Close

Thread: Farage vs Clegg

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Farage vs Clegg

Blimey.....Farage decked him!

I've never fully understood people's dislike of Clegg, but saw it clearly tonight. He was just pure rhetoric and resorted to unsubtle name calling and smear tactics.

I knew we were in a bad spot politically, but this epitomised how bad it actually is to me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Farage vs Clegg

I think Farage could deck Cameron and Millipede as well. The Tony Blair political mould that most of our politicians seem to be cast from is well and truly fractured. Interesting times ahead.

Thanks to MHP

plug1 (5th April 2014)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I watched a bit of the farage program on tv the other day and I couldn't work out if it was intended to damage his rep or not. They kept going on about how he doesn't care about the rules when he invited them to film,was smoking indoors etc. I suppose it depends if you are pro eu or not.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino View Post
    Blimey.....Farage decked him!

I've never fully understood people's dislike of Clegg, but saw it clearly tonight. He was just pure rhetoric and resorted to unsubtle name calling and smear tactics.

I knew we were in a bad spot politically, but this epitomised how bad it actually is to me.
    Just replying to bold bit. People dislike him because a lot of us thought he and the Lib Dems were different from the big two parties. We looked at a relatively young guy and looked at his policies and with the popular support he was gaining and thought maybe this guy and his party could break the status quo. Maybe they could really shake the system up. Maybe they could bring in a fresher more honest group of Mp's. Only to be hit full on in the face with a huge "NOT REALLY" the only bit missing was the top brass appearing on TV sticking their tongues out at us all for the cameras. Just another bunch of lying deceitful self serving power hungry fuckwits.
    They have buggered peoples willingness to get interested and involved in politics for another generation. That is why most hate the cnut.

9 Thanks given to DavidF

Ashley (3rd April 2014),  Bald Bouncer (3rd April 2014),  billynoguts (3rd April 2014),  elephantsoup (3rd April 2014),  evilsatan (3rd April 2014),  Ginnerfreak (3rd April 2014),  hn120 (5th April 2014),  neilb (3rd April 2014),  tombott (3rd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think that Farage has a level of intelligence that worries the other leaders.. . Not a product of Oxford or Cambridge, in fact I don't believe that he even went to university he seems to be a charismatic salesman and genius of self promotion, generating a persona which appeals to all but the bleeding heart liberals and staunch trotski's... I think he would make a fantastic leader and his party has 'some' ideas that I agree with..... However his potential cabinet is full of dicks!

I do however see potential for some strong members of the mainstream parties defecting to UKIP if there is a strong showing at the European elections.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Just replying to bold bit. People dislike him because a lot of us thought he and the Lib Dems were different from the big two parties. We looked at a relatively young guy and looked at his policies and with the popular support he was gaining and thought maybe this guy and his party could break the status quo. Maybe they could really shake the system up. Maybe they could bring in a fresher more honest group of Mp's. Only to be hit full on in the face with a huge "NOT REALLY" the only bit missing was the top brass appearing on TV sticking their tongues out at us all for the cameras. Just another bunch of lying deceitful self serving power hungry fuckwits.
    They have buggered peoples willingness to get interested and involved in politics for another generation. That is why most hate the cnut.
    I don't know how much of it was to do with him being Camerons bitch but I agree with you, for once it looked like another party had a chance and it happened to be a party that sounded like they were going to be different but politics is just lies to receive or prolong power. No party wants to make the sort of changes that would truly benefit the country as the benefits wouldn't become apparent for years, they want to make small changes that are effective immediately to swing favour their way from different groups of voters.

2 Thanks given to evilsatan

Ginnerfreak (3rd April 2014),  plug1 (5th April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

There are a few charismatic, intelligent Politicians out there, Daniel Hannon, a fantastic speaker. . .anyone remember his demolition job of the Gordon Brown Government in the European Parliament) while Gordon sat with a rictus grin unable to move, fantastic stuff of course there's Gorgeous George Galloway and his humiliation of the USA Senate Committee and sundry other Politicians here on Question time and in various Government debates. .. Farage is always in control and prepared. . .unfortunately they are all flawed, George proved himself to be a bit of a twat on Big Brother, Hannan is somewhere to the right of Genghis Khan and Farage seemingly has no control over his own Party Members. . . . I haven't watched the debates, Clegg is just what he has always been, even before he became devalued by the Conservatives he would have had no real chance agains a debater like Farrage, I might catch up now for entertainment value.
    Check the Hannan speech, he was making points that others only caught on to AFTER the Election. . . . . .

Danial Hannan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs

George Galloway
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5u1skEoqLs
    Last edited by blaggard; 3rd April 2014 at 01:03 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

4 Thanks given to blaggard

Bald Bouncer (3rd April 2014),  billynoguts (3rd April 2014),  DavidF (3rd April 2014),  elephantsoup (3rd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest I think Galloway is a class above in the art of debate. For all his flaws he has shown plenty of balls and on "most" occasions has doggedly stuck to his principals and beliefs. Shame there are not more like him. I still love watching him whenever someone thinks "Let's get Galloway on and I will be the one to bring him down a peg" Many have tried only to be left soundly thrashed by his debating skills and his knowledge of whatever subject he is discussing.

3 Thanks given to DavidF

Bald Bouncer (3rd April 2014),  billynoguts (3rd April 2014),  GTI (3rd April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    To be honest I think Galloway is a class above in the art of debate. For all his flaws he has shown plenty of balls and on "most" occasions has doggedly stuck to his principals and beliefs. Shame there are not more like him. I still love watching him whenever someone thinks "Let's get Galloway on and I will be the one to bring him down a peg" Many have tried only to be left soundly thrashed by his debating skills and his knowledge of whatever subject he is discussing.
    However he needs to be able to exercise good judgement, I'm a fan and love listening to him, should he be running the Country? probably not. ..
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks to blaggard

Bald Bouncer (3rd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I couldn't vote for any of them. Farage seems to be the most "normal" of all of them. But...Like all of them, he can probably be bought. I'd like them to get a few seats, it would make the commons more interesting. A little bit of anarchy in the house, would be good.

As for Clegg. I knew he was a cunt... always. Look into him. Look at the family he married into. He's as much of a Tory boy as any of them.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've been voting since the eighties and tbh I am fed up with all politicians. When they get, in they blame the last fuckwits that was in last and don't deliver using it as an excuse. They all lie, promise, cheat and rob the system. Only today once again a top MP, Culture Secretary Maria Miller has been found to be naughty and claimed she had improperly claimed around £90,000 on a southwest London property between 2005 and 2009. FRAUD would be a better way of describing it but was a genuine mistake apparently. FFS all bullshit fed to us by educated people who know better than all of the British public. It gives a whole new meaning to we are all in this together or justice....its more like "JUST US" I agree with Farage these career politicians don't know anything about real life or real business and have little experience in trade or life in general.

Thanks to billynoguts

ZX7R (4th April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

They are all as bad as each other and none of them have balls.

Thanks
    Karma Level

More than anything said in the debates I think the biggest mark against Clegg is that he hadn't the sense to see he was going to come out of this looking worse than ever no matter how they went.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I like him and always have, people are fed up with things now in this country and this is the perfect time for him to strike whislt the iron is hot.

if he could sort out some half decent manifesto for the general election then I think a lot of arses will be quivvering