Close

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

RIP Peaches Geldof Dead age 25

TV presenter Peaches Geldof, second daughter of musician Bob Geldof and Paula Yates, has died aged 25.

Police say they were called to an address near Wrotham, Kent following a report of concern for the welfare of a woman on Monday afternoon.

The woman, aged 25, was later pronounced dead by South East Coast Ambulance Service.

"At this stage, the death is being treated as unexplained and sudden," said a statement from Kent Police.

Peaches Geldof Geldof was pictured at a fashion show in London last week
    Born in 1989, Peaches Honeyblossom Geldof embarked on a media career at the age of 15, when she began writing a column for Elle magazine.

She left home at sixteen and went on to contribute to the Telegraph and the Guardian, and presented TV shows including ITV2's OMG! with Peaches Geldof.

She also worked as a model and, just last week, attended a launch for Tesco's F&F clothing range in London.

She was married to musician Thomas Cohen, with whom she had two sons, Astala, one, and Phaedra, who will turn one on 24 April.

'Numb'

Geldof lost her own mother when she was just 11 years old. Paula Yates died of a drug overdose in September 2000.

Speaking to Elle Magazine in 2013, Peaches said she had not come to terms with Yates's death for several years.

"I remember the day my mother died, and it's still hard to talk about it. I just blocked it out. I went to school the next day because my father's mentality was 'keep calm and carry on'," she said.

"So we all went to school and tried to act as if nothing had happened. But it had happened. I didn't grieve. I didn't cry at her funeral. I couldn't express anything because I was just numb to it all. I didn't start grieving for my mother properly until I was maybe 16."

Geldof said she had experimented with drugs as a teenager, but was "never that wild".

She was previously married to rock musician Max Drummey but the pair separated in 2009 after a six-month marriage.

Her last tweet, posted on Sunday was a picture of her as a baby in her mother's arms.

She leaves her husband and sons; father Bob Geldof; sisters Fifi Trixibelle and Pixie; and younger half-sister, Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26931337

She seemed nice so it is sad news and I hope that this was painless natural death :-(

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Peaches Geldof has been found Dead

Leaves 2 children, a husband, and an ex husband.
    TV presenter Peaches Geldof, second daughter of musician Bob Geldof and Paula Yates, has died aged 25.

Police say they were called to an address near Wrotham, Kent following a report of concern for the welfare of a woman on Monday afternoon.

The woman, aged 25, was later pronounced dead by South East Coast Ambulance Service.

"At this stage, the death is being treated as unexplained and sudden," said a statement from Kent Police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26931337

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Peaches Geldof Dead age 25

Posts merged

Thanks
    Karma Level

I do feel sorry for ol Bob, he's a decent bloke who doesn't deserve such tragedy in his life.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

3 Thanks given to GTI

beerman (7th April 2014),  BigBird (7th April 2014),  raelmadrid (7th April 2014)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I cannot believe this. Such a stunning young lady with so much to live for.
    With no explanation to cause of death as yet, this must be devastating to the Geldofs ATM.

RIP young lady.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Seriously shocked at this.

Also I didn't realise she only live a couple of miles away from me.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sad to hear of anyone that young passing away, especially with kids.

Thanks to ZX7R

stevo25 (7th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I feel sorry for her poor kids. I had some massive low points in my life and even contemplated suicide. Its always the thought of my kids that i could never do such a thing. I no.i will get slated for this but i think its a fucking selfish thing to do

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Very sad, seemed to be one of the few decent people of that age bracket in the limelight trying to do something decent with their fame. RIP.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    I feel sorry for her poor kids. I had some massive low points in my life and even contemplated suicide. Its always the thought of my kids that i could never do such a thing. I no.i will get slated for this but i think its a fucking selfish thing to do
    In the light of reality or sensibility it could well seem to be selfish mate, but when the mind is in a dark place it's not so clear cut imo.

Thanks to burner1

rookie (7th April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

so she has killed herself then?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Apparently been suffering from depression of late.... with two kids would be shocked if she was selfish enough for it to be plain old suicide ... possibly drug related/drug related suicide ?!?!?!?!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't think it's been announced yet.

The press do seem to be making lots of reference to her not handling her mother death as well as peaches last tweet being a photo of the 2 of them last Sunday.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sad to hear this
    R.I.P

Thanks
    Karma Level

accident, murder or suicide either way its a shame, there are two little lads going to bed tonight who will wonder why their mummy isnt tucking them in and may never really remember their mother let alone get know her, I don't want to get into it here but we as a family have had a rough six months and I after contemplating how it would feel to be left alone in the wake of a crushing loss know a little how her husband will be feeling without his wife -even though we're not married yet

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah it really is a shame, the tattoo of the flowers that went up her leg and stomach was pretty cool ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

As selfish as it seems to those on the outside, those who've been in dark place mentally will confirm, it's one hell of an illness to fight.

It's easy for us to say "selfish this, selfish that" but what you have to remember depression is an illness, and mental illness is something which strips you of all your senses and logical thought processes. The psychologicalpain takes over, and this is what trumps all senses, your main goal is to numb that pain, by any means.

Unfortunately, suicide is often one of the main avenues of escape for mental illness. If this is the case, then this is very sad, especially for the children, but a women in her position with the help and funds available, is arguably best placed to seek the very best medical care for her illness. No more tragic than the hundreds of people who commit suicide every day.

Perhaps this high profile death will act as a spring board for more attention, care, funding into mental illness research, care and development. Probably not, but it only takes one high profile case to kick start a chain of positive reactions (i.e Jade Goody and cervical cancer etc)
    Last edited by BigBrand; 8th April 2014 at 11:45 AM.

11 Thanks given to BigBrand

Show/Hide list of the thanked

4me2 (8th April 2014),  Ashley (8th April 2014),  beerman (8th April 2014),  elephantsoup (8th April 2014),  macmilm (8th April 2014),  PlauGE (8th April 2014),  raelmadrid (9th April 2014),  stimpy (9th April 2014),  super mike (8th April 2014),  Teajunkie (8th April 2014),  ViSaGe (8th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrand View Post
    As selfish as it seems to those on the outside, those who've been in dark place mentally will confirm, it's one hell of an illness to fight.

It's easy for us to say "selfish this, selfish that" but what you have to remember depression is an illness, and mental illness is something which strips you of all your senses and logical thought processes. The physiological pain takes over, and this is what trumps all senses, your main goal is to numb that pain, by any means.
    You are a wise man and as a major sufferer of depression i can vouch for that!

I am ashamed to admit that 12 years ago i tried to take my own life on two separate occasions.
    Both times i was found by a member of the public unconscious and at my last hours of life.

Depression can fuck up your head in a way you cant imagine. It makes you feel so alone even with help of family and friends, there is no light at the end of the tunnel only darkness.

The thought of leaving my wife and kids alone to deal with the pain and heartache that this poor family is dealing with right now, is just unimaginable.

My thoughts are with her family and close friends.
    Lifes a fucking bitch to some of us and others just glide through.
    Have you joined the DF discord server. https://discord.com/invite/YajVGQxDaw

13 Thanks given to Teajunkie

Show/Hide list of the thanked

4me2 (8th April 2014),  AD (8th April 2014),  Ashley (8th April 2014),  beerman (8th April 2014),  BigBrand (8th April 2014),  chesser (8th April 2014),  greens117 (9th April 2014),  macmilm (8th April 2014),  nitelife (9th April 2014),  PlauGE (8th April 2014),  raelmadrid (9th April 2014),  super mike (8th April 2014),  ViSaGe (8th April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It is incredibly sad, she must have been in a dark place.

I listened to the BBC reporter talking about this yesterday and I'm sure whether it was a faux pas or a slip of the tongue when he said "and of course her mother ALSO died of a drug overdose"

Whatever the reason was she must have been so desperate to leave her kids I don't think we can imagine the kind of mind-set she was in, although I don't condone suicide I can kind of understand why she has taken her life if that makes sense, people often say how can she leave her kids and do what her mum did to her, but simply you cannot put yourself into her shoes or second guess what frame of mind she was or has been in for sometime.

Just tragic RIP Peaches I hope you find your peace now.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Poor girl, never nice to see such a young life end, a tragic tale and my thoughts are with her family
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast