The wife has taken down the current collection of Bad Books, destroyed the current design of the Dog House and I have a feeling the term 'Black Bagged' might change soon. She is re-writing and re-building them all for me which is nice.

First Mothers Day and I basically didn't make an effort...
Wife was Up 'Norf all week and I brought them back on Saturday.
(Excuses time..) I have been busy all week with work and doing some DIY in the house whilst the wife and boy were away.
Monday after getting in from work I was up until 2am with said DIY.
Tuesday I was out after work seeing a man about a job as I need to get away from he current place. This went on until about midnight.
Wednesday was the last chance I had to get the house tidy and ready for them coming home, another late finish.
Thursday was a work thing, I managed to get in about 11:00pm
Friday I was on the 7:52am train back up 'Norf.

So, I had organised a meal out and a special breakfast for yesterday. I also picked up the card which I wanted to write with the boy, ok he is only 3 and a half months old but I wanted some pics with the pen in his hand.
I managed that much. Card, breakfast and meal. Plan was to go out and get some flowers/chocs on his early morning walk. He was poorly though and the routine went out of the window along with the flowers/chocs.
I also attempted to book some treatment in the local Spa, but they were difficult and I came off the phone with nothing. The intention was to get some gift vouchers when I went out for the flowers/chocolates.

A lot of intention and I was going to I know. I genuinely wanted to make much more of an effort but the end result was piss poor. I didn't want to take her 'away' as we only just got back from up 'Norf and I had not seen them both for a week.

She sent me a text message from bed last night (she went to bed early) basically calling me a cnut. Not her usual style which makes me think I have seriously done it this time.

Ordered some 'Sorry' flowers this morning. Not sure what the gesture will achieve but I thought I had best do it.

How do I rescue this situation? I honestly tried to do more, just not enough. She had digs at me all day about how I could have had flowers delivered on the Sunday, I tried in my defence to say we might have gone for a walk and missed the delivery but to no avail.

Others must have messed up and dug themselves out of the hole I am in. I honestly wish I had gone out on the lash now to watch the footy instead. Would have been easier to deal with.