Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Fucking tfl strikes

Yes, sorry we're in the computer age and we don't need people to manually give out tickets - get the fuck over it. Again with the strikes for overpaid underworked unhelpful cunts.

Thanks to blacksheep

ptm (8th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fucking tfl strikes

They have been told they will be reassigned and not lose their jobs, fucking my whole week up bunch of mugs

Thanks
    Karma Level

sack the cunts and get people who value an overpaid job

arseholes the lot of em, think we're back in the 70s

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bollocks, I forgot all about the strikes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good luck to them. It shows the power of a Union.

If more people were united and not just out for themselves, and how their day was inconvenienced, then we may all be taking a fair share of the profits home. Rather than having this 99% / 1% divide.

It's not that they're overpaid, it's that you are underpaid..! I come from a company that has a strong union. It meant I was well paid for the job that I did, and I was very happy about that. I am a manager in that company now, so the union hate me and will fuck me at any opportunity. And so they fucking should. Good luck to them.

Also...

There was a good article on automation on The Economist, this week. It talks about the period where jobs are automated and how it leads to unemployment in the short term. It also talks about how better jobs are created in the long term. Uses the industrial revolution and the Luddites as an example of this. It didn't mention how we were estimating that automation would mean a 4 day week, 30 years ago. Or how we now all work longer hours than we ever did.

5 Thanks given to Geko

4me2 (6th February 2014),  Ashley (3rd February 2014),  Bald Bouncer (3rd February 2014),  DelTrotter (6th February 2014),  lithho (4th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bob crow is monitoring the situation (from Barbados)

services that are running http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/29555.aspx
    Last edited by raelmadrid; 3rd February 2014 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'll be working from home then. I use the northern line daily, it is awful and the staff are usless

Thanks
    Karma Level

My 2cents.
    1. Many will loose jobs as there is not enough track side jobs for full replacement
    2. More will then loose their jobs, as this is a long game of proving redundancies.
    3. While I agree ticket stations might not need manning so much, Safety is a concern, they raise well for late running and have been fighting for many years and loosing.
    4. Assault on remote stations that used to en manned is up as is gernally on Stations all over the network at late night.
    5. This strike has been in the calender for some considerable time. Even as someone how needs to be in the office and traveling about town managed to re organise easily, due to the notice.

I dont see this about Pay, I am listening to the worry of safety and lack of presence.

I do agree, Staff, ticket side, can be more helpful and pro active, but if you are a regular user, you are one of the people who needs this less, if at all.

TFL have been taking things away from the ticket office slowely. Anythign oytsrer (issues) often needs to be done on the phone or online. I still miss the days operators could refund, reset or deal with issues at the ticket desk.

There is a bigger picture here and mainline press in the majority (not all) are not reporting the full story.

Cheers....Q

3 Thanks given to QfanatiQ

4me2 (6th February 2014),  Bald Bouncer (3rd February 2014),  lithho (4th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by QfanatiQ View Post

There is a bigger picture here and mainline press in the majority (not all) are not reporting the full story.

Cheers....Q
    There always is but the dead brained sheep don't give a fuck about anyone else, will bitch and whine as they are either brainwashed by the red tops or are the sort to post whining about every strike there is slagging fellow workers for trying to stand up for their rights, jobs, working or pay conditions yet are the first to expect some sympathy when they are fucked over and never bother to actually find out why people are striking beyond the one sided media sticking a mic in someone's face who's been effected by it asking what they think or reading a red top.

6 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

4me2 (6th February 2014),  afc_man (3rd February 2014),  Bulld0g1961 (5th February 2014),  Geko (3rd February 2014),  GTI (3rd February 2014),  lithho (4th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    There always is but the dead brained sheep don't give a fuck about anyone else, will bitch and whine as they are either brainwashed by the red tops or are the sort to post whining about every strike there is slagging fellow workers for trying to stand up for their rights, jobs, working or pay conditions yet are the first to expect some sympathy when they are fucked over and never bother to actually find out why people are striking beyond the one sided media sticking a mic in someone's face who's been effected by it asking what they think or reading a red top.
    Its too easy to take the media approach. And thats what all to often the greater powers that be rely on. Take the whole Fire Stations and Police Front line issues approach.

Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

I used to be a Unison union steward.

I see unions as a necessary evil, without which management would go wild.

But there has to be some responsibility from the part of the unions. They expect bonuses at the olympics for just doing their jobs, they receive very good wages and job security but fail to want to move with the times. They received decent RPI increases when the rest of the public sector was on a % freeze.

I have seen many ticket staff sleeping, let alone working, This would be sackable in the private sector. As for security, they dont get out of their office, so much of the work they do can be managed remotely.

I have little sympathy for them unfortunately, they have ridden the gravy train for too long and now the much needed efficiencies are coming.

Of course if there was ample funds then I wouldnt want anyone to be forced to change job, etc, but TfL is an absolute money pit. I know people raking in over a grand a day ffs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zippeyrude View Post
    I used to be a Unison union steward.

I see unions as a necessary evil, without which management would go wild.

But there has to be some responsibility from the part of the unions. They expect bonuses at the olympics for just doing their jobs, they receive very good wages and job security but fail to want to move with the times. They received decent RPI increases when the rest of the public sector was on a % freeze.

I have seen many ticket staff sleeping, let alone working, This would be sackable in the private sector. As for security, they dont get out of their office, so much of the work they do can be managed remotely.

I have little sympathy for them unfortunately, they have ridden the gravy train for too long and now the much needed efficiencies are coming.

Of course if there was ample funds then I wouldnt want anyone to be forced to change job, etc, but TfL is an absolute money pit. I know people raking in over a grand a day ffs.
    The bonus for the Olympics was not something I felt was due personally. Security wise, I use Bank, London Bridge, Waterloo, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, Barkerloo, bond Street, Marylebone and Sloane Square the most. I often see them coming out of the offices or have good numbers of staff barrier and ticket side. I rarely use the ticket office and not had experience of the sleeping.

Gravy train.. Mm, well. I am on less, by a good 30% by figures I read. I tell you now, wven when I lived in London, I would not have that job at that pay with that shift work.

In part, I think there can in some cases be better managed numbers and priorities of staff. What I object to is the way TFL go about it and try and mask it all to often. They do this by my reckoning to get other things forced through. After all, if they had a solid case and did it properly a strike would not be valid. Or even if it was and went ahead, it would not matter in the long run.

Cheers…..Q

Thanks to QfanatiQ

Bald Bouncer (3rd February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

You hit on a reasonable point there, some stations perhaps warrant personnel - such as those in central london, however on others it is money for someone just to be there. Final salary pensions, etc, just not feasible in this day.

Of course that doesnt assume that those that have caused much of the debt, i.e. the bankers arent recognised as the scum that they are, and the tory scum that they lie in bed with. But, needs must, and lavish expenditure when belts need to be tightened isnt right.

When I was a steward, I couldnt stomach defending people that had blatantly taken the piss. For me this undermined the position and role of the union, and made them less credible. In some respects you have to admire bob crowe for what he has managed to achieve, but on the flip side businesses change and sticking your heels in doesnt help.

One other thing that is noteworthy is the buffoon johnson, at least when ken was mayor he was prepared to negotiate - and appeared to be a skilled negotiator at that.

Thanks to Zippeyrude

Bald Bouncer (3rd February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Final salary pensions, etc, just not feasible in this day.
    May I ask Why ?

But, needs must, and lavish expenditure when belts need to be tightened isnt right.
    - Again what is lavish about RPI pay increases and Final salary pensions ? Surely if you got paid say 100 pints of beer for your job this year you would expect that same job to pay you 100 pints of beer next year.....RPI ? We are being informed now that we are in recovery.....because of these fantastic tory policies...cant have it both ways we are either in the shit or we are not...which is it /? Also if we closed the tax avoidance loopholes we would be making HUGE strides to see off the deficit....They are the biggest drain IMHO
    When I was a steward, I couldnt stomach defending people that had blatantly taken the piss.
    Fair point.....Unions these days tend not to back loosing cases though.
    Bob Crow does a brilliant job IMHO and is worth his salary to his members...Im not surprised that the media love to hate him though lol.

