Dry dock timelapse....

Thread: Dry dock timelapse....

Goldberg said:

Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

Why is the guy in the Blue Suit not wearing a safety hat...?

Sounds like the whole thing is fucked and would be easier to rebuild?
    We all make mistakes sometimes

CallmeGoose said:

he's just another yard guy...

in the end up i can see this drydock costing the company a good few million - the drydock itself is about 25k a day i think!

would probably be better buying a new ship imo.

CallmeGoose said:

believe it or not this is one of the better ships in the fleet ;-)

macmilm said:

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post

I fucking hate Hull, its a proper shit hole.... the ex Mrs was from Hornsea so we used to go out in Hull, what an utter fucking dump....

MHP said:

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    Young man, there's no need to feel down.I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
    I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
    There's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
    I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
    You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
    Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.
    It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.

lloydi said:

I can see you haha

CallmeGoose said:

stalker lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallmeGoose said:

well no work this weekend. been home in Norwich back to the ship tonight

WotTheFook said:

What engine is it in that ship? I know they like to paint them all RAL 6011 Green as a traditional colour, but that engine has a Ruston Diesels or possibly Mirrlees Blackstone look about it. Ruston and Mirrlees used to be one of the accounts I looked after when I worked for Shell.

CallmeGoose said:

they are MaKs 6 cylinder. :-)

CallmeGoose said:

Photo taking has taken a back seat for the moment. A lot of steel work on the ship has been condemned and they are now estimating another 4 weeks in drydock to replace the rotting steel.

Both sides of the engine room are being dismantled, which involves removing A LOT of pipework, cable trunking, panel boxes, pumps, motors, and thats before they can even start cutting.

My project at the moment is overhauling the previous seawater cooling manifold i showed you. You spend more time looking for tools which folk have swiped than doing the job itself - even requesting new bolts and studs is proving to be a mission!

All in all, good hard work - enjoying it. Feel like you have accomplished something at the end of the day.

akimba said:

Photo taking has taken a back seat for the moment. A lot of steel work on the ship has been condemned and they are now estimating another 4 weeks in drydock to replace the rotting steel.

Both sides of the engine room are being dismantled, which involves removing A LOT of pipework, cable trunking, panel boxes, pumps, motors, and thats before they can even start cutting.

My project at the moment is overhauling the previous seawater cooling manifold i showed you. You spend more time looking for tools which folk have swiped than doing the job itself - even requesting new bolts and studs is proving to be a mission!

All in all, good hard work - enjoying it. Feel like you have accomplished something at the end of the day.
    Is this dry dock near you so you can commute there and back or are you stationed there while the boat is docked as I guess the is one of your months on?

CallmeGoose said:

yeah this is classed as my month on. As it happens i'm off home now. The dry dock is in lowestoft and I live in Norwich so 45mins away.

Not worth the time and effort to commute every day but the odd day is nice and it helps break to the trip

macmilm said:

Fuck me ... I thought you were web toe'd living in Lowestoft, but Norwich? what the hell do you need a boat for, you should be able to walk on water!!!!!!

Anyway is it OK to 'couch surf' next time there is a decent gig at the UEA ????? ;-)

CallmeGoose said:

a few more pics

Goldberg said:

Do you know when you take something apart and you have a piece or a few screws left over.. Does this happen on the ships?
    Everything looks like organised chaos!

macmilm said:

@Goldberg... Is your Mrs missing a few tampon applicators ?

Goldberg said:

You cunt, I hate thanking you but that was actually pretty good.

CallmeGoose said:

Do you know when you take something apart and you have a piece or a few screws left over.. Does this happen on the ships?
    Everything looks like organised chaos!
    happens all the time mate. more so in dry dock. they end up just making new stuff to replace the stuff that gets lost. incredible waste of money.

organised chaos... more like disorganised chaos. this engine room will never look the same again...

Goldberg said:

I wasn't talking about the stuff that gets 'Lost', I was talking about any bits that are left over which I presume get 'Lost' very quickly as it would mean taking something big apart yet again!

I had to throw 3 screws and a piece of plastic away that I had left after I fixed my Vibrate on the iPhone 4s... Still works... So on a ship I can imagine the bits a re a bit bigger.