Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

XboxOne System Update Revealed 11th Feb

It's been announced the first major system update is to be released on 11th Feb and another to follow on 4th March, main points are that the battery meter and disc space management are back.

Microsoft will release an Xbox One system update on Tuesday 11th February, chief product officer Marc Whitten has just announced on Xbox Wire. Among other things, it'll fine-tune the console's dashboard, improve Kinect voice commands and introduce the ability to manage storage. Here's the very first screenshot of the revised dashboard. What do you think?

"Just as we did with Xbox 360, Xbox One will have regular updates to deliver new features and platform experiences designed to delight you," the exec wrote in a blog post. "On February 11, the first update will be delivered to customers who sign into their Xbox One.

"It features many new improvements - including lots of behind-the-scenes updates for developers building apps and games for Xbox One, several new features we believe Xbox fans will love, stability and product updates to improve the customer experience, and continuous improvements to the quality of Kinect voice so commands become more fluid and responsive over time.

"While we won't be going into all of the details of the product updates today, we will be sharing more information soon. "

Here are "just a few" of the features that will be introduced by the 11th February update:

• The ability to see and manage your storage space. With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We've separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we've added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.
    • The battery power indicator is back! You can see it right on the home screen, so you can easily track how much battery life is left on your controller.
    • And, you will be able to use your USB keyboard with your Xbox One.

Another update will follow on 4th March "to prepare your Xbox One for Titanfall" - it will offer "many new features and improvements," most significantly a "new party and multiplayer system".

"This post is the first of many announcements and sneak peeks at features in the system updates," Whitten added. "We've been carefully listening to your feedback and look forward to delivering many new features that will make Xbox One even better. We're just getting started and can't wait to share more information in the coming weeks."

Source: OXM

edit: please post text of article not just a link

Thanks to cobra111

4me2 (6th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: System Update Revealed 11th Feb

Yeah, it pisses me right off when my pad just dies, i play mostly at night and when it dies im always in the middle of a match, then i have to rumble around to find the usb slot and try to plug the lead in to the pad, why i dont turn a light, i have no clue ha ha.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by normanji View Post
    Yeah, it pisses me right off when my pad just dies, i play mostly at night and when it dies im always in the middle of a match, then i have to rumble around to find the usb slot and try to plug the lead in to the pad, why i dont turn a light, i have no clue ha ha.
    I bought these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Xbox-O...-/251378306147
    One in and one on charge ;-)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Still no 50/60 htz fix then? What a waste of time that was

AND

What a waste of money the Kinnect is. I turned mine off as don't want folk listening to my conversation

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post

AND

What a waste of money the Kinnect is. I turned mine off as don't want folk listening to my conversation
    If you go in to settings and then kinect there is a check box for "Use kinect microphone for chat". Uncheck this and folk won't be listening to your conversations any more!

Thanks to x_Mr_C_x

Robbo (6th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Very exciting features there. They have turned on the how much space you have on your hard drive feature. ffs.
    Should have had most of that at launch. Feels mostly cosmetic.

Would be good when they have the matchmaking in there.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by x_Mr_C_x View Post
    If you go in to settings and then kinect there is a check box for "Use kinect microphone for chat". Uncheck this and folk won't be listening to your conversations any more!
    Cheers, still don't want MS watching what I am doing. Only use the voice commands on the Kinect for BF4. Cannot believe that there is not a single game out that uses this.
    Kinect sports on the 360 was fun but they have put the xbox one sport game right back. Shocking

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers, still don't want MS watching what I am doing. Only use the voice commands on the Kinect for BF4. Cannot believe that there is not a single game out that uses this.
    Kinect sports on the 360 was fun but they have put the xbox one sport game right back. Shocking
    I see where you're coming from mate. I'm surprised that there wasn't a launch title that showed kinect off. As it is I think Forza has head tracking using the kinect camera and then there is the Xbox Fitness stuff that use it as well. Hopefully as the games start to flow there will be more stuff making use of it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

AND

Mine does not have issue with sky plugged in does this effect everyone i have been pretty impressed with the xbox one so far love that it controls my tv

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by steve10574 View Post
    Mine does not have issue with sky plugged in does this effect everyone i have been pretty impressed with the xbox one so far love that it controls my tv
    The UK and Europe use a 50Hz broadcasting system. The Xbox One outputs at 60Hz, so if you feed it a 50Hz HDMI source, one out of every six frames will be a duplicate, causing judder.

Is watchable but not a patch on the Sports channels etc when plugged straight into my TV

Thanks
    Karma Level

The UK and Europe use a 50Hz broadcasting system. The Xbox One outputs at 60Hz, so if you feed it a 50Hz HDMI source, one out of every six frames will be a duplicate, causing judder.

Is watchable but not a patch on the Sports channels etc when plugged straight into my TV
    Agreed that was a massive oversight and a piss take considering they made so much of this in the first announcement, there are only unsatisfactory work around's at the moment and I really don't see how this is going to be a simple thing to fix.

Thanks
    Karma Level

more importantly they need to make games not look shit compared to ps4

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by kez m View Post
    more importantly they need to make games not look shit compared to ps4

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

macmilm (10th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

no mate i have both always preferred xbox just games at mo looks better

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by kez m View Post
    no mate i have both always preferred xbox just games at mo looks better
    Yes of course they do

Thanks
    Karma Level

black flag call of duty ghosts only game i have on xbone that wows me is ryse

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well its due today......

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hope theres a fix for xbox controllers that wont connect as I am in that boat :-( can hold the controller next to the Kinect with the lights ablazing but doesn't connect

Thanks
    Karma Level

No update today, major nelson said its not today but will be here this week.

2 Thanks given to normanji

Bald Bouncer (11th February 2014),  kez m (11th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

With the next Xbox One update scheduled to come out this week, Marc Whitten has posted details about what to expect in our March update, including details around the imporvements we’re making to Xbox One multiplayer and parties:

• Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
    • Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.
    • Chat with friends playing different games. Partychat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
    • We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.
    • We’re adding “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast