Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Vodafone price rises could push UK bills up 10%

Vodafone price rises could push UK bills up 10%

Vodafone has said that customers can leave their contracts without charge should they wish

Mobile operator Vodafone has announced price increases that could add 10% to monthly bills.

The amount charged on usage beyond a customer's allowance will rise, but contracts themselves will not change.
    Vodafone will estimate how much bills will rise based on a three month profile of each customer's bill.

It will then warn customers if their bills are to rise above 10% and give them the right to leave the contract without charge.
    But the company says if they wish to do so, they must write to Vodafone before prices are raised on 28 June.

The move comes as Vodafone announced reduced European roaming prices.
    Vodafone said to affected customers in a statement on its website:"We really hope you decide to stay with us, but as these changes have increased your monthly bill by more than 10%, you can end your agreement without charge,"
    A standard UK call outside a contract allowance will increase by 5p per minute to 45p, but the cost of a European call will fall by just under 6p per minute to 18.7p.
    Calls to certain 118 directory enquiry numbers will rise to £5 from current call charges of £2.25 to £3.75.
    The affected numbers are: 118 500, 118 404, 118 247, and 118 212.
    "The vast majority of our contract customers without an unlimited call and text plan already stay within their agreed bundles and won't see any difference from the changes we're making to the out of bundle charges," the company said.
    "For those who do use more than their agreed monthly allowance, we already have a number of 'extras' available to them to help keep their costs down," it added.
    However Ernest Doku from the price comparison website Uswitch said that its research showed that "almost a quarter of Brits regularly exceed their data allowances, paying an extra £91.20 per year on extra mobile data alone."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27523813

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Vodafone price rises could push UK bills up 10%

Changes to our pricing

This page applies only to people who received a text from us directing them here. You have the right to cancel only if you received such a message directly from us.

From 28 June 2014 we’ll be making some changes to our pricing. These changes will happen automatically so you won’t need to do anything. Please read this page for details on what these changes are and how they’ll affect you.

We really hope you decide to stay with us, but as these changes have increased your monthly bill by more than 10%, you can end your agreement without charge. If you decide to do this, please write to us before 28 June 2014 at Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.

Changes to roaming charges in EU-regulated countries

From 1 July 2014 you can use your phone in Europe for less because we’re reducing the rates you’ll pay to make calls, send texts and use data. So you can keep in touch with home and worry less about costs when using your phone abroad.

Our new standard rates will apply from 1 July 2014:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/...-default-78888

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

hmmm im on vodafone red but with a 20% discount and 5s until July 2015 , could go to £20 giff gaff and still save about £300

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

That is a large price increase. What if you just got a voda contract say a month and a new shiny phone from them.
    could you simply end the contract as they have changed the terms and conditions. They cant let some do it and not the others surely

Glad I left em when I did, not had a decent service on then on the last 6 months of my contract. They knew I was leaving them but the poor level of service and their constant lied about fixing my internet went on death ears. But anyhow had about 4 months of free time off them as they kept giving me freebies as they fcked up

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm on Voda red and did a online chat with Voda and they said they check the last 3 months bills and because mine was unlimited I did not qualify to get out of the contract.

owe well.

Thanks to Realist

4me2 (26th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    I'm on Voda red and did a online chat with Voda and they said they check the last 3 months bills and because mine was unlimited I did not qualify to get out of the contract.

owe well.
    But there price increase would affect out of allowance charges as well, would it not? which you would be charged for if you called...Like 0843, 09 numbers and 118s.
    I would assume you would qualify, Hell am going to find out more for myself, Free get out clause don't come around that often.

Thanks to leigh46137

4me2 (26th May 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    That is a large price increase. What if you just got a voda contract say a month and a new shiny phone from them.
    could you simply end the contract as they have changed the terms and conditions.

Im in this position , if I ended my contract with them would the phone also be cut off or would I still be able to use it on payt voda?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I left Vodafone in September and went to Three. With Voda my average monthly bill was over 50 quid - with Three it's 20 quid and I actually use it more due to the extra free minutes I get. Pretty bonkers really.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

How would this work though if you've only been in your contract for say 8 months? Can you walk away with the phone and have the contract cancelled to allow you to go to another sim free provider or would they expect you to pay the cost of the phone?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes as far as I understand you leave contract without penalty so keep handset etc

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mobileman View Post
    Yes as far as I understand you leave contract without penalty so keep handset etc
    I started a 24 month contract 2 months ago think i could cancel and keep my handset (S5) and get a sim free?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Best bet is just have chat with them online , check your contract if only two month old chance they might have of factored in those price increases

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

On live chat now and asked this question:

Q: Price increases..... can I cancel my contract on 0********** and any attached accounts because the price increase would affect out of allowance charges as well which would be charged for if I called...Like 0843, 09 numbers and 118s.therefore I would qualify.
    A: Thank you for your patience, I have checked your mobile number in the data base of the customer's whose bills are going to be impacted 10% or more. And I can see both your mobile numbers are not getting impacted due to the changes. Hence the contract is not eligible to be cancelled free of cost.

Q: But out of allowance calls would be effected?
    A: Yes they will be impacted if you exit your limit

Q: So therefore my contract is effected by the increase in charges.
    A:
    I do understand your concern, Brian. However the list of the impacted customers is taken out considering the usage of last 12 months from your account. Hence you have not made that usage in last 12 months due to which you would be impacted due to this change 10% or more than that.

Q: So Vodafone in affect only looked at accounts that regally go over there limits and will have a impact on such accounts but regardless if I'm currently NOT going over or using said limits the increase still has an effect on my account whereby if I decide to use/exceed limits set.
    A:
    Brian this is not the issue

Q: Its still a change of T&C by Vodafone
    A:
    If that is the case all our customers will be affected and then we will start loosing business and we wont be left with any accounts, This increase as I mentioned above is affected to the numbers only which are not using the facility since one year.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Back in the day, I remember Vodafone's network was much better than the rest so they had a good reason for being expensive.

Is this still the case?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post

Q: So therefore my contract is effected by the increase in charges.
    A:
    I do understand your concern, Brian. However the list of the impacted customers is taken out considering the usage of last 12 months from your account. Hence you have not made that usage in last 12 months due to which you would be impacted due to this change 10% or more than that.
    That sorta contradicts the three month profile that vodafone stated in 4me2's post at the top!.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep and when I first had a online chat that was stated then that it was 3 months, this 2nd chat says 12 months so I think Vodafone are using it for means I don't know what, getting rid of high users perhaps.

Thanks
    Karma Level

How can any company justify the cost of text messges? 18p for 160 characters

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I cant wait for my move to EE cracking signal my area plus cheaper than Voda full stop.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Over carl View Post
    Back in the day, I remember Vodafone's network was much better than the rest so they had a good reason for being expensive.

Is this still the case?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had a 1/2 live text chat with vodafone and got told am not effected as im not on the list as well. basically their only factoring in the set monthly fee, EG: £32 per month includes xx mins xx texts. so if set £32 per month went up then you have a right to cancel.
    My argument to them was out off allowances costs, Say if I send a MMS currently at 37p after the 28th june it will be 40p so I would be affected.
    I got pissed off at that point so looked in to Ofcom, I may have a case with this, Have a look see what you think.

taken from there site
    "
    Ofcom’s guidance
    Under Ofcom guidance which applies to contracts for fixed minimum periods starting on or after 23 January 2014, if your provider increases the regular (usually monthly) subscription price (or prices, if you agreed that different prices apply at different times)beyond what you agreed to at the point of sale, it should:
    (a) give you at least one month’s notice of any such price rise; and
    (b) allow you to exit the contract without penalty if you choose to exercise that right.

Price increases to services outside your agreed regular subscription price

The guidance does not apply to any price increases for services outside of the regular subscription price. These could include international calls, calls to Directory Enquiries or premium rate numbers where you’re charged on a call by call basis and billed each month on top of your subscription.
    However, your provider must still consider the application of Ofcom rules and general consumer law to any price increases for such services. It must give you the opportunity to leave your contract if the proposed increase is likely to be of “material detriment”.
    If it does not do this and you think that the relevant price increase(s) will have a materially detrimental impact on you because of your circumstances, you should raise this with your provider and provide evidence to support your claim."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast