Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Selling Nortel Networks 48 Port Gigabit Layer 3 PoE Fully Managed Switch - Used

Right then, I've got a few rack mounted Nortel ethernet switches up for grabs.

These are all a bit beastly - 48 full 10 / 100 / 1000 (gigabit) ports, Layer 3 (i.e. IP routing), fully managed (telnet and web) and power over ethernet to boot if you're into VOIP stuff.

Here's a stock photo:

Specs can be seen here:

http://www.trcnetworks.com/nortel/Da...erformance.pdf

Nortel went bankrupt and were bought out by Avaya who put their name on these and they were still sold until recently at a few grand a piece - in fact they are in stock at Ballicom at almost £4k new!!!!

These are all used but in good condition, although may have scratches from when they were taken out the rack. They all come with lug ears for racks but these can be removed.

I bought these for learning stuff in a lab environment as they do full layer 3 so are great for home labs with virtualisation like VMware, Hyper-V or XenServer.

I've been through them all with a console cable and ensured they pass all diagnostic tests and actually boot fully with no errors and all configs have been cleared.

I'd be looking for collection please, and am in the Sheffield area, and the price each I'm looking for is £120 please.

A good page for configs etc is here - please note as well these switches have fans so they're not silent like cheap switches but these things are built to last (seriously they're like tanks inside!!)

Please note: this is posted in accordance with the section rules at: 21:45 Thursday 6th February 2014 meaning non VIP's are not permitted to purchase or make an offer until 24 hours after this time. Full section rules can be found HERE please read before posting.
    Last edited by reverend; 6th February 2014 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks to reverend

Over Carl (8th February 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Nortel Networks 48 Port Gigabit Layer 3 PoE Fully Managed Switch - Used

Absolute bargain here for gigabit POE shame i dont have a use for them they support LLDP-MED to nice
    VIP WOOP !

Thanks to Tim.Lad

reverend (7th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Nortel Networks 48 Port Gigabit Layer 3 PoE Fully Managed Switch - Used

When you say a few, how many you got? We're looking at implementing a Mitel VoIP solution around March/April. I've got five buildings that are going to need something like this buying.

I'm not sure if we've already committed to purchasing hardware yet as I've been off for the past 3 weeks and off for another one yet but I've e-mailed the gaffer to find out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've actually got 7 in total mate, thinking I'll keep hold of two of them though so 5 are up for grabs.

They're running firmware 5.0.0.3 and have software version v5.0.5.021 on - the build date is 2007 on these.

You're supposed to have an active maintenance contract with Avaya to get firmware updates but I'm still looking to see if I can get hold of them anywhere!

Thanks
    Karma Level

As for Mitel I've just built a few vMBGs the last couple of weeks - CloudXL do all our Mitel stuff for us though.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I can see if I can get the firmware on my partner account, do you guys work on the 3300 or 5000 or end users ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    VIP WOOP !

2 Thanks given to Tim.Lad

Over Carl (8th February 2014),  reverend (7th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    I've actually got 7 in total mate, thinking I'll keep hold of two of them though so 5 are up for grabs.

They're running firmware 5.0.0.3 and have software version v5.0.5.021 on - the build date is 2007 on these.

You're supposed to have an active maintenance contract with Avaya to get firmware updates but I'm still looking to see if I can get hold of them anywhere!
    Awesome. I'll keep an eye on my e-mail tomorrow see what he says. Might take all five!

If you can't it prob won't matter. We have 2 remote depots with Avaya kit installed. As long as the website doesn't restrict your downloads based on what kit it thinks you own then I should be able to source.

If not I'll get the supplier to source. They do all our mobile phones, data lines and I'm pretty sure they'd be able to get us the upgrades, we chuck enough money in their direction!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right then these are still available folks - so far I've sold one at work so still have four of these in hand.

By the way would any of you guys have access to the firmware for these please as I'm struggling to find a source?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Giving these another bump