over the past 5 years) - i paid £85,000

Now we could sell both of these properties and get a new house im guessing around £150-160,000 which would be great but is possible to get a new place and retain both properties for renting out? my house would be great for a family and the mrs would be great for a young person or professional etc. or the other option is to sell 1 of them and rent just 1 out, we are thinking for the future that owning more property would be a good investment, can you use the 2 current places as collateral for the purchase of a new place? i have no idea about any of this and wondered if any of you had done it and if so can you offer any advice, recommendations etc.

e.g. you hear about these firms that guarantee you rental income even if the house is empty etc. and it just sounds to good to be true, so im guessing you get less money per month than you would renting normally?

as you can see i have no idea so any ideas, comments are welcome.

thanks
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Questions regarding house sale, new house - renting etc.

Rental market is doing quite well at the moment. You can keep your current place and buy a new place by either mortgaging your new property or remortgaging your current. Depends on your current financial situation really if you have mortgages already. Best thing to do is to talk to a mortgage advisor to see how much you could borrow.. Then look at typical monthly rates you would need to pay for that mortgage type (repayment or whatever). Then just have a look on rightmove to see what similar properties are asking on rental Market in your area.

That will help you make a more researched decision.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks to aloogobee

Mystical_2K (22nd January 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Questions regarding house sale, new house - renting etc.

Sorry i forgot to say we each have a mortgage for our own property, I will have a look through rightmove and see whats coming up, thanks for the advice mate
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.