Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bristol trainee solicitor Katy Gammon jailed for starving dog to death

my wife is more than capable of running out of a house on fire.

my 2 cats are dopey as shit and cant escape from a cardboard box. i'd take my cats and meet my wife outside

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bristol trainee solicitor Katy Gammon jailed for starving dog to death

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    my wife is more than capable of running out of a house on fire.

my 2 cats are dopey as shit and cant escape from a cardboard box. i'd take my cats and meet my wife outside
    That didn't answer the question.

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

your question was did anyone choose the dog in the above. I dont have dogs, I have cats.

So, yes, I'd choose my cats.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Have been there and although I don't agree with all that you have said Geko I do agree with that....

I was caught in a house fire about 8 years ago... The Mrs had a pelvic pain disorder at the time so was doped up on Codeine / Tramadol / Sleeping tablets when the fire broke,
    I had to throw her out the front then managed to get back for one dog but lost another that was hiding under a bed !!!!

Thank fuck my kids had gone away the day before !

So yes of course humans come first, and My first priority was the only other human than myself and she was helped first.. Got 1 dog out, I tried to go back for the other dog but the flames made it impossible !!! Such is life

6 Thanks given to macmilm

BigBird (13th April 2014),  CallmeGoose (12th April 2014),  Geko (13th April 2014),  liveseytowers (12th April 2014),  WotTheFook (13th April 2014),  Zoots (12th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    I don't change words to mean something else. I just use them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neglect

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture
    From your link on your word:
    Torture is the act of deliberately inflicting severe physical or psychological pain and possibly injury to a person (or animal), usually to one who is physically restrained or otherwise under the torturer's control or custody and unable to defend against what is being done to them

Tom-ah-toh/Tom-ay-toh

Thanks to super mike

macmilm (13th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    your question was did anyone choose the dog in the above. I dont have dogs, I have cats.

So, yes, I'd choose my cats.
    I take that as you validating my point.

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    From your link on your word:
    Torture is the act of deliberately inflicting severe physical or psychological pain and possibly injury to a person (or animal), usually to one who is physically restrained or otherwise under the torturer's control or custody and unable to defend against what is being done to them

Tom-ah-toh/Tom-ay-toh
    It's the word deliberate that I disagree with. I am not sure it was a conscious decision. Although BB's post about abusing an ex-partners pet, has put a different spin in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    Have been there and although I don't agree with all that you have said Geko I do agree with that....

I was caught in a house fire about 8 years ago... The Mrs had a pelvic pain disorder at the time so was doped up on Codeine / Tramadol / Sleeping tablets when the fire broke,
    I had to throw her out the front then managed to get back for one dog but lost another that was hiding under a bed !!!!

Thank fuck my kids had gone away the day before !

So yes of course humans come first, and My first priority was the only other human than myself and she was helped first.. Got 1 dog out, I tried to go back for the other dog but the flames made it impossible !!! Such is life

A reasonable, rational post. There hasn't been too many in this thread.

I am in no way defending this women. But thought I'd chuck a few posts in that weren't - "She deserves to die". Or "Killing is too good for her".

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It doesn't add up. You don't neglect to feed a dog because you have dislocated your knee. There are people you can call. She was a trainee solicitor so not a stupid person.

Personally I think she took out her anger on the dog for the breakup of her relationship. The dog was a substitute for her ex-boyfriend and she felt he needed punishing. She tortured that dog by deliberately not feeding it. She went to live with her mother after the dog had died and the smell got too much for her. She lied when asked about the dog because she didn't want her cruel act to be discovered.

The courts couldn't prove this and had to accept her word for what had happened and sentence her accordingly. They say she showed little remorse which would be consistent with what I think happened. I guess we may never know her true intentions. (">
    Last edited by BigBird; 13th April 2014 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Geko, were you on her defence committee? She did a bad thing, a very bad thing.

Question for you as a result of your posts. Was she punished fairly or harshly?
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bearing in mind she will most likely serve half her sentence which is about 2 months, maybe less, then I think any rational human would say she deserved longer !!

2 Months isn't much of a deterrent is it !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Geko, were you on her defence committee? She did a bad thing, a very bad thing.

Question for you as a result of your posts. Was she punished fairly or harshly?
    I'd say she got off lightly.

I think she should have at least been sent for a psychiatric evaluation.... And probably sentenced to a few years inside a psychiatric hospital.

I have not defended her. And think she did a terrible thing. I was trying to give balance to some of the ridiculous comments.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    I'd say she got off lightly.

I think she should have at least been sent for a psychiatric evaluation.... And probably sentenced to a few years inside a psychiatric hospital.

I have not defended her. And think she did a terrible thing. I was trying to give balance to some of the ridiculous comments.
    To be fair to you Geko I agree you have not defended her. You have actually called it an act of callous cruelty. And without knowing her true intentions and her state of mind you are possibly right that she was mentally unstable at the time. Personally I think she was directing the anger she felt for her ex towards the dog, but I could be wrong, just as you could be wrong.

Some people have less compassion towards animals so will not be as outraged as others. We cant all be the same. I respect your right to think the way you do. Some people may say you should care a bit more and the same people might also say I should care a bit less because I can go over the top in my defense of animals sometimes.

At the end of the day you have not condoned her actions but have condemned them so I don't have a problem with that and don't think anyone else should have either. (">

Thanks to BigBird

Geko (14th April 2014)  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123