Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Front fog lights are not spot lights

Hi
    Firstly as I am 50 in the next week I could be officially a "grumpy old man." When driving at night it is getting right on my tits that every second or third driver has dipped beam and front fog lights on even if its a lovely clear night. I am fully aware that a lot of modern cars have daytime running lights / LEDS and I am not talking about them.
    The way I see it these idiots could fit into two categories, these are:
    1) The driver has some eye condition that makes them think its foggy every day and put fog lights on, well you twats should not be driving, at least at night.
    2) The driver is a dreamer who thinks these front fog lights are in fact spotlights and his 2003 Citroen Picasso is actually Subaru in pole position on the night stages of the WRC monte carlo rally, in which case are they sane enough to drive?
    The sooner these front fog lights get broken by stone chips the better
    LS
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

2 Thanks given to Lou_smorals

Realist (2nd April 2014),  stevo25 (2nd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Front fog lights are not spot lights

I thought they were supposed to be a finable offence but seeing loads lately. A lot of cars seem to only have one switch for the front and back so they have both sets on when it's a clear night too!

Thanks
    Karma Level

In CY you're nobody if your car doesn't have fog lights that are not constantly on. As above, these lights have a separate switch to the main lights so these cunts are making a conscious choice of having them on. What's worst but not as common are the cunts who don't even have their dipped beam on. They drive around with sidelight/fog lamp combo. Do the cunts not realise that fog lights only light up the side of the road and about 2 metres in front of the car? Maybe they do but since the street lights in town provide adequate lighting why fucking bother?

Fuckers.

Thanks to cyprus

Lou_smorals (2nd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_smorals View Post
    Hi
    2) The driver is a dreamer who thinks these front fog lights are in fact spotlights and his 2003 Citroen Picasso is actually Subaru in pole position on the night stages of the WRC monte carlo rally, in which case are they sane enough to drive?
    The sooner these front fog lights get broken by stone chips the better
    LS
    thats my Picasso.
    No seriously front fogs piss me off too, but not as bad as badly/poorly fitted headlight bulbs. That illuminate my roofliner and not my numberplate. Also rear foglights in a traffic jam?? I can see our fucking car, were only doing 5 mph

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I hate it when it's really heavy rain, and fucknuggets don't have there lights on?!?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks to greens117

BertRoot (2nd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by greens117 View Post
    I hate it when it's really heavy rain, and fucknuggets don't have there lights on?!?
    Fuck I hate that. Dazzlefest. I used to get a lift off a dumb bitch to Newcastle and when I made a comment about the cock in front having fog lights on when it was raining she said that hers were on. When I asked why she said cos it makes you easier to see in the rain. I pointed out how fucking bright and annoying it was and she said my dad always does it. Numb bitch.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    Fuck I hate that. Dazzlefest. I used to get a lift off a dumb bitch to Newcastle and when I made a comment about the cock in front having fog lights on when it was raining she said that hers were on. When I asked why she said cos it makes you easier to see in the rain. I pointed out how fucking bright and annoying it was and she said my dad always does it. Numb bitch.
    Eh? Didn't you just Thank Greens... and then proceeded to say the complete opposite?

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest, I understand totally rear fog lights have their place (on rare occasions).

However I have never found any use for front fogs... In thick fog they make feck all difference except make the fog a brighter and more distracting shade of white!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fog lights work better the yellower they are as it cuts through better - a lot of cars now just have standard 4000k ish white lights for the fog lights so they're not as effective as say a 3000k bulb.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    Fog lights work better the yellower they are as it cuts through better - a lot of cars now just have standard 4000k ish white lights for the fog lights so they're not as effective as say a 3000k bulb.

See this is the thing that confuses me. InTV's and Bulbs, 5000K is warmer than 9000K which is stupidly blue so I assume 3000K even warmer... yet, in photography, and image manipulation, the higher the kelvin, the warmer the colour. So , if I wanted to photograph something in a city and not have over bearing sodium glow, I would specifically adjust White balance to photograph at 2400K or 3000K....

Anyway, I digress.

Yes, front foglights and no headlights = weapons grade cunt. In fact, ANY foglights when visiblity is fine = CUNT.

Thanks to dpSparhawk

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I prefer to call them wanker lights.
    If you see a car and they're on, I guarantee you the driver is a wanker.

