Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Astra H MK5 05 Starter Motor

Doe's anyone know if you have to remove the drive shaft to replace the starter morter. The mechanic looks dodgy I thought it was just a case of disconnecting the battery and undo a few bolts old one out new one in . Any one any info I tried a few Astra forums for info but couldn't see anything.

The car is

2005 VAUXHALL ASTRA DESIGN TWINPORT.

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Astra H MK5 05 Starter Motor

you dont have to remove the drive shaft to replace the starter motor

Thanks to ganjaman2

bobo06 (23rd February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ganjaman2 View Post
    you dont have to remove the drive shaft to replace the starter motor
    not that i know they can be hard to get too but cant see you having to take the drive shaft out

Thanks to ganjaman2

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Starter change, sorry pics did not convert
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks to philo

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

That's fucking cheeky if he is trying it on like that.

Thanks to Ashley

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I asked him how much it would be he told me £100 as it's a big job and that's me supplying the part. I said the garage down the road is charging me £40 if I supply the part or £120 if he supplys the part as its only a few bolts . He started back tracking and said he would fit it for £40 . Anyway 2 days before it I told him to give it a check over for mot soon . New brakes , Track rod end drivers side , Thermostat £400 it cost he told me the starter motor needed done in the next few months . So after getting the price he told me to go get the starter motor he will fit it he had the car a full day I went to collect it he told me the starter was faulty I may bring it back to the shop . He said it wasn't engaging the fly wheel. So after about 5 phone calls the parts shop said they will change it for a different brand .

The next day the parts guy delivers the new starter I go back at the end of the day to get my car and surprise surprise the new motor was doing the same not engaging the flywheel . I snapped I said to him fuck this take that new one out and put the old one back in I will be back to collect my car tomorrow as it was late. I get the car back the next day and he tried to charge me £40 ( Yeah Rite ) . I took the car back and told him to put the new starter in the box I'm bringing it back to the shop. He said he would drop at my place of work as it's only 100 yards from my work I said no problem. Come friday 5 p.m no sign of it I said I will get him in the morning. Got the starter back on Sat morning the parts shop was opened until 2.p.m i went down at 1ish .

The guy in the part shop said he can't take that back I said why it doesn't fit my car so you have to he said it's broke and I said that's what the mechanic said they where faulty and didn't fit . this was going on for about 30 mins back and forth full scale argument in the shop I know my rights bla bla bla I was threatened with the police. I said show me the part again . The fucking dirty rotten bastard mechanic done me up like a kipper he had the box sealed and all for me so no need to check . The cunt had cracked the side part of the motor as to were it fell apart and tried to hide it. Don't even wan't to look at the cunt tomorrow I will end up smashing it over his head.

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He's had you knickers right down mate , 400 quid for brake pads and track rod end , and the thermostat , that's a new one
    was the car over heating ?
    and what made him think the starter was going to pack up ,was he sychic , I'd be taking a stick to the cunts head.