Is Infamous: Second Son gaming Nirvana? Our four-and-a-half star review said that the game "represents a great leap forward both in terms of gameplay and in graphical fidelity, and establishes a high standard for what players can expect from the PlayStation 4," so even if it's not perfect, it's worth making room in your heart-shaped box for Delsin and company. But we're not the only tourists to developer Sucker Punch's vision of Seattle. Read past the break to see what others think of the Infamous series' PS4 debut.
- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (95/100): "Second Son is by far the best inFamous yet. If you're a fan of the series, then checking this one out is a no-brainer, and if you're not, consider jumping in with Delsin. You don't need any prior knowledge of the franchise to do so, and if you have any appreciation of open-world superhero games, you'll enjoy it."
- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (87/100): "Open-world superhero action games are about freedom and empowerment, and in these regards, Second Son is really impressive. Seattle is a big, beautiful playground for you to stomp around in with a set of devilishly fun and powerful toys at your disposal. It plays great, and it looks even better, but its advancements also beg it to be held to a higher standard, one that its overall story and morality systems struggle to reach."
- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (85/100): "The story clicks and the action is engaging, but Infamous Second Son runs into a few major problems that derail the excitement and connection I had with the world."
- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (85/100): "Second Son is more of the Infamous I already loved last generation, prettier, with more powers and better writing. But Second Son still kept me excited to discover each new power set and happy to shoot fireballs at fascist thugs long into the night. Maybe it's not so bad to just let go of responsibility and blow stuff up once in a while."
- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (70/100): "The best in the series to date, inFAMOUS: Second Son tells an amazing story and gives players a ton of relishable power to play with. It's held back by some outdated and formulaic ideas, but overall it'll keep players happy."
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]