Thanks to Mr 250

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    See this is the thing that confuses me. InTV's and Bulbs, 5000K is warmer than 9000K which is stupidly blue so I assume 3000K even warmer... yet, in photography, and image manipulation, the higher the kelvin, the warmer the colour. So , if I wanted to photograph something in a city and not have over bearing sodium glow, I would specifically adjust White balance to photograph at 2400K or 3000K....
    The K rating is the same in photography as it is on the TV etc. When using street light photography you are manually adjusting the WB to 2400-3000k as that is the white point of the the light you are shooting.

In work we have all our monitors calibrated and set to 5000K and use 5000K lighting to look at colour proofs of artwork, different lighting conditions can make a huge difference to colour representation.

Thanks to stimpy

dpSparhawk (2nd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Agreed - I fucking hate fog light wankers

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I too hated Fog Light wankers, but recently find myself becoming one not through choice.

Essex County Council in all its wisdom have decided to turn most street lights off after midnight to 'help lower their carbon footprint'.

Now that's all well and good if there weren't potholes the size of drain hole covers everywhere ruining peoples cars.

I find fogs help light up the road just that little bit better to give a tad more warning. However, I do realize that it may overdazzle some of the older generation with their blurry eyes approaching from the other direction.

Not sure how much this will matter in the eyes of the law though... I've not been pulled yet.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks to DejaVu

supraman54 (3rd April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Front fog lights are not spot lights

Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
    I too hated Fog Light wankers, but recently find myself becoming one not through choice.

Essex County Council in all its wisdom have decided to turn most street lights off after midnight to 'help lower their carbon footprint'.

Now that's all well and good if there weren't potholes the size of drain hole covers everywhere ruining peoples cars.

I find fogs help light up the road just that little bit better to give a tad more warning. However, I do realize that it may overdazzle some of the older generation with their blurry eyes approaching from the other direction.

Not sure how much this will matter in the eyes of the law though... I've not been pulled yet.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    You have to be winding me up? You need fog lights on a clear night to enable you to see the road in front of you on unlit road and you blame me because your lights dazzle my old eyes? And to clarify Yes you are breaking the law.
    LS

On my blood pressure
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks to Lou_smorals

DejaVu (3rd April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I complained to VW a couple of years ago, when I had the lights on automatic it would turn sidelights and fog lights on which invariably resulted in muppets overtaking and slamming their anchors on in front of me then flashing their rear fog lights - the dealership just laughed and said they weren't actually front fog lights but daylight running lights and they are going to be mandatory on all EU cars manufactured from either 2015 or 16 - I now use my lights on manual only and will be checking the lights very carefully when I buy my next car as misuse of fog lights is one of my own pet hates on the roads

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Northernbloke View Post
    I complained to VW a couple of years ago, when I had the lights on automatic it would turn sidelights and fog lights on which invariably resulted in muppets overtaking and slamming their anchors on in front of me then flashing their rear fog lights - the dealership just laughed and said they weren't actually front fog lights but daylight running lights and they are going to be mandatory on all EU cars manufactured from either 2015 or 16
    The dealer should have known that behaviour can be changed - if you know anyone with VCDS / Vagcom you can do it yourself.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a...golf-jetta.htm

You can get a 12.12 cable from Amazon for 30 quid to do it yourself - again the dealer should have been able to change this for you for free!

Actually I just read that link - try this if you've got halogen lights:

Manual Procedure to disable DRL

This is for halogen only, xenons require the procedure below.
    With the headlight switch and key off, hold the turn signal stalk to the left (down) while pulling it back to turn the high beams on. Turn the key on and wait for 6 confirmation chimes.
    To reactivate them, hold the turn signal to the right (up) while pulling on it to turn the high beams on. Turn the key on and wait for 6 confirmation chimes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MsDG View Post
    Eh? Didn't you just Thank Greens... and then proceeded to say the complete opposite?
    Quote Originally Posted by greens117 View Post

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    Mmmmm no you dozy moo. He said lights, not fog lights.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I live in the country and most of the roads I drive are lanes only wide enough for one car.
    we have little to no street lighting so the use of fogs are almost a requirement to drive here.

i don't use my front fog lights on main roads but I do use them on the smaller lanes where badgers and rabbits are a common obstacle.
    as to only illuminating 2metres of kerb in front of you, that may be so in a city but in pitch black lanes they light most of the side ditches and hedge rows.
    As soon as I meet another vehicle they go off unless the cunt coming the other way leaves theirs on!
    in which case I leave the main beam on

On lit main roads they have no use but to piss people off.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

Thanks
    Karma Level

and on a damp/wet road they cause lots of glare around the front of an oncoming vehicle and make it harder to judge speed and distance of it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast