Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Suarez - We Are All Monkeys

The thrower of the banana has being arrested.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27222240

Spanish police arrest Dani Alves banana thrower suspect

Dani Alves told the BBC that Sunday's racist insult was not an isolated case

Spanish police say they have arrested a spectator suspected of throwing a banana at Barcelona's Brazilian footballer Dani Alves last weekend.

The racist incident took place as the player was about to take a corner in a match at Villarreal on Sunday.

Alves responded by peeling and eating the banana - which received praise worldwide and sparked a large social media campaign against racism.

The man detained has been identified as a 26-year-old Villarreal supporter.

He has been named as David Campaya Lleo, local media say.

The club said earlier the man involved had had his season ticket withdrawn and been given a lifetime ban.

The Barcelona defender expressed his surprise at the outpouring of support in the wake of the banana affair. His team eventually won the match 3-2, at Villareal's El Madrigal stadium in Castellon on Spain's east coast.

Alves told BBC Brasil on Wednesday it was "not an isolated incident", and that he had been denouncing racist insults for six years.

"I hope that this (campaign) can be an alert to ban this kind of attitude from football altogether. I hope the debate about racial prejudice will not fade away, but stays on permanently and not be restricted only to football," he added.

Lifetime ban
    Reports suggest the suspect in detention may have had links to one of the Villarreal's youth teams, although the team has not commented on this.

In a statement earlier this week, Villarreal said the club "deeply regrets and condemns the incident".

The Italian premier (left) and national football coach share a moment of solidarity with Dani Alves

In earlier comments to Brazil's Radio Globo, Alves said he wanted the opposition fan who threw the banana to be publicly shamed.
    He also criticised Spain for its approach to racism, saying: "They sell the country as being first world but in certain things they are very backward."
    The hashtag "we are all monkeys" took Twitter by storm after fellow Brazilian footballer Neymar tweeted a photo of himself smiling on Instagram with a banana, side by side with his toddler son.

Professional footballers, celebrities and ordinary people alike have since posted photos of themselves, banana in hand, on social media.
    Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi became the latest public figure to join the campaign when he posed for reporters, sharing a banana with Italian football coach Cesare Prandelli.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

What is the Italian Prime Minister doing ffs! All we need now is Barack Obama to do the same to make this a bigger mockery than what it already is.

Oh hang on... he cannot because the Yanks have their own Race Drama at the moment with the LA Clippers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the picture of the Italian PM in the above article was Nick Griffin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    Fwiw, I hated what Mourinho did. I think the man is an utter cunt of the highest order.

They really really do need them to win their match against City.

I do however think his tag of #weareallmonkeys was probably a little silly.
    Yep Moureen is a total hypocrite, I don't think his tactics were any good against Liverpool as if Gerrard didn't slip and gift them that chance it would probably been a draw that Liverpool needed.

Just need Everton to draw against Man City ;-)

#weareallmonkeys wasn't started by Saurez

Thanks to akimba

dpSparhawk (30th April 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Would of been better if he shoved it up his arse!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    Fwiw, I hated what Mourinho did. I think the man is an utter cunt of the highest order.
    Winning a football game makes him a cunt?

This is why I hate scousers. It's their belief of entitlement and their hypocrisy. I fucking hate City and Chelsea too. But.... Anyone but Liverpool...! I've been hating them since the 80s (because I was a jealous wanker) and never stopped.

I do like Brendan Rodgers though.

As for Suarez. At the time I believed Evra... But now I've stopped giving a fuck.

Thanks to Geko

BigBrand (2nd May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    That's nothing, all week I've had to deal with bitter Liverpool fans saying Chelsea parked the bus. Let it go scousers, we played a tatic of 10 men behind the ball and it worked, Liverpool played a tatic of 9 men infront of the ball and it didn't work #Weareallbusdrivers
    Least said the better ey lol. #championsleagueyourhavingalaugh.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Geko View Post
    Winning a football game makes him a cunt?

This is why I hate scousers. It's their belief of entitlement and their hypocrisy. I fucking hate City and Chelsea too. But.... Anyone but Liverpool...! I've been hating them since the 80s (because I was a jealous wanker) and never stopped.

I do like Brendan Rodgers though.

As for Suarez. At the time I believed Evra... But now I've stopped giving a fuck.
    No he's always been a cunt, The way he has carried on lately should be an embarrassment to his club and their owner. As for you not liking scousers, well i must say im gutted.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have nothing against Suarez, I think he is by far the best player in the league, and I have no real interest in accusations of racism. I was merely pointing out what BigBrand was getting at as everyone seemed to miss it. So shut yer fuckin trap, and worry less about what people actually think about your precious man-crush.

Mourinho is not yet a tactical genius. He's phenomenal in big games, parking the bus and getting lucky breaks. Didn't work out so well for him tonight, huh? But what about all the slip ups to lower teams that Chelsea should be wiping the floor with. Very much looking forward to seeing Rodgers in Europe next season as what he's done with Liverpool is outstanding! Still haven't decided if I'd rather City or Liverpool take the title though, bastards!

Oh, and the #WeAreAllMonkeys thing. I believe Neymar started that, in Portuguese most likely. So I'd drop that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Moureen was Out Bused last night, Simeone with his piss take touchline run when they scored the 3rd hehe ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

This 'campaign' is 7 years out of date...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJM4EBuL82o

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
    No he's always been a cunt, The way he has carried on lately should be an embarrassment to his club and their owner. As for you not liking scousers, well i must say im gutted.
    He has always been a cunt. A successful one. Has he ever given away a 3 goal lead?

Thanks
    Karma Level

He has always been a cunt. A successful one. Has he ever given away a 3 goal lead?
    And your point is? Successful or not he's an egotistical cunt and always has been, Do you think he would be successful at a club the like's of West Ham? Has he gave away a 3 goal lead? I wouldn't know or care a fuck! what i do know his team, who on paper are a far better team than us, lost out on the chance of a european cup final through playing negative and unattractive football and if you don't believe me ask Eden Hazard.

Thanks
    Karma Level

And your point is? Successful or not he's an egotistical cunt and always has been, Do you think he would be successful at a club the like's of West Ham? Has he gave away a 3 goal lead? I wouldn't know or care a fuck! what i do know his team, who on paper are a far better team than us, lost out on the chance of a european cup final through playing negative and unattractive football and if you don't believe me ask Eden Hazard.

Sorry, mate. Couldn't give a fuck. Not a Chelsea fan or a Mourinho fan. I'm just here to hate on and fish for scousers. Seems to be working.

I watched the Liverpool, Palace game in Morocco with some Evertonians. Was a wondrous night. We both hated Liverpool for the same reason. Cockney Reds.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry, mate. Couldn't give a fuck. Not a Chelsea fan or a Mourinho fan. I'm just here to hate on and fish for scousers. Seems to be working.

I watched the Liverpool, Palace game in Morocco with some Evertonians. Was a wondrous night. We both hated Liverpool for the same reason. Cockney Reds.
    Ha ha so you hate scousers cos of cockneys? doh lol, where were your evertonian mates from by the way?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

God forbid but i agree with jacko, i would hate moureen to win anything with his anti football team.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ha ha so you hate scousers cos of cockneys? doh lol, where were your evertonian mates from by the way?
    The logic is good, lol. I hate them because the glory boy Londoners rubbed their success in my face when I went to school in the late 80s.

I don't actually know where they were from. We had an affinity because of football. The Palace game was an entertaining game of football. Up there with some of the best I have watched. The after show from Suarez was pretty good too. If anyone should have been crying it should have been Gerrard. The mercenary that is Suarez will win championships at some point.

Thanks
    Karma Level

'Unattractive anti-football'. Jesus, you lot have one decent season in 20 and all of a sudden your horses are wearing stilts! Gimme me a break.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hello everyone. First of all I wanted to thank all the fans for supporting me this year, especially the RED FANS. We did everything we could until the last game but the important thing this year was that Liverpool came back in the Champions League!!! Me and my family want to thank you for living unique moments this year. The work done by my teammates and the entire staff of Liverpool has been incredible and I hope everyone enjoyed this year... Thanks again. YNWA!!!!!!!!

From Suarez's twitter using twitlonger
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s1neec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12