Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Xbox One - Game Sharing

Been looking at some options to get digital xbox one games at a discounted rate and have come across this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comm..._game_sharing/

Essentially allowing to people to play on the same digital game at once, paired with purchase from USA store could mean AAA titles are in the 15quid mark.

My main concern is around getting banned etc - did anything similar happen on the Xbox 360?

Friend has also purchased a game from here: http://xboxonedigital.com/

Not sure on its legitimacy but he received login details for an account which had the digital game purchased

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Xbox One - Game Sharing

Quote Originally Posted by pheonixsingh View Post
    Been looking at some options to get digital xbox one games at a discounted rate and have come across this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comm..._game_sharing/

Essentially allowing to people to play on the same digital game at once, paired with purchase from USA store could mean AAA titles are in the 15quid mark.

My main concern is around getting banned etc - did anything similar happen on the Xbox 360?

Friend has also purchased a game from here: http://xboxonedigital.com/

Not sure on its legitimacy but he received login details for an account which had the digital game purchased
    Linked up with I Black Belt for the digital sharing but wouldn't touch that xboxonedigital with a shitty stick to be honest.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wouldn't really trust that site myself as well if I am honest.

Best bet is to stick to doing this with a friend and split the cost i.e. Watch Dogs would be £30 each. You can also keep an eye out on ebay for Microsoft currency going cheap. I've heard about ways to use amazon to buy the currency in dollars and download from the us but I am not sure how this works personally

Thanks
    Karma Level

How do you link up with someone to share?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by SiE View Post
    How do you link up with someone to share?
    as far as i am aware you need to have each others gamer tag on each machine and set console as the home console - gives you the ability to share games that have been purchased.

i share most content with my son who also has an xbox - gonna be a touch when the new fifa comes out as only have to buy once

Thanks to jimbo77

SiE (29th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

1 - Get your friends info and log his/hers account on your xbox
    2 - Go to settings -> My Home Xbox and set his gamertag as Home Xbox
    3 - Have your friend do the same with your account on his/hers Xbox One
    4 - Log out of that account once done and into your normal account

Now you can access any game/dlc on your home xbox that your friend will be using and the console you are currently logged in, you won't ever need to login on the friends account again just login to your normal account the only difference is the friends account is set as the home xbox and visa versa.

That's just a basic explanation there are more in depth tutorials but that is basically what you do.

5 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

bobo06 (29th May 2014),  inspectercoley (29th May 2014),  JONNYG (29th May 2014),  rmj2663 (29th May 2014),  SiE (29th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for that BB, need to do a bit of reading now just to ensure I know the in's and out's properly

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't mind sharing with anyone I was looking to buy watchdogs.

J-Tag 360 RGH 360, PS3 Super Slim, Xbox 360 Slim, WDTV Live with CFW, Vu+ Solo 2, Dreambox 500HD Connected to 1M Motorised Dish.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I've tried this with one of my mates, he had titanfall and I didn't downloaded on my xbox fine and I have played without any problems.

Its better to burn out than to fade away...............

Thanks to Hangman

Bald Bouncer (29th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

It has limitations obviously, it's only for digital downloads and although I have infinity so large downloads aren't a great problem I Black Belt has a hamster on a wheel powering his so for example if you considered Wolfeinstein it's about 44 gig digital download and would probably take I Black Belt 3-4 days to download, I have read someone saying it does not include additional content purchased such as season passes but have yet to confirm that.

The price of digital downloads can mean it's hardly worth it ie: Watchdogs £59 I think so although you get it for £30 you lose the ability to trade it in, on the plus side being a lazy bastard I find it great to switch games without the long journey and considerable work involved in changing the disk when switching games, I have also just hooked up a 1TB external drive which should mean there are no space issues or at least not for a long time.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

TBH even with my 150mb connection titanfall still took around 3 hours to download.

Thanks
    Karma Level

After reading up on it more and realising that M$ are fine with it I have decided to do it with a friend.

To further increase savings I believe it is possible to purchase games on the USA store in $ and for them to still function on UK account - anyone had any experience with this?
    (USA store + game sharing would mean the cost of a typical AAA is £18-22 depending upon how cheaply I can acquire $ gift cards) - Not bad!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

How do you purchase through the us store?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

switch your xbox to american in system settings and set up a paypal with an american address

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pheonixsingh View Post
    After reading up on it more and realising that M$ are fine with it I have decided to do it with a friend.

To further increase savings I believe it is possible to purchase games on the USA store in $ and for them to still function on UK account - anyone had any experience with this?
    (USA store + game sharing would mean the cost of a typical AAA is £18-22 depending upon how cheaply I can acquire $ gift cards) - Not bad!
    I've purchased Fifa for £21 and Trials for £11 from the US store.

First purchase some MS points from Amazon.com not Amazon.co.uk. You must have a US delivery address.

Only purchase the MS points that they email you the code, once you got the code goto xbox.com and change your region to the US then redeem the code for the points.

On your xbox change your region to the US and restart it, once logged in you will see the US store.

Purchase what you want using the points you purchased from Amazon.com.

6 Thanks given to H4ss4n

Bald Bouncer (30th May 2014),  Fear345 (30th May 2014),  JONNYG (30th May 2014),  littlebilly1 (30th May 2014),  miffy (30th May 2014),  raelmadrid (30th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

As above yes,

Theres actually 2 ways of doing it:

1. Changing xbox setting to USA and purchasing via purchased gift card.
    2. Going to USA xbox store via internet browser and purchasing via paypal.

Detailed instructions below:
    Basically what you are going to be doing is buying off the American Live store. I work for Xbox call centre and I know this is totally safe to do. And is actually the way I buy my games. The xbox and games are region free, but currency isn't. Even if you download the games this way all updates and any DLC you may want will be available from your native store OR the USA store.
    First off what you need to do is change the region your xbox is set to. (This is only temporary and can be changed back and to however many regions you like)

To do this press XBOX GUIDE BUTTON and go to SETTINGS go to SYSTEM go to LOCATION/REGION change to USA. (You do not need to change language or anything else) now RESTART your xbox.

When you restart your Xbox go to the store and have a look at the games to buy (they should all be in $ dollars) the top games are $59.99 or less.

To get games at £33
    Now what you need to do is get some Microsoft credit to buy these games. You may be able to find a site of your choice, but I use a site called Crazygametime.com (use your UK or home country details for this) they usually email you the codes within 30 minutes. If you buy a $10 and a $50 live card from these it works out at £33. (I think buying 2x $30 works out even less) if you are registering on this site, when it comes to telephone confirmation (they ring you with a code) remember to knock the first "0" off your number. And add your country code, for Britain it is "44"
    Sometimes this site is out of stock of cards, I have put a lot of customers onto them in a short amount of time. Obviously if they are out of stock that is beyond my control. They have been restocking every few days, so keep trying.

This next way to get even cheaper is a little trickier.
    To get games at anything from £20-£30
    You need to go to eBay.com not .co.uk (this is the American eBay site) and do a search for "Microsoft store credit" this is officially to buy windows apps and stuff, but it will also work on xbox live, these have time limits on them so read the descriptions, they have got to be used within a certain time. These can be bought very cheap around $17 for a $25 card. You need to contact the seller most times to ask if they will ship to uk. It's only an emailed code. This can make the games around £20 if you get them cheap enough and depending on the current exchange rate.

A link to make buying using paypal even cheaper.

http://lifehacker.com/5957808/avoid-...-little-option

Now when you have your codes go back to your xbox and say "xbox use a code" or whatever method you use for redeeming codes on your xbox. Now enter the code(s) you got sent. Make sure you do this whilst you are in the American store.

Once you have the money in your USA stores wallet, go ahead and buy a game of your choosing.

It will ask you for a billing address - Put an American address in

STATE-- Nevada

ADDRESS LINE 1-- you can use any street name I just used THE STREET

POSTAL CODE-- 89019

TELEPHONE-- 702 607 7777

When you have done this your game will download and you can play. You can change back to your own region and the game is still available.

The second guide is if you would like to pay for games straight from Microsoft using paypal. This will make the games around £38 depending on exchange rates

1. Go to http://www.commerce.microsoft.com and log in to your account.

2. Next to your profile at the top right of the screen it should say 'UK– Personal Account.' Click on it to see whether it is a drop down box where you can select 'US – Personal Account.' If you can, select it and then go to the Payment Options and then select 'Add Payment option' and follow the steps to add your PayPal account. If you don't have the drop down box with a US account option, then log out of your account and continue as follows.

3. Go to the US Xbox Store – https://store.xbox.com/en-US/

4. Select the game you want to purchase and then click on the 'Buy now for Xbox One' button. This will open a box where it will only give you the option to add a credit card. Adding a credit card will create the 'US – Personal Account' option needed in your commerce.microsoft.com account.

5. Add your UK credit card details but enter a US address*. Once you've added the card and when it prompts you to confirm payment, cancel the transaction.

*NOTE: Enter an address for a state that does not have sales tax on digital games. I used the same details that is in the guide. If you have done the other guide at all, an address should already be there.

6. Return to http://www.commerce.microsoft.com and login again and you should have the option to select 'US – Personal Account'. Follow the process as per step 2 to add your PayPal account.

7. Once PayPal is added, remove your credit card that you added in step 5.

8. Return to the US Xbox Store and you will now be able to purchase your game with your UK PayPal account.

If you would like to see the proof of Microsoft's stance on you being allowed to do this, please check this link out, they are happy for purchases to be made this way.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/16/xbox...import-stance/
    Last edited by pheonixsingh; 30th May 2014 at 04:35 PM.

2 Thanks given to pheonixsingh

Bald Bouncer (30th May 2014),  Fear345 (30th May 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can add US code to a UK gamertag?

Thanks
    Karma Level

You can, funnily enough I have $10 and £20 both on my Gamertag

2 Thanks given to pheonixsingh

hutch (31st May 2014),  raelmadrid (30th May 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

if i did this with my brother would the games i purchased on my console (the one that he as his home one) be available for all to play? or just me?
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

http://digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=451657

Thanks
    Karma Level

I thought they got rid of MS Points a few months ago?

I remember an email telling me they had made it all clearer and were just using normal currency now and losing the MS Points system - did they change it again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast