Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News Bristol trainee solicitor Katy Gammon jailed for starving dog to death

A trainee solicitor has been jailed for 18 weeks after she left her dog to starve to death in a house in Bristol.

Katy Gammon, 27, from Lawrence Weston, locked her boxer dog Roxy in the kitchen of her home with no food or water and tied the door shut with rope.

Bristol Magistrates also banned Gammon from keeping animals for life

The RSPCA said Roxy, who was found after neighbours called police because of the smell and flies, had died a "prolonged and painful death".

Gammon, of Capel Road, had left the five-year-old dog in the house for around ten weeks.

Katy Gammon left her boxer dog Roxy in the kitchen of her old house

'Limited remorse'

The trainee solicitor, of Capel Road, admitted causing unnecessary suffering to the dog and failing to prevent causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

At a previous hearing, the court heard that Roxy had "tried to desperately scratch her way out of the kitchen".

RSPCA inspectors were forced to remove Roxy's remains from the kitchen floor with a snow shovel.

Gammon had piled tins of dog food and dog treats outside the kitchen - feet away from where Roxy was locked inside.

Rod Mayall, chair of the bench at Bristol Magistrates' Court, told her: "This was prolonged neglect of a dog where she was locked in a house and left to die of starvation and dehydration.

"You have shown limited remorse. Although you were somewhat depressed, you failed to take up at least two offers of alternative housing for the dog."

'She lied'

He added: "You failed to act as any normal person would.

"This is the most serious incident of animal cruelty that we have encountered in these courts."

Prosecuting for the RSPCA, Lindi Meyer said Gammon had taken on Roxy while living with her boyfriend, in December 2012.

They separated in April 2013 and Gammon kept Roxy, but the dog was locked in the kitchen because she urinated and defecated elsewhere in the home.

In August 2013, Gammon began staying with her mother who lived a few streets away in Bristol.

She returned each day to feed Roxy but stopped when she dislocated her knee.

Ms Meyer said: "When anyone asked about Roxy, she lied and said her ex-boyfriend was looking after her."

On entering the home, officers found a length of rope rigged between the kitchen door and hooks in the hallway to keep it closed. Roxy's decomposed remains were found inside the kitchen.

Source: BBC News

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bristol trainee solicitor Katy Gammon jailed for starving dog to death

Still appalled after seeing this in IRC before. That cunt needs scooping up with a snow shovel after being left to die in a cell.

9 Thanks given to BertRoot

Bald Bouncer (9th April 2014),  BigBird (9th April 2014),  blaggard (9th April 2014),  Delboy_1976 (9th April 2014),  ganjaman2 (10th April 2014),  Gherkin (12th April 2014),  Mobileman (9th April 2014),  rIKmAN (10th April 2014),  WotTheFook (10th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Bristol trainee solicitor Katy Gammon jailed for starving dog to death

Theres no need to do that, it is so out of order and she should be rewarded with a custodial sentence!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You just wait until BigBird see this.

How anyone can treat a dog (or any animal) like that is beyond me. Why not just have it put down or take it to a sanctuary if you can no longer manage it?

Thanks to beerman

BigBird (9th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cunt.

Thanks to burner1

elephantsoup (10th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Someone told me this story a few days ago and I thought they were exaggerating !!!!!! Shame they weren't !

Hopefully the prison she is sent to will be like "Prisoner Cell Block H"... full of fat dykes ready for fresh meat.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

she'd need more than those sticks if I got hold of her, horrible cunt.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

folk like this should be fucking shot. ive said it a lot of times on here whenever a post of animal curelty comes up... "i feel a lot more when i see and animal suffer, than when i see a person suffer"...

Animals are defenseless, and in the case of domesticated pets, cannot fend for themselves - and place their entire trust in their owner to help them live happy long lives. I have 2 cats, and the love they give me is beyond anything i could imagine. Think about the size of a human compared to a cat - in a cats eyes a human is a fookin giant - yet gladly plays/cuddles up next to, and trust you 100%.

Sad that i can sit and watch the taliban or "insert generic cunt terror group here" execute prisoners, but when i see a vid of a woman putting a cat in a bin I get infuriated.

This bitch needs waterboard, electrocuted and her fanny sewn up to stop the cow from procreating. Rant over

3 Thanks given to CallmeGoose

akimba (9th April 2014),  blaggard (9th April 2014),  Gherkin (12th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

She will only do a couple of months. I don't think she deserves capital punishment, personally. She is obviously mentally handicapped. Trainee Solicitor, my arse.

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

might only be a dog to some people but is as good as murder in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 Thanks given to CallmeGoose

ant3b (10th April 2014),  BigBird (9th April 2014),  Gherkin (12th April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    You just wait until BigBird see this.

How anyone can treat a dog (or any animal) like that is beyond me. Why not just have it put down or take it to a sanctuary if you can no longer manage it?
    Been out for a meal with friends for my birthday. Just come in and seen this. Give me five minutes in a locked room with her. What I do to her will shock the most hardened mass murderer. The devil himself would be calling me up to book a few lessons. (">

5 Thanks given to BigBird

beerman (10th April 2014),  broona (10th April 2014),  CallmeGoose (10th April 2014),  Gherkin (12th April 2014),  WotTheFook (10th April 2014)  

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Evil callous woman hope she rots in hell

Thanks
    Karma Level

Going for the sympathy vote with the crutches...

And only 18 weeks. Is this some sort of joke? It was not just murder, it was torture. If a Soldier can get life for killing an opposition soldier, then what justifies only given her 18 weeks.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i'd shove those crutches straight up her fucking arse!

cunt!
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks to Mystical_2K

Chubbs (11th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

She needs a fucking good shoeing for that, the callous bitch. I buried our Tigger last Sunday morning and he was 17 years old, a bleeding good innings for a cat and we got him from Leigh Dogs Home, not some fucking callous breeder. He had a great life and was loved. I miss my 'Tiggy Time', when he used to come and find me for some quality time, before the dogs went to bed and interrupted him.

Can I get in the queue behind Bigbird, if there's anything left of her when he's finished?

3 Thanks given to WotTheFook

BigBird (10th April 2014),  CallmeGoose (10th April 2014),  Gherkin (12th April 2014)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i'm after big bird. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to CallmeGoose

BigBird (10th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by WotTheFook View Post
    I miss my 'Tiggy Time'

So many innuendo's it hurts !!!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by macmilm View Post
    So many innuendo's it hurts !!!!!
    Fuck off. Cunt.

4 Thanks given to WotTheFook

BigBird (10th April 2014),  BigBrand (10th April 2014),  I Black Belt (11th April 2014),  super mike (11th April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Going for the sympathy vote with the crutches...

And only 18 weeks. Is this some sort of joke? It was not just murder, it was torture. If a Soldier can get life for killing an opposition soldier, then what justifies only given her 18 weeks.
    Would be better if it was 18 weeks without food or water.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gammon had piled tins of dog food and dog treats outside the kitchen - feet away from where Roxy was locked inside.
    smh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast