Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Bicycle bellends

It's getting beyond a joke the amount of idiots that ride bicycles at night with no lights dressed all in black .
    the amount of times I have just about saw some one at the last second is unreal

also are bicyclists exempt from the rule that we motorists have to abide bye as a red light to them means just carry on regardless of any other cars ???

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bicycle bellends

Don't put them all in the same basket. Most cyclists are law abiding and safety aware.
    I no longer cycle to work because it is dangerous in London. I had a couple of near misses because of idiots in cars.

As a cyclist and a motorist I see both sides of this. You do get idiots in cars jumping lights as you do with cyclists. An idiot in a car is going to potentially kill more so than a cyclist. I also see motorists in the early hours when I go running not using their lights, same story in the rain.

As for cyclists with no helmets, jumping lights, no lights, no Hi-Viz etc.. I really do not see how this has not been made law! In London with the 'Boris Bikes' it is amazing how any cock is allowed to jump on a bike! Tourists, can even jump on them FFS with no idea of the rules of our roads.

It is a problem. From where I am stood, enough is not happening to educate people on both methods of transport. You do not need to pass a test to ride on the road (stupid). You only need to pass your driving test once with no re-education unless you speed etc.

Someone will hit them, nothing will change until then.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep your right there are faults on both sides strange it's not against law for bikes to jump lights tho

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't cycle at night but I always wait at red lights no matter what.If your on the road even on a cycle then abide by the rules of the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to CallmeGoose

darkstar (2nd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think it is, I generalised all the faults together.
    I saw a copper shout at a cyclist a few weeks back near work when he went through a red light. Cyclist basically told him to f'off...

I also around the same time was crossing the road close to home. Was a crossroad and all lights were red and the green man lit. I saw this cyclist heading towards me, slowly, so I purposely walked slowly to cause him problems.
    He went round me, I shouted 'The lights are red knobhead', he shouted back 'I know' <- hahaha! He told me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    I don't cycle at night but I always wait at red lights no matter what.If your on the road even on a cycle then abide by the rules of the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a true believer in karma. I always stop at red lights, don't overtake cars when I shouldn't etc..
    When I was cycling I saw some epic collisions, non fatal, and all of them cyclists fault. Funny how pedestrians blame the cars straight away when it is a bike v car..

Thanks to Goldberg

CallmeGoose (2nd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As a Driver and a Cyclist, I've seen it from both sides. I've almost knocked cyclists off because they had no lights or bright clothing and driving down very dark roads. However as a cyclist, I've had a whole bunch of close calls with "Driver Bellends".

Shall we generalise them down to "Humans" - It's the stupidity factor in humans.

Put that cyclist with no lights on and wearing dark clothing into a car and you end up with a bellend driver who will race past cyclists, cut them up, knock them off and think it's the cyclists fault, even abuse the cyclist.

Put the driver who does the above onto a bike... and they'll ride around with no lights and dark clothes on and then start shouting and screeching at so called dangerous drivers.

Stupid is Stupid and arrogant is arrogant irresepective of the mode of transport.

ooh, and whilst we're at it, they're the same people who as pedestrians, will edge push chairs out into the road whilst their feet are firmly planted on the edge of the kerb. They're also the ones who will step out into the road in front of cyclists (not at pedestrian crossings and when on the greenman ), and cars and will undoubtedly have their face buried into a smartphone or even tablet (as I've seen on more than one occasion).

2 Thanks given to dpSparhawk

darkstar (2nd April 2014),  Goldberg (2nd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    As a Driver and a Cyclist, I've seen it from both sides. I've almost knocked cyclists off because they had no lights or bright clothing and driving down very dark roads. However as a cyclist, I've had a whole bunch of close calls with "Driver Bellends".

Shall we generalise them down to "Humans" - It's the stupidity factor in humans.

Put that cyclist with no lights on and wearing dark clothing into a car and you end up with a bellend driver who will race past cyclists, cut them up, knock them off and think it's the cyclists fault, even abuse the cyclist.

Put the driver who does the above onto a bike... and they'll ride around with no lights and dark clothes on and then start shouting and screeching at so called dangerous drivers.

Stupid is Stupid and arrogant is arrogant irresepective of the mode of transport.

ooh, and whilst we're at it, they're the same people who as pedestrians, will edge push chairs out into the road whilst their feet are firmly planted on the edge of the kerb. They're also the ones who will step out into the road in front of cyclists (not at pedestrian crossings and when on the greenman ), and cars and will undoubtedly have their face buried into a smartphone or even tablet (as I've seen on more than one occasion).

All all very good points :-)

Thanks to darkstar

dpSparhawk (2nd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

fucking spiders, 99% of cyclists, moped riders and even many motorbikers ride in complete darkness with no lights on here in China and people see no issue with walking in the cycle lane at that same fucking time, even though theres a generous sidewalk. Fucking drives me insane.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

At the crossing I have to use everyday it is a combination a cyclists, pedestrians and drivers all jumping the light. What gets on my nerves is the drivers who stop across the crossing cause getting that extra five metres forward is so important.

Thanks to koola2

Bald Bouncer (3rd April 2014)