Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default My first website using Wordpress.

Started using Drupal but got frustrated with it so opted for Wordpress. Once I realised that there were plugins to enhance the Wordpress environment and not just for the content it became easier to use without having to manually code - or so I thought. Had a few hiccups with some plugins which meant I had to search through code to find the problem and correct it. Was too far into the project to start again. That was good experience actually because it helped me to understand html5 and css to some extent.

The site is for my mate's garage business. Doing it for no charge because he's a good mate and I have always had full use of the facilities whenever I want so keeping my own garage/workshop clear is not so important.

Liked the look of buttons where the picture seemed to extend outside the border so decided to create my own using Photoshop. Never really needed or used Photoshop in the past. Most of my work has been creating vector graphics for my vinyl cutter using Coreldraw. Found it easy using Photoshop to create the buttons that are down the left sidebar of the site.

Was quite chuffed when my mate told me that yell.com had been in touch trying to get his business. They told him they had looked at his site in the hope of offering him a better web site but it is apparently one of the best they have come across so would not be able to offer him anything better as far as the web site goes. Not sure they know squat anyway so would appreciate some feedback from fellow members. It may help me to update/improve the site.

http://www.revsmotors.co.uk/

8 Thanks given to BigBird

Ashley (27th January 2014),  Bald Bouncer (27th January 2014),  DavidF (27th January 2014),  Goldberg (26th February 2014),  Mobileman (27th January 2014),  stevo25 (28th January 2014),  Teajunkie (27th January 2014),  tombott (28th January 2014)