Dry dock timelapse....

Thread: Dry dock timelapse....

  1. CallmeGoose's Avatar

    CallmeGoose said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    na that doesnt happen as much as you think. marine engineers are pretty good at keeping themselves right and what bits are what.
     
  2. CallmeGoose's Avatar

    CallmeGoose said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    shiny new generator pistons




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
  3. CallmeGoose's Avatar

    CallmeGoose said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    well almost at the end of week two and here is my summary of the drydock so far....

    This is my first full drydock ive taken part in. We have countless contractors onboard all working and doing various different things - how its all organised so well is just beyond me. One thing I will say though, the engine room is a bombsite at the end of the day, we always do a rag and bin run, and chuck out a lot of shit.

    Bulkheads are in the process of being cut out, and main engine cyclinder liners have gone back in. Generator 1 has been re-assembled (see new pistons above). The dry dock is estimating another 6 weeks of work. I reckon this docking will cost close to 2,000,000 from what I have heard!

    Being kept busy each day, always something different and its good to get stuck in. Usually end up covered in grime and crap so getting into a shower at the end of the day is the best feeling in the world.

    Got a little side project on the go (remember the generator that has the new pistons?) well i have been given 4 of the old ones to keep. Worth quite a bit of money material wise, as it is quality forged steel. But I am going to make a coffee table out of them. Here is one I just finished cleaning:



    Heres a coffee table i made a few years back from a Rover V8 engine:



     
  4. macmilm's Avatar

    macmilm said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    Good idea mate...... Not sure I would get one past the Mrs though
     
  5. CallmeGoose's Avatar

    CallmeGoose said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    my wife said "it can go in your boys room"

    funny that as we dont have a boys room in our house.

    next house we will though ;-)
     
  6. Goldberg's Avatar

    Goldberg said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    my wife said "it can go in your boys room"

    funny that as we dont have a boys room in our house.

    next house we will though ;-)
    Will never happen.. I have tried and she promised.. It always becomes something else.
    We all make mistakes sometimes
     
  7. macmilm's Avatar

    macmilm said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    We have a downstairs playroom of sorts for the skids ..... I slowly managed to shoehorn 2 PC's, a leather couch and armchair in it over a long period of time.....
    It took 18 months before she said, "how come the childrens playroom has turned into a man cave?"

    To which I replied

    "no darling, it's just temporary until I sort (my tiny) home office out" IS IT FUCK, I LIKE MY MAN CAVE, sitting in it right now typing this with a glass of wine !!!!!!!!

    She's upstairs sulking cos we had a row..... good times !
     
  8. CallmeGoose's Avatar

    CallmeGoose said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    sitting in it right now typing this with a glass of wine !!!!!!!!
    sitting in a MAN cave drinking wine??
     
  9. macmilm's Avatar

    macmilm said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    and my little finger is sticking out !!!!!!

    Now where the fuck are my cheese and biscuits?????? Fucks sake, will have to make do with these Hors d'oeuvre's !!!

    Edit: Just cos you're from Norwich and prefer krill & plankton !!!!!
     
  10. Goldberg's Avatar

    Goldberg said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    Your salad finger?

    CMG, those pistons... Do they ever go 'missing' if they are expensive... How much are we looking at?
    We all make mistakes sometimes
     
  11. macmilm's Avatar

    macmilm said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    To bo honest my main argument for keeping things in the playroom (MAN CAVE) was because I can connect to the router via cable giving me the full 80mb Fibre speed and if I was upstairs I would get speeds too slow to
    connect to my server in europe !!!!! buahahahahahahahahahahahahah

    She bought it !
     
  12. macmilm's Avatar

    macmilm said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Your salad finger?

    CMG, those pistons... Do they ever go 'missing' if they are expensive... How much are we looking at?

    Why is the Mrs still not satisfied with ya ??????
     
  13. Goldberg's Avatar

    Goldberg said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    I've not been home for a week so I wouldn't know plus don't care.

    The Mother's Day thing was the straw that broke the camels back, therefore I have black bagged myself and fucking loving it!
    We all make mistakes sometimes
     
  14. macmilm's Avatar

    macmilm said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    I've not been home for a week so I wouldn't know plus don't care.

    The Mother's Day thing was the straw that broke the camels back, therefore I have black bagged myself and fucking loving it!
    If you get too desperate just have a wank with a fist full of *lambs liver... apparently it is very realistic !!! (you might wanna microwave it for a few seconds first(unless you like necrophilia))

    *Pigs liver if your thinking of your Mrs
     
  15. Goldberg's Avatar

    Goldberg said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    BigBird wouldn't like that.

    Anyhow, I am interested in these pistons and the value.. I need to think of a way of making money.
    We all make mistakes sometimes
     
  16. macmilm's Avatar

    macmilm said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    BigBird wouldn't like that.

    Anyhow, I am interested in these pistons and the value.. I need to think of a way of making money.
    Why did your Giro get lost in the post ?
     
  17. CallmeGoose's Avatar

    CallmeGoose said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Your salad finger?

    CMG, those pistons... Do they ever go 'missing' if they are expensive... How much are we looking at?
    very hard for them to go missing - essentially the old ones are taken out, deemed with fit for overhaul or scrap (in this case they were scrap and i asked for them to make a table). then new ones are ordered and put straight back into the engine - no opportunity for the "new" ones to go missing.

    Looking at 200-300 per piston, that doesnt include con-rods etc, thats just the piston.
     
  18. macmilm's Avatar

    macmilm said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    Goldie was after making a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]for Mrs Goldie....... Dont think these pistons were Man enough tbh
     
  19. Goldberg's Avatar

    Goldberg said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    very hard for them to go missing - essentially the old ones are taken out, deemed with fit for overhaul or scrap (in this case they were scrap and i asked for them to make a table). then new ones are ordered and put straight back into the engine - no opportunity for the "new" ones to go missing.

    Looking at 200-300 per piston, that doesnt include con-rods etc, thats just the piston.
    Must have decent security on site.. Not just for you lot but for the pikeys?
    We all make mistakes sometimes
     
  20. Goldberg's Avatar

    Goldberg said:

    Default Re: Dry dock timelapse....

    Right, I'm getting a man pad

    We all make mistakes sometimes