Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default iOS 7 has stopped the vibrate function on iPhone 4

I know this is going to seem odd but since upgrading to iOS 7 quite a while ago my iPhone 4 will not vibrate. I have checked all settings everywhere as reminded by apple themselves when I contacted them. Apple suggested it was a "software" glitch and I should pop phone into DMU mode and re apply software which I have done, still no vibrate!! I have had the vibrate motor changed, even though testing the original one showed it was fine. I can now only assume that the motherboard is not telling the vibrate motor to vibrate!! The vibrate feature worked fine on iOS6, only from the day I upgraded to iOS7 did it stop working.

Looking on multiple forums and google searches I am far from alone with this.. thousands of others have the same issue..

I even tried downloading the ibrate app and smacking the back of the phone with my knuckle to see if it was stuck.. still nothing..

Is there anything I have missed or you could recommend??? Otherwise I guess I am stuck with a phone that no longer vibrates grrrr!!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: iOS 7 has stopped the vibrate function on iPhone 4

Try changing volume flex but before that try it with dock disconnected had few of those before

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: iOS 7 has stopped the vibrate function on iPhone 4

I compiled a response after only reading the 1st bit and was going to suggest replacing the motor and download iBrate.. You have already done this...
    I had an issue moving from 5 to 6 but it was a coincidence and the motor was shagged. Could it be you bought a cheap one and that has gone?

If possible, take the back off and turn on the iBrate app and listen for any noise from the motor. But sounds like a genius bar visit.

I remember when phones did not have a vibrate You might have to buy one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-...item3a84105ad2
    We all make mistakes sometimes