Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

respect Jason Manford buys audience 'a round' to apologise for being late

Top bloke and true professional.. without your fans you're nothing.

Jason Manford buys audience drinks as apology for late gig

The comedian offered to buy the round of drinks as a way of an apology

Comedian Jason Manford surprised fans when he bought a round of drinks to apologise for being late to a show.
    When realising he would be 40 minutes late for the gig at the Engine Shed in Lincoln on Saturday he announced a free drink for the 835-strong crowd.
    The Stockport performer then picked up the £3,530 bar bill as a gesture for keeping people waiting.
    Venue manager Abbi Quinn said it was the first time she had seen a celebrity show such generosity for lateness.
    "It was really good of him," she said.

The sell-out crowd cheered as it was announced the comedian was buying a drink for everyone

"We made the announcement on stage and everyone cheered and then ran to the bar.

"It was quite entertaining for our bar staff for a few minutes."
    Manford was playing his second consecutive sell-out night in Lincoln and got stuck in traffic for two hours on the A628 between Greater Manchester and South Yorkshire.
    He eventually made it to the stage 40 minutes late at about 20:10 BST.
    The comedian later tweeted with a picture of the bar receipt: "Seemed like good idea to offer free drink cos of lateness! But shoulda added Kopparberg to the banned list of drinks!"

Source
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Jason Manford buys audience 'a round' to apologise for being late

Credit to him..... Bieber/Cyrus should take note!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

DVD out soon?
    We all make mistakes sometimes

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    DVD out soon?
    probably, still a nice gesture tho, i would have gone for a double
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Works out just over £4 a head. Wonder what he gets for a show that size..

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Works out just over £4 a head. Wonder what he gets for a show that size..
    i've often wondered about this, if your paying £25-30 a ticket then you would think the comedian is walking away with at least £10 of that per customer, so on a crowd of a 500 people he is clearing £5,000 a night

does that sound about right or am i way off
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would have thought that was about right. At the end of the day they have to pay their management company, the venue etc.
    As for the £4 a head on a free drink, if he is now paying Tax I am sure his accountant will find a way to write it off.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would have thought that was about right. At the end of the day they have to pay their management company, the venue etc.
    As for the £4 a head on a free drink, if he is now paying Tax I am sure his accountant will find a way to write it off.
    So you'd say no ta - it's obviously a tax dodge? A free drink's a free drink at the end of the day.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wouldn't just take one! I opened the bar at my wedding. Announcement was a free drink each, but we gave the staff instructions to serve away until £2000 limit was hit.
    Was funny to see how many 'friends' kept going up and then coming over to me with a tray full of drinks telling me that they were still 'free'.. A lot of them were blind to the fact that I was paying for them.. Idiots.

So, if any of you are planning to open the bar in the future at your wedding make sure you mention you are 'buying' every one a drink and do not advertise it as free.
    Me and my brother had a falling out over it later on when he was trying to take drinks away with him. I love my brother..

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah most likely, however he may not as messing around with Tax didnt do Jimmy Carr any favours

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought Mansford messed with Tax too? Or was it just Twitter Sex he had?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Me and my brother had a falling out over it later on when he was trying to take drinks away with him. I love my brother..
    Had a similar thing at a BBQ I had many moons ago. It was a big bank holiday do, bouncy castle for kids e.t.c
    Couple of hours in a mates brother turns up... at the time never really spoke to him, I noticed 10 minutes later he was walking down the drive to his car with a pack of beer....
    Cheeky cunt. I retrieved said beer and told him to fuck off sharpish !!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Haha! had an instance with a mates-mate on NYE 1999-2000. We stocked up enough booze for us lot and he called to say he was on the way with his missus.
    We all knew he was a cheeky cnut so we started hiding drinks all over the house. I remember hiding WKD behind the cereal in the kitchen which is what the wife was drinking.

He turned up with a crate of Hoffmeister stubby bottles. He went straight in to the fridge and grabbed himself one of my Orangeboom cans..
    Anyhow a few hours passed and I spot his wife with a WKD and several empties next to her. The cnut had gone through the cupboards and found the stash!

It got to about 2:00am and he announced he was leaving thank funk. When he left he grabbed the full crate of Hoffmeister and left with it!

I was fuming but what made it worse was my mate saying 'He does it all the time'. I hate it when people come out with that... Make them stop it or prevent it!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't rate him as a comic but respect for this even if he DOES find a way of writing it off. . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .