Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Made a site for the wife's "friend"

I made a site on 1&1 for my wife's friend. They are both gymnastics coaches at a club and her friend runs the club and is clueless when it comes to computers and asked me to setup the site for her.

I did so, the site is in MY name, but her email is registered aswell as her paypal payment details.

They have since had a falling out, not on my wifes part. My wife decided to leave the club due to the distance she had to travel to coach there and join a more local one. The "friend" has since tried to have her blacklisted and prevented from furthering her gymnastics coaching certification.

I still have the login details to the site, and I want to take the site offline. It is in my name, so I am the contract holder. To be honest I would love to post a massive cock on the site, but kids less than 6 years old view the site and it wouldnt be a very nice thing to do. Taking the site offline will be enough to put her into a panic.

Am i within my rights to do this?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Made a site for the wife's "friend"

You can do what you want as it is in your name. Remove it and mail her to stop her PayPal payments. Also let her know the site collateral is available at a cost.

2 Thanks given to BertRoot

CallmeGoose (25th April 2014),  flanflinger (29th April 2014)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ive changed the admin password and contact email address, and im going to cancel the site in 48 hours after a nice display message has appeared on the site explaining why it will be taken offline

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would say more a case of deciding what you want before taking action, if you just want revenge then the actions you plan are fine but if you want her to cease her vendetta and reverse actions taken you would be better to think out a plan of action before taking action.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

Geko (25th April 2014)  

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

to be honest she wont reverse her decision, and my missus will do just fine advancing her coaching career. this bitch needs taken down a peg or two

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    I made a site on 1&1 for my wife's friend. They are both gymnastics coaches at a club and her friend runs the club and is clueless when it comes to computers and asked me to setup the site for her.

I did so, the site is in MY name, but her email is registered aswell as her paypal payment details.

They have since had a falling out, not on my wifes part. My wife decided to leave the club due to the distance she had to travel to coach there and join a more local one. The "friend" has since tried to have her blacklisted and prevented from furthering her gymnastics coaching certification.

I still have the login details to the site, and I want to take the site offline. It is in my name, so I am the contract holder. To be honest I would love to post a massive cock on the site, but kids less than 6 years old view the site and it wouldnt be a very nice thing to do. Taking the site offline will be enough to put her into a panic.

Am i within my rights to do this?
    did she sign any kind of contract? or was it verbal only? if verbal then deny all knowledge and the site is yours
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

but isn't it anyway what with the site being in my name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did she pay you for the website to be made? Has she paid for hosting and domain name?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeGoose View Post
    but isn't it anyway what with the site being in my name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i meant more she dont have a leg to stand on if thats the case
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Will she be expecting you to maintain it?

What you should do is email her, tell her that you are transferring everything over to her and require details.
    I dare say the domain registration will auto renew unless you turned it off, which means it will all go offline in a year or 2 in any case.

Basically you need to make her aware of the logistics of it all, tell her you will maintain it if she pays you (which she will not) but failing that transfer it so she can get it dealt with else where.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks to Goldberg

GTI (25th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Not necessarily. You could be listed as the domain registrant but if you were requested to set it up on someone else's behalf and they paid either you or the registration fees they have a pretty good case to claim the domain is theirs. Anything you do maliciously could be open to legal action imo.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hoponbaby View Post
    Not necessarily. You could be listed as the domain registrant but if you were requested to set it up on someone else's behalf and they paid either you or the registration fees they have a pretty good case to claim the domain is theirs. Anything you do maliciously could be open to legal action imo.
    I think the solution is simple, sign it all over to her and let her deal with it.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I wasn't paid for this, no money exchanged hands.

The name on the contract is mine.

The adress is the location where they coach gymnastics.

Once I set it up I showed her how to use it, she was then expected to maintain it. She never changed the password, and sometimes (not often) asked me how to do this or how to do that.

She pays the quaterly fee through her MOTHERS paypal account to 1&1. But I am still the contract holder.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_2K View Post
    she dont have a leg to stand on
    That is not good for a gymnastics coach.

8 Thanks given to koola2

AD (26th April 2014),  akimba (25th April 2014),  beerman (25th April 2014),  funkyg (26th April 2014),  Mobileman (25th April 2014),  Mystical_2K (26th April 2014),  Northernbloke (26th April 2014),  Over Carl (26th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Does the site get any real hits anyhow as I cant think it is the most googled thing in the world? If no one looks at it no point putting a spiteful message up.

Whats the link PM me as need a laugh hehe ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    Will she be expecting you to maintain it?

What you should do is email her, tell her that you are transferring everything over to her and require details.
    I dare say the domain registration will auto renew unless you turned it off, which means it will all go offline in a year or 2 in any case.

Basically you need to make her aware of the logistics of it all, tell her you will maintain it if she pays you (which she will not) but failing that transfer it so she can get it dealt with else where.
    Completely agree. There is no point spreading negative karma, just be polite and business-like and then move on. I never get involved in my wife's beefs, because for all I know she may be in the wrong.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, i know this situation and i know my wife isn't in the wrong. This person has deliberately went out their way to ensure my wife does not advance further in her coaching career. Fuck not spreading negative karma, the world isn't all good. Im going to send her a message telling her to look elsewhere for a website hosting service, as this one which is in my name is to be taken down in 48 hours. The site does get a lot of hits as there are quite a few members.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Be careful. If she can show you took the site down to spite her or put something detrimental to her business on there you could be liable for any losses she says she has incurred through your actions. Quite likely a judge would come down in her favour. Just because they had a falling out doesn't give you the right to cripple her business or cause her financial loss, in the same way it doesn't give her the right to prevent your wife from advancing her career. In law though two wrongs don't make a right.

You could try charging her for the copyright you hold on the logo or web site you created before handing it over. She could argue that as you agreed to do it as a favour for her the rights to the site are hers. Worth a try though rather than just handing it all over for nothing. (">

DF Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I could do the copyright on the logo, as I did design it.

My wife no longer works for the club, hence I am no longer linked in any way. I don't see why I should have a contract in my name for a site I am in no way linked to. Not spite, just fact ;-)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If you're worried about any legal implications just send me the username and password and I'll take it down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast