Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News 'Many dead' in Ukraine offensive

'Many dead' in Ukraine offensive

Many pro-Russia rebels have been killed, injured and arrested in the Ukrainian government offensive in the eastern city of Sloviansk, interim president Oleksandr Turchynov has said.
    But, in a statement, he said the operation in the rebel-held city was not going as quickly as hoped.
    Earlier, rebels shot down two Ukrainian army helicopters, killing a pilot and a serviceman.
    Russia has called for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27259614
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 'Many dead' in Ukraine offensive

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Russia has called for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council.
    I thought they said they were going straight in if any pro-Russia rebels got killed. That have obviously now realised that once they go in there is no going back and the consequences could be dire for all sides. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    I thought they said they were going straight in if any pro-Russia rebels got killed. That have obviously now realised that once they go in there is no going back and the consequences could be dire. (">
    Fuck all that just fill your car up before the prices shoot up.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

3 Thanks given to 4me2

AD (2nd May 2014),  BigBird (2nd May 2014),  greens117 (3rd May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

This thing is completely screwed. Putin saying he is not backing but is. This shows how much of an ass he is. He is introducing the cold war again. As a former military person he is better of in a military state. The control freak. This Ukraine conflict is helping him in such a way that indeed prices of petrol go up. But not only that. It will also cause an increase in government military spending that will cost the taxpayer a lot of money to cover this. Not only in the UK but throughout Europe. I guess you British had the most common sense to not being pestered into the Euro. Something we regret in the Netherlands. This Ukraine incident and the European strategy is a pain in the ass for a lot of people but as in the Ukraine it is no fighting against it. The European "government" is the European equivalent to Putin. With the difference that they are NOT elected. Guess in that way you are better of in Ukraine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Us corporate investment doesn't have anything to do with it??? As far as know, on November 5, 2013, Chevron signed a 50-year lease to develop Ukraine’s shale gas reserves. All looks a like another Iraq to me. Hopefully I am wrong but the Us and Britain seem to like being the worlds police and all they do in the end is create utter chaos, pain and resentment (including the making possible terrorists ) for all the poor people they try to save.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What's going on with this world total madness.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    What's going on with this world total madness.
    Too many of us. . . . just Nature rebalancing. . .
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by billynoguts View Post
    Us corporate investment doesn't have anything to do with it??? As far as know, on November 5, 2013, Chevron signed a 50-year lease to develop Ukraine’s shale gas reserves. All looks a like another Iraq to me. Hopefully I am wrong but the Us and Britain seem to like being the worlds police and all they do in the end is create utter chaos, pain and resentment (including the making possible terrorists ) for all the poor people they try to save.
    I think you'll find that Ukraine is looking at getting away from being held to ransom from Russian gas.
    In reality much of Europe especially Germany gets it's gas from Russia whose pipelines run through the Ukraine.

The Ukraine should demand free gas otherwise shut off the pipes.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    The Ukraine should demand free gas otherwise shut off the pipes.
    I would join NATO first before you try and pull a caper like that
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

An interesting take on it by John Pilger. In Ukraine, the US is dragging us towards war with Russia

Yet another view of what is happening in Ukraine is that world war 2 continues
    Last edited by elephantsoup; 28th May 2014 at 01:14 AM. Reason: added more info

Thanks to elephantsoup

billynoguts (29th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think it's fare to say this is all Putin. There's shit going on that we'll never know about, secret agendas and master plans. It's a game of chess between the super-powers. Don't be brainwashed by Western Media, there is very little independent free press these days. You read what they want you to read. They make you believe what they want you to believe. I bet most fuckers still think Iran is a barren desert where people live in mud huts for example.

I severely doubt any foreign government (UK included) gives a flying fuck about the people of Ukraine. They're all just seeing how they can take advantage of the situation, see below....

Son of U.S. Vice President Biden Joins Ukraine Gas Company

• The Moscow Times
    • May. 13 2014 18:49
    • Last edited 18:49

Joe Hunter / Twitter
    Joe Hunter (R) standing alongside his father, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden (L) and Republican lawmaker John McCain (C).
    The youngest son of U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, has been appointed head of legal affairs at Ukraine's largest private gas producer — a move he said would benefit Ukrainians and the country's economy.
    In a statement published Monday on its website, Burisma Holdings announced Hunter Biden would join its board of directors and head the company's legal unit.
    "As a new member of the board, I believe that my assistance in consulting the company on matters of transparency, corporate governance and responsibility, international expansion and other priorities will contribute to the economy and benefit the people of Ukraine," Hunter Biden said in the statement.
    Burisma owns several Ukrainian oil and gas companies, including Esko Pivnich and Pari, Lenta.ru reported Tuesday. The company also has assets in Ukraine's Dnepr-Donetsk, the Carpathian and the Azov-Kuvan basins.
    Burisma produced 11,600 barrels of oil equivalent, or boe, in 2013 and was planning to increase its production in Ukraine by 35-40 percent in 2014, U.S. financier and member of the board of directors Devon Archer told newspaper Capital in late April.
    Hunter's father, as U.S. Vice President, has repeatedly rebuked Russia for its reported involvement in Ukraine and has pledged to support efforts to reduce its dependency on Russian energy.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/busine...ny/500062.html

2 Thanks given to cyprus

billynoguts (29th May 2014),  GTI (28th May 2014)