Lol my brother had one do that at my mums house. I wasn't happy when he told me the wood flooring is fucked and will need to be replaced (it burnt a hole in it). Luckily no one was hurt, it didn't fly across the room like the video, it just went bang and started spewing flames. My nephew was sitting about 3 foot away and my bro was actually walking over to it to take it off charge when it happened, very lucky.
Oh yeah, he was using the wrong charger too.
I work in the fire service and there has been quite a lot of fires throughout the country due to charging so would be careful where you buy your batteries from and to look after them, there is a li po guard bag that only about a fiver and could potentially save a lot of damage
Too many dealers aren't telling customers that phone chargers have too high an output for these, there's 3 places around me and only one is responsible enough to tell the customers about this, the other ones are full of Chinese copies as well.
I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to electrics, but I thought all of these charge off a USB charger which is outputting 5V
Yep. All my chargers are like the one GTI shows and I've never had a problem.
Yep 5v but the ego should b charged at 500ma, but most phone chargers put out 1000ma, with the cheap electronics put into these, a lot of them have gone out and forgotten to put the overcharge protection in, so 1000ma leads to a lot of heat build up and the overcharge and finally explosion.