Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tech Just some greetings, I guess :)

I've been looking all over the internet (or as far as I can get on it from Google, anyway) how to get into my internet cable modem/router and change my LAN IP since the option seems to be blocked by my ISP but they won't accept they did block it or give any reasons as to why every time I go into the GUI of the device, LAN Setup, change the IP and hit Apply it simply comes back to the default value. Since I have not found the answer, I was thinking of posting the question in a big forum where I may find someone to help me and here I am. No further details on that since this is not the sub-forum I think will take the topic and that is not a very good introduction.

I'm a computer engineer (with a degree, for all who may have doubt it because of the situation up there) who loves video games, anime, manga, soccer, tennis, many digital things to enumerate; who also plays saxophone, flute, some guitar, bass, keyboards and drums; and that finally hopes Costa Rica gets somewhere in the upcoming FIFA Soccer World Cup (that may also mean I'm a daydreamer). Anyway, I guess that's about it for now.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Just some greetings, I guess :)

Welcome to Digital Forums. Forum etiquette is quite high on the list here, like in real life you treat others with respect and you equally get it back. Contributing to the threads with good constructive posts gets you noticed for all the good reasons. with time your post count will go up and you will have full use of the forum. This has been put in place to stop Spammers,Leechers and generally 1 post users that want something for nothing, they try and get it and go.

Digital forums has been going years and has a large fan base. some actually pay for the privilege and they get bonuses over non sub people. With time you will build up friends and likewise you will be seen here as someone that can contribute to the DF Community.
    Enjoy your stay

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hmmmm, these many rules may make it difficult for me. It's not that I don't like sharing what little I may know with others if it can help; it's just that I don't post much anywhere, no matter how interested I may become on any given site (not even on Facebook in this Facebook golden age!). Well, let's see what happens, if I can make it a stay (very unlikely, I hate stupid posts, or anything on that line). I don't even seem to find easily any thread I can contribute anything at all. Well, I'll keep on browsing recent threads, try to add some value somewhere and complain only once with this one post (had to vent, but I won't make it a fuss) here in my initial thread about me and nobody else.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Welcome to the forum mate. If you're not sure which thread you can contribute to, allow me to point you in the right direction 😇

http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=348215

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks to cyprus

Mobileman (26th May 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Just some greetings, I guess :)

Welcome waterbender hope you enjoy your stay, loads of subjects so sure you will find something 👍