Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default A few bets for saturday 12/4/2014

Saturday 12th April

2:40 Ayr – QTS Scottish Champion Hurdle

He has to concede lumps of weight, but MY TENT OR YOURS is a class act and should win. The track and ground should suit and McCoy is in the saddle, so things are looking good. He has a hood applied which may also help, but he has looked top class anyway on all three starts this season and comes into the race in good form after a fine run to finish second in the Champion Hurdle.

3:15 Ayr – Scotty Brand Handicap Chase

MANYRIVERSTOCROSS has gained plenty of experience against the novices to entitle him to take on handicap company and he goes there with a live chance. He battled really well last time out at Ascot and also ran well against Oscar Whisky in a Grade One contest. He has a touch of class and with the Alan King yard in good form, he should run well.

3:50 Ayr – Scottish Grand National

Mendip Express strikes me as an ideal candidate for this as I am convinced that he will stay and he has an improving profile along with a really good win to run ratio. He looked very good early in the season, winning his first three chases under rules, having won his last six starts in points. His connections are bullish about his chances and ground conditions should suit much more than when he ran below form last time out. My only concern with him is that there may be a better handicapped horse in the field and that could be MERRY KING. It is worth remembering that he was beaten in a very close finish with Rolling Aces as a novice, receiving just two pounds and that horse is now rated 156, so 140 for Merry King is fair. He also ran well off that rating to finish fifth in the Hennessy and he promises to be well suited to this trip on drying ground, so at odds of 20/1, he is worth chancing.

3 Thanks given to ganjaman2

Bald Bouncer (11th April 2014),  BIG-TED (11th April 2014),  neilb (11th April 2014)