Close

Thread: InterGraph

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help InterGraph

Anyone know much about these I am sure some of you have with your oil/offshore backgrounds, I have been offered an interview for a senior dev role but seems a bit of an Americanised corporation and I don't know if I can go back to that sort of environment.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: InterGraph

I do not know much about them, but I work for a huge American software company.
    Certainly in my office it is not a problem. We follow their rules of course, but the working practice is no different to any other companies I have worked for.
    To be honest, they are very staff and team building friendly...

Problems I have had in the past have been with Israeli software companies, which was my last role. They are not staff friendly..

All you can do is speak to them and see how it goes and how you feel.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I have work for a large American company before and they certainly look after employees with great benefits but I just am not sure if I could work for such a large scale company again, its either something like that or freelancing tho ;-)

As you say it doesn't hurt to rock up and have a look tho ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am on the cusp of joining a company again that I was with for 7 years. I left 3 years ago for political reasons which they have now ironed out.
    It is a struggling company and to be honest always will, but it is a small group of folk still in 'startup' mode and you do have an impact on day to day business.

Compare that to where I am now, spending 99% of my day on DF yet still doing more than my share of work here.. I hate that! I want to be busy and I want to be involved in the decision making etc..

That is the compromise.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    I am on the cusp of joining a company again that I was with for 7 years. I left 3 years ago for political reasons which they have now ironed out.
    It is a struggling company and to be honest always will, but it is a small group of folk still in 'startup' mode and you do have an impact on day to day business.

Compare that to where I am now, spending 99% of my day on DF yet still doing more than my share of work here.. I hate that! I want to be busy and I want to be involved in the decision making etc..

That is the compromise.
    Yeah exactly my point about such large companies, where as my current job I am the only developer which is good but means I get loaded with work from crazy 10 minute ideas to 6 month projects and it is impossible to balance.

Social Networking Bookmarks