Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lease cars?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help Lease cars?

Am thinking of getting one. I can pull around 800 miles a month going to work and back and am currently getting hire cars every week thorugh work. Only passed my test last August and it has been a good learning experience so far. Cars have varied and would rate them in the order below. I drive over the M62 from Manchester so there is a lot of uphill.

BMW 118d 2.0l Auto
    Focus 1.6 eCTDI or summat like that
    Insignia 2.0l CDTi
    Peugeot 508 SW 1.6 Diesel
    Astra 1.4 petrol turbo
    Astra 1.6 diesel
    Astra 1.6 diesel auto
    308 1.6 diesel
    Citroen Grand Picasso
    Hyundai i30
    Kia Venga

Had a few different Astras and 308s sadly and most have been shit.

So am thinking of getting a lease car cos mileage will pay for it. Was thinking a Golf 2.0 TDi 184ps GTD. Insurance on one of them will be 600 cos I have not been driving long.

Anyone got experience of leasing? Was thinking two years would do it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Lease cars?

What puts me off leasing is that if you damage it then what happens when you give it back? Say you have a scrape when parking and its not bad enough to fix but would need a panel sprayed what happens when you give it back?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've had two personal car leases and each time have regretted it. The principle reason being that the car loses 30% the moment you drive it off the forecourt, so why not let some other mug take the depreciation hit and get a car that's under a year old? Properly valetted and serviced it will feel as good as new. Take out a low interest personal loan for the money and use your expenses money to pay off the monthly loan repayments. Then at the end of your 2 years you have a car, as opposed to just paying off the depreciation on a lease car and then handing it back.

However if you decide to go the leasing route, then there is a crazy oriental woman who has the wackiest, and cheapest deals in the UK.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Contract hire though not purchase so depreciation means nowt to me. I just want a car for two years and then give it back.

As far as scraping goes surely that is what insurance is for.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If I put a small scratch on a car I owned I might live with it. If it's leased you don't have the option.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Lease cars?

My wife had a Volvo c70 on lease. Lease company were a bunch of cunts. She had it for 3 years and was in excellent condition. However when the guy came to collect it, he spent over an hour noting every tiny defect. Tiny scratch on the alloys. Stone chip on the bumper and grill, even imperfections in the paint work that were obviously done at manufacture. Wear on the seats. Marks around the door handles. Stuff that was unnoticeable if you looked at it or were selling it. Charged her £900. Absolute joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks to muttleymacclad

BertRoot (31st March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Contract hire though not purchase so depreciation means nowt to me. I just want a car for two years and then give it back.

As far as scraping goes surely that is what insurance is for.
    In that case, the Golf GTD would be an excellent choice especially with the DSG auto box.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks to GTI

Thanks
    Karma Level

We lease through our business. Good time to do it too as they get rid of the 63 plates cheaper and a deal can always be had on a stock car. Good for us too as we can claim he VAT back whereas you cant if you buy a car outright. You do get the option to buy at the end but I dont see the point as you can just get a new car every time it's up (2 years for us). We have just got a couple of the top Quasqaui (ones a +2) and it's costing about 6k per year for the pair. Used this company for one, their service was exemplary http://www.tilsungroup.com/

Thanks to TheFincher

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by muttleymacclad View Post
    My wife had a Volvo c70 on lease. Lease company were a bunch of cunts. She had it for 3 years and was in excellent condition. However when the guy came to collect it, he spent over an hour noting every tiny defect. Tiny scratch on the alloys. Stone chip on the bumper and grill, even imperfections in the paint work that were obviously done at manufacture. Wear on the seats. Marks around the door handles. Stuff that was unnoticeable if you looked at it or were selling it. Charged her £900. Absolute joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had a BMW 1 Series on lease. Scratched the funk out of the Alloys, some kids put a dent in the wing with a handle bar, chip on the windscreen and a few scratches here and there.
    I was expecting a bill, the guy came around and basically said it was every day general wear and tear. No charge.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks to Goldberg

TheFincher (31st March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Had a BMW 1 Series on lease. Scratched the funk out of the Alloys, some kids put a dent in the wing with a handle bar, chip on the windscreen and a few scratches here and there.
    I was expecting a bill, the guy came around and basically said it was every day general wear and tear. No charge.
    Lucky git.
    We must have had the lease car fascist, or maybe he'd forgot a mothers day card for his wife and was taking it out on us!
    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butchers knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." - 'Dirty' Harry

Thanks to muttleymacclad

Goldberg (31st March 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was shocked I have to be honest. Could be that the car was worth more than the damage?
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was tempted by a 330 Diesel I saw on HUKD a while back. Only 300 a month. Then I realised it was a diesel and I'm not 50.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Lease cars?

As GTI mentioned there's mad Chinese northeast woman worth checking out 👍
    Last edited by Mobileman; 1st April 2014 at 01:21 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    I was tempted by a 330 Diesel I saw on HUKD a while back. Only 300 a month. Then I realised it was a diesel and I'm not 50.
    I know what you mean about diesels at your age. For example this diesel beast would be a bit much for a rookie. Come back when you are over 50 and can handle a real car. (">

Audi R8 Specifications - Engine and Transmission.

Audi R8 Engine: The Coupe version of the R8 model has a 5934 cc (362.1 ci) 48 valve V12 N/A Diesel engine.
    Audi R8 Transmission: This particular Audi R8 6.0 Quattro V12 TDI has a 6 speed/ Manual gearbox with the power being delivered through it's AWD system.

Power and Torque Specifications.

Audi R8 Power: The R8's 5934 cc (362.1 ci) engine reaches its peak power of 500 bhp (372 kW) @ 4500 rpm.
    Audi R8 Torque: The Audi R8 produces torque measuring 737 lb-ft (677.9 Nm) @ 3000 rpm.
    Audi R8 Power to Weight: The R8 weighs around 1750 kg (3858 lb). Power to weight can be calculated at 285.7 bhp per metric ton or alternatively as 421.1 lb-ft of torque per ton.

Audi R8 Performance Specifications.

Audi R8 Top Speed: The Audi R8 6.0 Quattro V12 TDI - [2009] has a top speed of 186 mph (299.3 kph)
    Audi R8 Acceleration: This R8 reaches 0 to 60 mph (96.6 kph) in 4.2 seconds and can cover a 1/4 mile in an estimated 11.87 seconds.

http://www.autosnout.com/Car-Perform...&EditionID=102

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    Nothing wrong with those! One of my dream cars is a 335 or 535d! Remap that and you've got a stupidly quick sleeper car on your hands!

Thanks
    Karma Level

For all the diesel doubters, take a test drive in a BMW 125d (220 bhp, 450 nM torque, top speed 150 mph) and prepare to have your minds altered. I've done exactly the same test as this reviewer i.e. back-to-back test drives of the 125i and 125d and the difference was very clear, the diesel is better. More grunt, more power to overtake on the highway and tire shredding launches. And the clincher for me is how relaxed the car feels at motorway cruising speed, a diesel cruises effortlessly at 80 mph, and at lower rpm without the monotonous drone of the petrol. A bigger engined petrol car (e.g. 3.0) probably makes a better case for itself, but in the 1.4 to 2.0l category turbo diesel engined German cars are at the top of their game.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive driven a 320d with a remap with about 200bhp and a shed load of torque.
    Are you travelling west to east on the M62?
    That was a journey ,all be it the opposite way, I did for 3 years. About 20 years ago. I had a Peugeot 205 diesel, quite nippy even though no turbo and with a hefty boot at milnrow/shaw junction to ensure a speedy ride up the hill home

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Clocked up 79000 on my 2012 320d ED just eats up motorway miles with ease and i can average about 58mpg
    VIP WOOP !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    I know what you mean about diesels at your age. For example this diesel beast would be a bit much for a rookie. Come back when you are over 50 and can handle a real car. (">

Audi R8 Specifications - Engine and Transmission.

Audi R8 Engine: The Coupe version of the R8 model has a 5934 cc (362.1 ci) 48 valve V12 N/A Diesel engine.
    Audi R8 Transmission: This particular Audi R8 6.0 Quattro V12 TDI has a 6 speed/ Manual gearbox with the power being delivered through it's AWD system.

Power and Torque Specifications.

Audi R8 Power: The R8's 5934 cc (362.1 ci) engine reaches its peak power of 500 bhp (372 kW) @ 4500 rpm.
    Audi R8 Torque: The Audi R8 produces torque measuring 737 lb-ft (677.9 Nm) @ 3000 rpm.
    Audi R8 Power to Weight: The R8 weighs around 1750 kg (3858 lb). Power to weight can be calculated at 285.7 bhp per metric ton or alternatively as 421.1 lb-ft of torque per ton.

Audi R8 Performance Specifications.

Audi R8 Top Speed: The Audi R8 6.0 Quattro V12 TDI - [2009] has a top speed of 186 mph (299.3 kph)
    Audi R8 Acceleration: This R8 reaches 0 to 60 mph (96.6 kph) in 4.2 seconds and can cover a 1/4 mile in an estimated 11.87 seconds.

http://www.autosnout.com/Car-Perform...&EditionID=102
    Can't think of much, more scary than Bert in a R8...

DJ OD

2 Thanks given to DJ OD

BertRoot (1st April 2014),  BigBird (1st April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    Can't think of much, more scary than Bert in a R8...

DJ OD
    Nor me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast