From what I have read most of us will have some form of OCD at some point in our lives.

between the age of around 13 to 16 I had a problem with odd numbers. If I entered a room and switched the light on I would switch it off and then on again. That way I had switched the light on two times instead of one time. I used to do loads of other things twice or four times or six or eight. Whatever it was I would always round it up to the next even number. Even when blinking my eyes I would make a point of blinking twice. Must have looked pretty odd to people. This led to excessive blinking for a short period. You sometimes see excessive blinking with someone. Well that's how it started with me but it only lasted for a few weeks thankfully. Got myself out of the habit with everything having to be even numbers by consciously pushing myself to do things only once or an odd number of times.

A small part of this remains though. If I drink a glass of water I refill the glass and drink a second glass of water. I seem to do it out of habit. I don't do it with much else these days. I could stop but haven't really thought about it until now.

I met a few of my cousins in McDonald's the other day and we started talking about OCD because one of my cousins sons has quite a few OCD issues that affect his life. Another cousin of mine who is a very intelligent engineer and big rugby player in his time told me that when he is driving he has to blink as he passes every lamp post along the road. That shocked me because I always thought he was one of the most level headed and intelligent people I know and couldn't imaging him having any form of OCD let alone one affecting him that much .

So, Whats your OCD?

And before Macmilm or Goldie pipe up: NO! It isn't just my family and it is feck all to do with interbreeding. Most people have it to some degree. (">