2 Thanks given to DavidF

Bulld0g1961 (5th February 2014),  Geko (3rd February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

If everyone ends up with a higher wage it has to be paid for somehow (increased tube fares, increased cost of goods etc) this is inflation and in the end nobody is better off. The only other option is the minorities like the tfl cunts who have a stranglehold over a necessity get paid out and the masses pay for it.

People keep going on about the 1% or the "fat cats" but whilst they (the tfl tossers) may not be earning 7 figure salaries they are, in effect, the 1%; they're the ones directly impacting a load of people and increasing Londoners day to day costs whilst making themselves richer.
    Last edited by blacksheep; 3rd February 2014 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    People keep going on about the 1% or the "fat cats" but whilst they (the tfl tossers) may not be earning 7 figure salaries they are, in effect, the 1%; they're the ones directly impacting a load of people and increasing Londoners day to day costs whilst making themselves richer.
    They are not in the 1%. Tube Drivers are the highest paid staff on 50 - 60K. That isn't in the 1% highest earners in the UK, let alone the World. The term 1% refers to the wealthiest in the World.

Maybe we should ensure that all this people are on the poverty line. Make them all earn 16k a year each. That would save you 20p on your ticket, and you'd be a lot happier, I assume?

To address some of the other points in this thread.

The Olympic Games bonus. I got one. And so I fucking should. I had to work harder during the Olympics. I had to pay for the Olympics with my tax money. I didn't see a penny of the huge sponsorship money generated by The Games and it also didn't reduce my taxes or increase my local councils budget. My (London Borough) council tax wasn't reduced in any way shape or form. So where did all the fucking money go? You work it out..!

Final Salary Pensions - I am still on one. And I will strike to keep it.

To summarise. I have it pretty good. And I have a union that is a pain in my arse, to thank for it. There are also plenty of jealous cunts in here, who have some very green eyes when they look across and see others doing better than them. To them I say.... Fuck yourselves. Should have picked a better job. Should try working in unison with others and you can still improve your conditions in any role, including manual work. Applying the same logic that you apply to others. If you don't like it, buy a property closer to where you work. If I so choose, I can ride or walk to work. But I choose to drive my Mercedes, because I can...!

Edit - Before anyone brings it up. Bob Crow is fully entitled to live in a Council House. He is also staying true to his roots and his people. He is also entitled to a holiday. The only people who disagree are the media, the government, those on the board of the TFL and brainwashed morons. Those who he represents are very happy with him, as he gets them improved pay and conditions. Those people are the working class...!

5 Thanks given to Geko

Ashley (5th February 2014),  Bald Bouncer (3rd February 2014),  Bulld0g1961 (5th February 2014),  DavidF (3rd February 2014),  Ganty (10th February 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Unions these days tend not to back loosing cases though.
    They also tend not to represent individuals very often. They tend to go with majority cases only. I know of several people (fully paid union members) who've had to manage their own grievances. I had to leave the Union, myself, when I moved up the management grades. It made it a bit difficult to push the party line, when I was one of the union that would be taking industrial action against it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    The Olympic Games bonus. I got one. And so I fucking should.
    So you're saying you got extra money during the Olympics (due to sponsorship etc surely) then you say

I didn't see a penny of the huge sponsorship money generated by The Games

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    So you're saying you got extra money during the Olympics (due to sponsorship etc surely) then you say
    No. I was paid by a private company (who also saw 0 pennies from sponsorship), not from the government. Hence, I DIDN'T see any of the sponsorship money.

You had a whole day and that was the only part of my post that you are challenging?

Thanks
    Karma Level

No. I was paid by a private company (who also saw 0 pennies from sponsorship), not from the government. Hence, I DIDN'T see any of the sponsorship money.

You had a whole day and that was the only part of my post that you are challenging?
    Only took you 20 hours ;-)

Thanks to macmilm

Geko (5th February 2014)  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast