Need some help with a baked on bug problem.
Had some small flies land on the car a couple of weeks ago at work and didn't pay much attention to them, just decided they would come off as usual after a good clean..... Got it jet washed as usual and the remains of the flies have stuck to the car, I mean stuck. They look like little blobs of dried glue all over the roof.....
So far I have tried....
1. Another wash leaving on the soap for 10 mins then jetting off. No good
2. WD40 and a soft rag. No good.
3. Neat car shampoo leave for 10 mins. No good
4. Damp tumble drier sheet. Takes off the "raised" textured part of the fly eventually but leaves a mark.
5. Auto glym bug remover. Eventually removes some of the fly
6. Wet towel laid over the bugs then wipe off. No good
7. Isopropyl alcohol. Eventually removes some of the fly
Need some recommendation for what else to try to get this dead stuff off the car.....
Don't really want to resort to a scouring pad or an angle grinder but this stuff just won't shift..... I have seen a lot of people say a clay bar kit takes all the muck off but I can't see it working as this stuff is like hardened glue....
Some say coke might work but could damage the paint.
So any good advice