Close

Thread: Believe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Believe

Watched the first episode the other night fantastic so far wouldn't expect anything else as produced by J.J Abrams.

The series follows Bo, a young girl who was born with special abilities that she cannot control, and as they start evolving, the people who are protecting her must turn to an outsider. This leads them to Tate, a wrongfully convicted death-row inmate, whom they break out of prison. Although he is reluctant to take on the role as her protector, the two eventually form a bond that will guide them to helping each other as well as others while staying one step ahead of the evil forces that want the girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PS3 Gamer Tag : RESiDENT-UK

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Believe

My partner and I are quite enjoying the series so far. With J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuarón behind it, Believe could have had a lot of potential. For action lovers the series gives very little and for sci-fi lovers, well, there ain't much of that either. In fact there isn't much of anything except dialogue and running away from things. If anyone remembers the series 'Taken' by Spielberg (a sci-fi series where not all that much happens), Believe has a similar feel. The supernatural takes a backseat and the story focuses on the nature of people and their relationships. The episodes are not becoming more interesting with time so the series may well fade into nothingness but the chemistry between Bo and Tate is believable and is the shows saving grace.

Its sweet and warms the ol' stone heart.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpore View Post
    My partner and I are quite enjoying the series so far. With J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuarón behind it, Believe could have had a lot of potential. For action lovers the series gives very little and for sci-fi lovers, well, there ain't much of that either. In fact there isn't much of anything except dialogue and running away from things. If anyone remembers the series 'Taken' by Spielberg (a sci-fi series where not all that much happens), Believe has a similar feel. The supernatural takes a backseat and the story focuses on the nature of people and their relationships. The episodes are not becoming more interesting with time so the series may well fade into nothingness but the chemistry between Bo and Tate is believable and is the shows saving grace.

Its sweet and warms the ol' stone heart.

Fucks sake..... just downloaded first 6 episodes... hope ur wrong ;-)
    Oh well, will give it a couple of watches and see wot i think !

Thanks
    Karma Level

I mean, it really isn't terrible (see Alcatraz for that) but we watched episode 6 yesterday. Starting to wane a little but we're sticking with it just in case. It has its charms, we had a few who-started-chopping-onions moments in the first few episodes (wimps).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can't comment on the series as i have not watched an episode. Not sure if it was mentioned already or not, but the series was cancelled by NBC, among a couple other shows!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-crisis-702740

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quite enjoy it tbh. Though I immediately thought of touch when I'd seen the first episode

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm fairly shocked it's been cancelled to be honest. I thought it was great.
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    I'm fairly shocked it's been cancelled to be honest. I thought it was great.
    Really? God damn it. No point watching if it hasn't got a 2nd series

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Great, another one along with almost human that I will be deleting from the hard drive. Sweat to god Americans do this on a regular basis with my favourite shows!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Social Networking Bookmarks