Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Gary Barlows Tax avoidance!

Am I the only person who thinks Barlow et all should go to jail for their so called "Tax avoidance" Scheme? If you avoid paying tax by doing some sort of scheme to benefit you is that not Tax Evasion? Why is it they class it different for those with money yet the working man is sent to prison for lesser crimes? The court said they should pay back multi millions so that proves they did something wrong and have been found out or why would they have to pay it back? If that was us lot we would be banged up and called a criminal!

Look at the Bernie Ecclestone case, you are talking serious amounts of money yet he only has to pay a smidgen back about £10m instead of £1.2 BILLION! WTF like! Yet again no mention of sending the tw@ to jail!
    After nine years of investigation, UK tax authorities have struck a deal with Formula 1 boss Bernie Eccleston in which the latter dodged a £1.2 billion tax bill and instead shelled out just £10 million. - See more at: http://www.timetalk.co.uk/i-ll-give-you-10m-instead-formula-1-mogul-bernie-eccleston-dodges-1-2-billion-tax-bill-a13913.html

ancojo
    Last edited by BertRoot; 12th May 2014 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Gary Barlows Tax avoidance!

echo echo
    Only in Britain….do we use the word “politics” to describe the process of Government. “Poli” in Latin meaning “many” and “tics” meaning “bloodsucking
    creatures”

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pilloried Jimmy Carr but maybe he didn't do enough for the Tories. It's a fucking joke.

Thanks to BertRoot

ancojo (12th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know sorry, I clicked paste and nothing happened so I done it again and yet again only to realise that it had pasted after I had posted! If one of the MODs can edit it for me please and delete this post as I wasn't going to reply at first!

I'm just a bit scared about my post count, I have read quite a few good threads but feel a bit nervous responding to them due to the post count issue, I wouldn't mind if they raised mine to a higher level or even disabled me seeing links as I am not that interested clicking them.

ancojo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't worry sailor.

Thanks to BertRoot

ancojo (12th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks BertRoot and you make a very good point, its defo one rule for them and another rule that suits them for everyone else! The more money you have the more you can get away with, trying to defend him just because he's done good for charity etc doesn't give him the right to be tret different from anyone else or so you would think but OH NO the are tret different and it sessip me off!

What Cameron is basically saying is that Saville and the rest should be let off as they have done charitable things over the years and aslong as you donate enough to their corrupt parties you can get away with things without feeling the full force of the law!

"We're all in it together" Yeah ok DC now go think some more rules to punish those who don't have to benefit those who do!

ancojo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cunts of the highest order.

If you are a cabbie or painter and decorator they will throw the full weight at you. When I failed to disclose selling some shares and not paying the correct capital gains, they took it from source. One rule for the people, one for the rich and famous.

Thanks to Geko

ancojo (12th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tax avoidance is generally the legal exploitation of tax laws and regulation, tax evasion is usually taxpayers deliberately misrepresenting or concealing the true state of their affairs to the tax authorities by illegal means.

I am not sure how it stands when the 'scheme' is judged to be a scam as it seems to me that would then fall into tax evasion but they seem to be saying Barlow has done nothing illegal, the laws and loopholes on tax are deliberately grey as the people who decide them don't actually want to be caught out by them themselves or have friends or family caught out.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

ancojo (12th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Everyone knows these legal schemes are just a way round them getting away with it, Barlow knew exactly what the score was and as BaldBouncer mentions the rules are set up so if they are caught out they don't suffer like the rest if us do BUT the funny thing is, why do they have to repay any money if there was nothing illegal about it, having to pay anything back surely proves they done something wrong and I'm sure the law states that its not the fault of the accountant but the person who's money it is so Barlow commited an offense did he not?

Dont get me wrong I dont actually mind Barlow I just hate the way, due to him being who is, allows him to get away with something we wouldn't, we would be sent to jail!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Barlow sits there and does his own taxes?

He hires someone who utilises loop holes around laws that may have been written by the person advising through them.

Joe Bloggs gets raked over the coals.

Barlow and Carr make headlines.

Goldmann Sachs takes us to the cleaners for numbers that would choke a field of donkeys.

Thanks to Chubbs

ancojo (12th May 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    the laws and loopholes on tax are deliberately grey as the people who decide them don't actually want to be caught out by them themselves or have friends or family caught out.
    I believe that statement is spot on. The government have known about the grey area for long enough to have done something about it by now, but it's not in their interests to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if the loopholes were deliberately put there in the first place to benefit 'friends' of the government. When a 'friend' gets found out the government have to make us believe that they disapprove even though they knew about it all along. Gary Barlow and DC have probably been having a laugh about it together for years. (">

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have said it many times before they all keep banging on about how they are trying but it's just a smoke screen, they use the "primary purpose" in several laws so all they have to do is introduce that as it cuts out nearly all the loopholes firms can use/abuse. If the primary purpose of a scheme is deemed to be the avoidance of tax then it is illegal simple, no fucking about, no quoting from the 17,000 page tax legislation as it's irrelevant if the primary purpose is deemed to be tax avoidance.

You think these cunts don't know this or haven't thought about it but they have and it's a prime example of how self serving they are and just pay lip service to stopping avoidance or jump on the people lower down the ladder to make out they are doing something but it's bollox, a smoke screen, as Chubbs points out there are far more above these avoiding billions in taxes each year or arguing with the inland revenue for years until they do an under the table deal for a tenth of what they are due to pay.

I get the argument that Barlow won't do his own taxes but he will have been fully aware he was getting involved in avoidance as are all the others, you see them push through changes to stamp on the poor and low paid and by they I do mean Tories, Lib Dems and Labour none of them have clean hands as this is not a new thing they have all been banging on about tax avoidance for decades yet none of them will ever stop it because they are part of it.

Thanks to Bald Bouncer

BigBird (13th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ancojo View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks Barlow et all should go to jail for their so called "Tax avoidance" Scheme?
    Personally I think his discography is a far bigger crime!

Thanks
    Karma Level

The cunt should never have been given an OBE.

Robbie Williams is the real British talent.

The whole Olympics shit was just that, a whole pile of cack, just look at McCartney's woeful performance it was painful to the ears.

Some corrupt cunt thought Barlow should be the next McCartney.

In this day and age an OBE is usually associated with historic sex crimes.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks to 4me2

macmilm (17th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

Beckham has been doing it for years too.

They all do. They have expert financial advisers. What would be delightful is if they all got raped by HMRC.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't understand the disdain. I would do the same given half a chance. This forum is built and propagated with rule benders.. Many on here make it a hobby to try and circumvent the rules for personal gain.. and some may even dabble in areas that could be defined as illegal..

Because you only steal an xbox game or tv subscription or steal a film... are you really better than Barlow.. Perhaps in the spirit of this forum we should applaud these guys for their attempt to beat the system!

Thanks to Ginnerfreak

super mike (19th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ginnerfreak View Post
    I don't understand the disdain. I would do the same given half a chance. This forum is built and propagated with rule benders.. Many on here make it a hobby to try and circumvent the rules for personal gain.. and some may even dabble in areas that could be defined as illegal..

Because you only steal an xbox game or tv subscription or steal a film... are you really better than Barlow.. Perhaps in the spirit of this forum we should applaud these guys for their attempt to beat the system!

It's not beating "the system", in my opinion. It's greed. If you were a multi-millionaire would you still "steal an xbox game, a tv subscription or a film"? I think I'd happily live of 150k a week and pay 150k a week in tax. *Wayne Rooney*

Thanks
    Karma Level

The point is he got found out though yet he doesnt face prison as the rules in place allow them to do it and if caught dont face a prison sentence! How does that work? I still dont understand why when he has to pay the money back he doesnt face prison, If hes done nothing wrong in avoiding paying the tax he shouldnt have to pay it back as it was legal but because he does have to pay it back surely it means it was illegal?

Oh and if you were caught stealing an Xbox and they found out you were also avoiding paying tax on some foreigners/jobs you had done that amounted to a lets say £20,000 you can bet you butt you would be in deep shit with a possible prison sentence coming your way yet these lot get away with multimillions in so called avoidance schemes! Double standards.

ancojo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Avoidance - legal. Evasion - illegal.

I understand your point on being made to pay back the money and personally think it sets a dangerous precedent that something can be seen as 'illegal' and punishable because of rule changes after the fact.
    But if you want to stop tax avoidance then you also need to draw an end to ISAs, pension schemes etc. Whilst the sums of money may be vastly different the basic principle is the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast