Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Tesla.. free energy stopped by the energy companies

5 Thanks given to Robbo

bbshark (13th March 2014),  doughboy (13th March 2014),  Ganty (18th March 2014),  rIKmAN (13th March 2014),  supraman54 (12th December 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Tesla.. free energy stopped by the energy companies

Poppycock. It gives no actual details of how it'd work only they believe Tesla had the idea.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks
    Karma Level

there's plenty of rumours floating around of people developing clean or significantly cheaper energy than the current ones, and then the inventor suddenly stopping dev or mysteriously disappearing, it makes a hell of a lot of sense really. If someone did make a break through that meant we no longer needed oil or gas, a lot of people, whole fucking countries even, would be fucked.

Thanks to {{909}}

rgb1 (5th December 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I remember watching a few videos over land mine clearance designs and also water cleaning technology. Have a look at these, what do you think:

Mind Kafon

http://vimeo.com/51887079

Cesar Harada

http://www.ted.com/talks/cesar_harad..._up_oil_spills

Thanks to BigBrand

CallmeGoose (13th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    there's plenty of rumours floating around of people developing clean or significantly cheaper energy than the current ones, and then the inventor suddenly stopping dev or mysteriously disappearing.
    I think i read ages ago that someone developed the technology to split water and use as fuel in automotive engines, rumour was that the oil companies bought it and are now sitting on cleaner technology but wont use it until they milk the oil dry at higher and higher prices till we're willing to pay anything for the next fuel revolution.

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is all nonsense, you can't suppress science. Even with patents in place, there are plenty of countries where that means diddly squat e.g. China, India, Brazil, N.Korea etc.. so anyone can research this stuff and if its viable I'm sure they would be using it. Do you really think the Chinese like having to import billions of barrels of oil to keep their country going when they could equally well be fuelling themselves using hydrolysis.

As for Tesla's energy tower, again millions of physics and mathematic PhDs, Professors, educated amateurs etc.. over the last century not able to replicate his ideas? it even sounds daft
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

BigBird (18th March 2014),  super mike (18th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well its not total nonsense, we could put hydrogen fuel cell cars in production today and with some infrastructure be up and running in no time.

So why aren't we?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by greaseweasel View Post
    Well its not total nonsense, we could put hydrogen fuel cell cars in production today and with some infrastructure be up and running in no time.

So why aren't we?
    Give it time mate, the technology is still not there. Having read into this some time back, it is still the case that for stop-start, instant on, thermo stability etc.. batteries are still the most efficient, versatile and most importantly safe source of energy. Plus the infrastructure for re-fuelling already exists i.e. every house has electrical sockets.

The fact that we have electric cars that actually look decent on the roads should give you some idea of how quickly we're moving away from fossil fuels, and there is very little that Oil companies can do or say about it.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have a read of this site http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk

There's plenty of patents and diagrams showing different devices. Would love to have the knowledge and money to attempt some.

Thanks to 4031283

very.nice.man (20th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep, nonsense mainly! Think I can safely say Oil companies are not sitting on the answer to free energy. Not to say they don't track interesting developments and potential new sources of energy. I think the most exciting stuff with be coming out of ITER in France when they have finished building the thing, could really make some progress in the hunt for viable nuclear fusion reactors.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Still waiting for the tech that powered the car in Back to the Future 2.... from what I remember that ran off pepsi and banana skins !!!!!!

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post

The fact that we have electric cars that actually look decent on the roads should give you some idea of how quickly we're moving away from fossil fuels, and there is very little that Oil companies can do or say about it.
    Hmmm. Any idea what is being used to produce the electricity to charge these electric cars?...

Take something as simple as a lightbulb. I've seen the footage on everlasting light bulbs, developed decades ago, so why don't we have them?
    I also recall watching a guy who invented a charger that would recharge normal batteries. Where is it?
    And my final coffin nail in this, is the documentary I watched on the inventor who, having been to Africa and seen children trading a day's food and water for radio batteries, set about inventing a wind up radio. He went to virtually every major manufacturer of radio's and battery companies and they all basically slammed the door in his face. He got there in the end though through humanitarian investors.

I'm sorry, but there's no-one that can convince me that technology isn't being repressed for sake of the almight buck.

Thanks to I Black Belt

Robbo (18th March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by I Black Belt View Post
    I'm sorry, but there's no-one that can convince me that technology isn't being repressed for sake of the almight buck.
    Totally agree mate. I heard a similar story about brake disks years ago in that a well known company over here came up with a set of disks and pads that would last for the life of your car.

They realised that if they put them to market they worked that well that they'd be out of business as they'd wipe out the market for replacements. In the end they just stuck them on their company fleet to save money there.

Saying that I think I saw Kwik Fit or Halfords offer brakes for life now - not sure if they're any good or shite though but it does make me think that while there's money to be made major advancements are going to be withheld or conveniently swept away somewhere.

It's like drugs - if they had drugs that fixed most modern illnesses completely they'd wipe out a multi billion dollar market instantly - those guys want a long prescription service to make the most money they can.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by greaseweasel View Post
    I think i read ages ago that someone developed the technology to split water and use as fuel in automotive engines, rumour was that the oil companies bought it and are now sitting on cleaner technology but wont use it until they milk the oil dry at higher and higher prices till we're willing to pay anything for the next fuel revolution.
    You're talking about Stan Meyer. http://www.waterfuelcell.org/ Basically, they are making what is known as Brown's Gas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxyhydrogen

Make one, if you're curious. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-why-it-works/

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    Saying that I think I saw Kwik Fit or Halfords offer brakes for life now - not sure if they're any good or shite though but it does make me think that while there's money to be made major advancements are going to be withheld or conveniently swept away somewhere.
    Krook Fit are not offering brake pads/shoes that last a lifetime. When you get a new set fitted by them they are offering free replacement pads/shoes for as long as you have the car. They know most people change their cars every few years and even if you do have the car long enough to go back for a replacement set they will blame a sticking caliper for the 'premature' wear or come up with some other trumped up excuse to make money from you. (">

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Krook Fit are not offering brake pads/shoes that last a lifetime. When you get a new set fitted by them they are offering free replacement pads/shoes for as long as you have the car. They know most people change their cars every few years and even if you do have the car long enough to go back for a replacement set they will blame a sticking caliper for the 'premature' wear or come up with some other trumped up excuse to make money from you. (">
    I had these pads on my older Astra. Took me 5 months of emails and a letter to HQ I then got my £220 refund

Thanks
    Karma Level

A friend who is involved with the motor industry told me a couple of years back about a type of rubber (or similar) that was invented that could be used for car tyres and they would last approximately the life of the car under normal use....

Apparently the tech/patent has been bought up by a consortium of all the major tyre manufacturers.. and it all went quiet !!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmmm. Any idea what is being used to produce the electricity to charge these electric cars?...
    I also recall watching a guy who invented a charger that would recharge normal batteries. Where is it?
    Periodic Charge Reversal (PCR) chargers have been around for a while, I think one radio manufacturer (Grundig?) had one built-in as a battery life extender.

Definitely. Look up Stan Ovshinsky. He made big advances in NiMH technology. Who took the patents on? GM. Who did they give them to? Bloody CHEVRON, who promptly stamped on any attempt to make these batteries in sizes suitable for use as traction batteries.

Who Killed The Electric Car? is on YouTube and well worth a watch.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Glad to see this forum is still running (ex mod)

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is an interesting topic. Fuel prices are dropping.... wonder why. Could it be that an alternative is on the horizon and they are crapping themselves? Bring the price down and research slows into these technologies as the demand for them lessens. If petrol was cheap it wouldn't be a problem but as prices were hitting all time highs more and more people were looking to alternative sources of fuel.

http://gizmodo.com/this-machine-turn...rol-1662123469
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

Thanks to EvilBoB

Rick Sanchez (12th December 2014)  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast