Close

Thread: Hello!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Hello!

Hello!

just signed up and looking to know a bit more about IPTV subs.

been a member of a few other sites around the web but mainly dealing with F5S and VU+ boxes.

think I've just about mastered Sat services so it's onto IPTV now.

I have a fair bit experience in the Satellite side of things,
    having previously worked for a certain 3 lettered, well known satellite company in the UK
    (I'm sure you all know who that is!) so IP is a bit of a new challenge. Thinking of buying a MAG250 and experimenting around with it over the next few weeks so if anyone has any tips or hints they'd be very much appreciated!

look forward to learning a lot from this forum, seem to be a lot of intelligent folks on here!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hello!

Please read your welcome message before proceeding, also the rules pertaining to ant sections which might interest you. .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Trying to find the rules you are referencing but when I click on forum rules at the bottom of this page I cant anything relating to " ant sections"

perhaps you can point me in the right direction here?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah very funny, yuk it up while you can.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Yeah very funny, yuk it up while you can.
    I really have no idea what you mean.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The humour here is sarcasm, we thrive on it!

The Rules for each section are stickied threads.

Great intro and welcome to DF.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Welcome to Digital Forums. Forum etiquette is quite high on the list here, like in real life you treat others with respect and you equally get it back. Contributing to the threads with good constructive posts gets you noticed for all the good reasons. with time your post count will go up and you will have full use of the forum. This has been put in place to stop Spammers,Leechers and generally 1 post users that want something for nothing, they try and get it and go.

Digital forums has been going years and has a large fan base. some actually pay for the privilege and they get bonuses over non sub people. With time you will build up friends and likewise you will be seen here as someone that can contribute to the DF Community.
    Enjoy your stay

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Welcome to Digital Forums. Forum etiquette is quite high on the list here, like in real life you treat others with respect and you equally get it back. Contributing to the threads with good constructive posts gets you noticed for all the good reasons. with time your post count will go up and you will have full use of the forum. This has been put in place to stop Spammers,Leechers and generally 1 post users that want something for nothing, they try and get it and go.

Digital forums has been going years and has a large fan base. some actually pay for the privilege and they get bonuses over non sub people. With time you will build up friends and likewise you will be seen here as someone that can contribute to the DF Community.
    Enjoy your stay
    Maybe you can help me out hen, I'm trying to post a reply in the "Digital Terrestrial" section and I can't.

forum keeps telling me that I don't have permission to do that. any ideas?

this is the thread if it helps: http://www.digital-forums.com/showth...eeview-Aerials

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by connormill View Post
    Maybe you can help me out hen, I'm trying to post a reply in the "Digital Terrestrial" section and I can't.

forum keeps telling me that I don't have permission to do that. any ideas?

this is the thread if it helps: http://www.digital-forums.com/showth...eeview-Aerials
    You haven't made enough posts. . .CLARIFICATION: enough USEFUL and apposite posts, please don't take this as an invite to post loads of rubbish to boost your post count, you will simply be banned. Many of our rules are in place to stop leeches and spammers, you will need to settle in and then become a part of the community, COMMUNITY first and resource second.
    This is the last attempt to communicate to you what most others seem to understand just from reading their Welcome message and posts from staff (see the post from Mickey above)
    I think I now understand why you didn't see that "ant sections" was a typo on my part (should have been 'any') as you are looking for Aerial/Antenna related posts, the fact is you don't have enough posts, if you join in and become a contributing member it will be worth your while, if you can't be arsed? fine. . .we'll manage!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Well worth your while to take the advice and sticking around mate. You won't find a more friendly and helpful bunch of people anywhere else on the net. It's the rules and the ever vigilant staff that helps to keep it the friendly and helpful community that it is. (">

Thanks to BigBird

blaggard (29th April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Well worth your while to take the advice and sticking around mate. You won't find a more friendly and helpful bunch of people anywhere else on the net. It's the rules and the ever vigilant staff that helps to keep it the friendly and helpful community that it is. (">
    Apart from you you caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!

Thanks
    Karma Level

You beat me to it.....

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

That a typo?
    I think you needed the one between Y & I.

Thanks to DejaVu

blaggard (29th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

You haven't made enough posts. . .CLARIFICATION: enough USEFUL and apposite posts, please don't take this as an invite to post loads of rubbish to boost your post count, you will simply be banned. Many of our rules are in place to stop leeches and spammers, you will need to settle in and then become a part of the community, COMMUNITY first and resource second.
    This is the last attempt to communicate to you what most others seem to understand just from reading their Welcome message and posts from staff (see the post from Mickey above)
    I think I now understand why you didn't see that "ant sections" was a typo on my part (should have been 'any') as you are looking for Aerial/Antenna related posts, the fact is you don't have enough posts, if you join in and become a contributing member it will be worth your while, if you can't be arsed? fine. . .we'll manage!!
    See what you're saying but how do I build up useful posts if I cant post?

For what it's worth I do have a fair bit of experience in Satellite and Aerial installation and troubleshooting and have helpful and relevant things to add and to help other members out. I have tried again to find the forum rules that you have referred to but can't - If i click on "Forum Rules" at the bottom right of this page there isn't anything remotely like what your post suggests.

bottom line is we are all here for the same reason, to educate one another? just seems like it's difficult to help

Thanks to connormill

Ashley (1st May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

If you read your initial Private Message when you signed up (and abide by it) then you will fit in well !!!!

Lots of good info on here causes a lot of leeching hence the caution but if that's not you then enjoy the forum that is DF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by connormill View Post
    See what you're saying but how do I build up useful posts if I cant post?

For what it's worth I do have a fair bit of experience in Satellite and Aerial installation and troubleshooting and have helpful and relevant things to add and to help other members out. I have tried again to find the forum rules that you have referred to but can't - If i click on "Forum Rules" at the bottom right of this page there isn't anything remotely like what your post suggests.

bottom line is we are all here for the same reason, to educate one another? just seems like it's difficult to help
    There is an initial daily limit, be patient and you'll be fine.

Social Networking Bookmarks