Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Advice need help with these please

my friend runs a charity drop in centre for mentally ill people, i managed to source some cheap pcs for them and saw them running fine when i purchased them. they've been in storage since then as the charity was moving to new premises.

dropped pcs off last week and noticed summat a miss. 4 pcs coming back with ram errors so i removed all ram and replaced one at a time on each pc. all was well until the next day when they came back with same errors . one had 3 beeps and rest didn't but re set ram on all and ran for a couple of hours, turned em off and came back next day and had same problem again. pcs are viglen omnino 3 dual core running windows 7 on 2 gig ram.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: need help with these please

do you know where they were stored? is it possible that they were damaged or got a bit damp etc.
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

jimmy mumu (1st April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I was thinking damp connection on ram rails but strange that after a few hours running it would not of heated up enough to evaporate the remaining moisture.

Thanks to akimba

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by akimba View Post
    Yeah I was thinking damp connection on ram rails but strange that after a few hours running it would not of heated up enough to evaporate the remaining moisture.
    Won't be moisture. May be a thin, almost invisible, layer of surface corrosion/oxidation. Take a closer look using a magnifier for any discoloration of the contacts. (">

Thanks to BigBird

Thanks
    Karma Level

i kept them in my outhouse , its dry in the but does get cold. if i'd not seen the working i wouldn't have bought them. now i just feel conned.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks to BigBird

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Fibre glass pen should help if it is corrosion.

2 Thanks given to evilsatan

BigBird (1st April 2014),  jimmy mumu (1st April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

as the people above have stated, check and double check your connections on your RAM etc.
    since they have been stored in your outhouse but condensation could still have crept in, it gets bloody cold some nights in those places
    have the same problem with my pool table in my summerhouse, over winter it can create a thin layer of moisture over the top of the cloth even tho its dry as a bone in there, have also had to replace the power supplies on my quiz machines due to the same problem or what i suspect is the same problem
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

Social Networking Bookmarks