Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

goodn Happy British Muslims

A good friend of mine is in this vid

"You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Happy British Muslims

Presumably they're happy because they don't live in a Theocracy?

Thanks to CzarJunkie

Robbo (19th October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

... or have any notion of editing / singing / miming in time with the music?

Thanks to Zippeyrude

stevo25 (20th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie View Post
    Presumably they're happy because they don't live in a Theocracy?
    Lazy lazy, tabloid response given that the majority are British born 'n' bred
    Anyway, I personally think its a brilliant propaganda coup by a number of prominent British Muslims to show that they're not all po faced fundamentalists (to quote Tim Winter who appeared in it).
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Lazy lazy, tabloid response given that the majority are British born 'n' bred
    Anyway, I personally think its a brilliant propaganda coup by a number of prominent British Muslims to show that they're not all po faced fundamentalists (to quote Tim Winter who appeared in it).
    They are happy because they were born/live in a tolerant, wealthy democratic nation where religious freedom is just one of the benefits. Presumably they've made the video to highlight that if they were not British they may not be as happy? That's the only thing I can take away from the video.

Thanks to CzarJunkie

stevo25 (2nd May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

They are happy because they were born/live in a tolerant, wealthy democratic nation where religious freedom is just one of the benefits. Presumably they've made the video to highlight that if they were not British they may not be as happy? That's the only thing I can take away from the video.
    Again mate that's a pretty patronising view, there are these Pharrell parodies being produced across the Arab/Muslim world. Not everyone bases their complete happiness on whether they can call their ruler a cunt and get away with it, sometimes its just family, life, sunshine, good food etc.. that makes people happy.

Palestine

Lebanon

Abu Dhabi

Egypt

Saudi Arabia
    Last edited by GTI; 21st April 2014 at 10:54 AM.
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

macmilm (21st April 2014),  Robbo (19th October 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Patronising? I think the most patronising thing is you trying to convince everyone that religion is somehow a force for happiness in the world. You clearly have an agenda when it comes to religion and there are religious undertones to many of your posts.

As regards the other videos, none of them mention religion at all. Why doesn't the British one just say, 'Happy Britain'? Why bring religion in to it at all.

Thanks
    Karma Level

As regards the Saudi Arabia video, not a single female appears in the whole 4 minutes, not even in the background. So, I assume only the men are happy there. That's all I need to know about religion. How enlightened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Patronising? I think the most patronising thing is you trying to convince everyone that religion is somehow a force for happiness in the world. You clearly have an agenda when it comes to religion and there are religious undertones to many of your posts.
    I make no secret of my belief in God and have contributed to many threads on religion, evolution etc.. What I am actually keen to do is dispel a lot of the negative propaganda that surrounds religion, you and others seem to be convinced that Muslims, Catholics etc.. must be miserable because they don't have certain freedoms, and yet I think the opposite. Its these boundaries, rituals and tradition that give a lot of people purpose, comfort and happiness. I was born Catholic, and although I don't practice I have seen both the best and worse of humanity in this faith. However to claim the opposite hypothesis i.e. religion is somehow a force for misery in the world is obviously wrong.

It is what it is, and I believe people should be free to practice religion or not practice (i.e. atheism) without being judged by others and thats what this Happy video was all about, stop thinking we're oppressed, miserable cunts and let us just 'be'
    -Benjamin Franklin

5 Thanks given to GTI

aloogobee (21st April 2014),  consoles (22nd April 2014),  macmilm (21st April 2014),  Over Carl (21st April 2014),  Robbo (21st April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

It is what it is, and I believe people should be free to practice religion or not practice (i.e. atheism) without being judged by others and thats what this Happy video was all about, stop thinking we're oppressed, miserable cunts and let us just 'be'
    One word, dogma. Religion by it's very essence offers no freedom at all. It controls by fear and guilt. If that makes you happy, then you are delusional.

2 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

darkstar (21st April 2014),  plug1 (21st April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As regards the other videos, none of them mention religion at all. Why doesn't the British one just say, 'Happy Britain'? Why bring religion in to it at all.

Sorry CJ, but the only person who actually sounds like they have an agenda regarding religion is you.

I'm not going to say that religion is the secret to all human happiness, just as its utterly absurd to suggest the opposite.

Throughout my somewhat limited traveling of this planet, I have never once met anyone that has expressed any sort of resentment for having (to follow) a faith and especially not here in China where religion is officially ignored and discouraged by the government but there is no shortage of Muslin and Christian places of worship, along with the Buddhist temples and so on.

2 Thanks given to {{909}}

consoles (22nd April 2014),  GTI (21st April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

One word, dogma. Religion by it's very essence offers no freedom at all. It controls by fear and guilt. If that makes you happy, then you are delusional.
    As {{909}} mentioned, the Godless communist and former communist countries (Russia, China, N.Korea, Cuba, Albania etc..) offer no freedom either.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    Sorry CJ, but the only person who actually sounds like they have an agenda regarding religion is you.

I'm not going to say that religion is the secret to all human happiness, just as its utterly absurd to suggest the opposite.

Throughout my somewhat limited traveling of this planet, I have never once met anyone that has expressed any sort of resentment for having (to follow) a faith and especially not here in China where religion is officially ignored and discouraged by the government but there is no shortage of Muslin and Christian places of worship, along with the Buddhist temples and so on.
    Like I said, delusional. Countries like China and Russia have embraced religion because they were starved of it for so long. And yes, I do have an agenda when it comes to religion, I abhor it in all it's forms. It's a mass delusion that keeps us from progressing as a species. If we could just evolve to a state where we don't need the false comfort of an afterlife or reincarnation we will see the human race achieve true enlightenment.

3 Thanks given to CzarJunkie

MHP (21st April 2014),  t00lbox (20th September 2014),  Zoots (21st April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As {{909}} mentioned, the Godless communist and former communist countries (Russia, China, N.Korea, Cuba, Albania etc..) offer no freedom either.
    Why do you assume I'm either atheist or a communist. I'm neither. I'm a humanist.

Thanks
    Karma Level

A humanist who clearly thinks his views and opinions are fact and nobody else's views or opinions matter for shit..... enjoy your 'freedom' !!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Like I said, delusional. Countries like China and Russia have embraced religion because they were starved of it for so long. And yes, I do have an agenda when it comes to religion, I abhor it in all it's forms. It's a mass delusion that keeps us from progressing as a species. If we could just evolve to a state where we don't need the false comfort of an afterlife or reincarnation we will see the human race achieve true enlightenment.
    Amen.

Oops!

Thanks to Zoots

wijit (23rd April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do you really think that people practice religion through fear of not being allowed into the pearly gates or being reincarnated as a snail? Most people that believe in a god are fully aware of the reality of creation. I have never once met anyone that made such a statement.

Do you think that the billions of people that take part in active worship don't want to do it or don't enjoy it? Maybe its time to leave your cave CJ and experience the real world.

maybe their enjoyment is another form of their disillusionment? maybe everything we enjoy as individuals can fall under that same scrutiny.

Thanks to {{909}}

macmilm (21st April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Relax guys! Be happy!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    Do you really think that people practice religion through fear of not being allowed into the pearly gates or being reincarnated as a snail? Most people that believe in a god are fully aware of the reality of creation. I have never once met anyone that made such a statement.

Do you think that the billions of people that take part in active worship don't want to do it or don't enjoy it? Maybe its time to leave your cave CJ and experience the real world.

maybe their enjoyment is another form of their disillusionment? maybe everything we enjoy as individuals can fall under that same scrutiny.
    Religion exists for two reasons. Number one, our fear of death, number two, guilt. As regards leaving my cave, I have travelled extensively through Asia, Europe and the Americas. Being a humanist leaves me in the minority, I understand that. What my travelling did teach me is that if all the human endeavour, effort and resources that have been wasted on religion had instead been used in the pursuit of truth and knowledge, the world would be a very different place. There'd be no hunger, no disease and the human race would live more in harmony with our planet.

Lets take Christianity as a prime example. This is a faith, the operative word being 'faith', where the original sin was eating from the tree of knowledge. The all powerful 'God' they worship didn't want humans to have knowledge. Only Satan wanted humans to live with knowledge of their world. The all powerful and benevolent 'God' wanted us to live in ignorance.

If you find solice, comfort and joy in that, you are completely deluded.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

A good friend of mine is in this vid
    Did someone accuse you of being racist?

2 Thanks given to Mule

GTI (21st April 2014),  Zoots (21st April 2014)  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast