Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Stabbed Teacher in Leeds - Posts by student..

Not sure how legit although it does seem he is a student who was actually there at the time so thought it was best for Dog n Duck:

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273109 Obviously as it's taken from the David Icke forum it has a certain element of OTT bullshit

But the student has posted pics (not of the crime scene) to verify his story sort of.... interesting read anyway I thought.

Either way a tragic crime. RIP

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Stabbed Teacher in Leeds - Posts by student..

David Icke may have a valid point on many things (there is a lot more goes on that we are kept in the dark about) but some of the things he comes up with have lost him much of his credibility and many people don't take much notice anymore.

I think that some young people see violent games as being some reflection of reality. They sit in their bedrooms day after day playing those games and are somehow brainwashed. They also eat in their rooms so never spend time with their parents at the dinner table where they can experience their parent's conversations of what life is really about. That's assuming their parents are sober enough to cook and aren't pie-eyed on cheap alcohol easily available in the supermarket down the road 24 hours a day.

I dread to think what this world would be like in 100 years time when all the people who learn't about life at the dinner table and spending time with their parents have shuffled off the planet. (">

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm not sure I agree with most of that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post

I think that some young people ...... They sit in their bedrooms day after day playing those games and are somehow brainwashed. They also eat in their rooms so never spend time with their parents at the dinner table.....That's assuming their parents are sober enough to cook and aren't pie-eyed on cheap alcohol...

I dread to think what this world would be like in 100 years time when all the people who learn't about life at the dinner table and spending time with their parents have shuffled off the planet. (">
    They'll still exist you know? And no reason whatsoever why they won't continue to!

I think you addressed your last point in your first (i.e. some)

As long as there are those that don't adhere to the lower levels of dragging your kids up - and let's face it, you or I and/or our circle of friends (probably) don't fall under this category - then I think we're going to be OK.
    Yes, I know plenty that are pretty shit parents with 5 yr old kids glued to iPad's and McDonalds, but I'm certainly not and my kids have never been like this and never will, and I can pretty much say the same thing for all my family and friends. Our family table is the hub of the household.
    Nothing to suggest that this hasn't always been or will always continue to be? We're all not suddenly going to shuffle off the planet or be replaced by aforementioned pie-eyed parents!

Thanks to Zoots

BigBird (1st May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Do agree that Icke has lost all of his credibility which is a shame as the valid points he makes are largely ignored now !!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with most of that.

They'll still exist you know? And no reason whatsoever why they won't continue to!

I think you addressed your last point in your first (i.e. some)

As long as there are those that don't adhere to the lower levels of dragging your kids up - and let's face it, you or I and/or our circle of friends (probably) don't fall under this category - then I think we're going to be OK.
    Yes, I know plenty that are pretty shit parents with 5 yr old kids glued to iPad's and McDonalds, but I'm certainly not and my kids have never been like this and never will, and I can pretty much say the same thing for all my family and friends. Our family table is the hub of the household.
    Nothing to suggest that this hasn't always been or will always continue to be? We're all not suddenly going to shuffle off the planet or be replaced by aforementioned pie-eyed parents!
    I suppose I am looking at a worst case scenario.

There are still plenty of parents and grandparent around now that were brought up to sit at the dinner table or communicate with their parents. Some teenagers still do but there is an increasing number that don't spend much time, if any at all, talking with their parents. In the past parents could insist on them sitting at the table but these days that could be seen by some as abuse and over controlling. Even the best parent in the world are finding that they have less influence on their childs upbringing. Some kids get picked on if they go shopping with their parents once they become teenagers because it's not cool to spend time with your parents.

It may be a very gradual decline but at some point in the future this may become a big problem. If the closest thing they get to human interaction is killing people in a video game then I believe that will have an influence on what is acceptable behavior and what is not. Video games are fine if balanced with a good understanding of real life, which is normally learnt by interacting with parents, grandparents and the family group. That's how all other mammals learn. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was at school the day Nikki Conroy got stabbed http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-1432288.html

That was 20 years ago, I was in a class in a building opposite and saw the tussle with the Teachers unaware of what was going on.
    Was tragic and upsetting and it certainly affected some from my year (final year) who had exams (using as an excuse??).

The girl was going out with (Northern for 'Dating') one of my best mates cousins at the time, but kids and going out with someone is hardly an emotional attachment. He probably had a new girlfriend the week after.

That aside, what is next? Guns, explosives.... As laws get tougher on the protection of children rather than discipline, this is only going to get worse.

If you do read the story, Emma Winter is Geoff Winter (The referee's) Daughter. She is a good friends with The soon to be ex-Wife and tries to get on with life as normal as she can really.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks to Goldberg

BigBird (1st May 2014)