Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default birthday ideas - 40th..

Guys

I'm 40 in a few weeks, and I have no idea how i want to celebrate.
    my wife is moaning that i'v enot planned some kind of epic momentous affair yet.

how, or what did you do, or indeed do you know how you will celbrate it when you get there?

i'm after inspiration here!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: birthday ideas - 40th..

problem is, is that i'm not bothred about buying stuff in particular, as if I want something, I usually buy it anyways, so there is currently nothing that I want ( that I can afford).
    I'm planning 2 holidays in july and august, so cant get any more time off work to take another trip..
    im on holiday no.1 the week of my birthday(inc the weekdn before and after). the week before, I am in aberdeen on a course for work, so i have no real time to do owt!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cant she organise a suprise party for you at least that way she cant moan at you for not doing anything ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

I went to Hamburg Germany ,3 night with mates. Had great time. £180 all inc. flights from Manchester . 1hr 15 flight time.

Thanks
    Karma Level

can you look to have a family party/gathering?

Hire a Gazebo, and hire a pork spit roast in. They come set it all up for you and you cut it up the next day after it's cooked all night.
    "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker"

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've done Hamburg, Amsterdam and Budapest (stag do) all good trips. Would take the Mrs to Budapest, lovely city. I had a Circuit day for mine, Gallardo, 360, Impreza, Evo8 and couple of circuits with a Pro in a Focus ST and Lotus Elise. We did the shooting thing in Budapest, really good laugh

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm still a good 3 years off, but I would like to do something alone (sans wife & kids). Perhaps two weeks riding/driving across the USA or down through Africa (Morocco to the S.Africa) with some camping gear and an appetite for adventure and new experiences.
    That alone time and opportunity to really think about my life and where things are heading is very much overdue as I don't want to enter my 4th decade still not having certain answers.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm up for something like that too GTI as long as you don't go all Broke Back on my ass.

As for 40th ideas. Surely you've both realised it's just another number and doesn't hold that much significance on the larger scales of things.

Take your wife out for a nice meal, bottle of wine and appreciate what you have.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    I'm still a good 3 years off, but I would like to do something alone (sans wife & kids). Perhaps two weeks riding/driving across the USA or down through Africa (Morocco to the S.Africa) with some camping gear and an appetite for adventure and new experiences.
    That alone time and opportunity to really think about my life and where things are heading is very much overdue as I don't want to enter my 4th decade still not having certain answers.
    For my 40th I spent 3 weeks in the Yukon on a 'male escape'. There were 15 of us, all unknown to each other. We were split into 5 groups of 3 and each group were given a kayak, a 3 man tent, basic provisions, a basic toolkit and a satellite phone with just one programmed number. We were then tasked with 'making it' in the wild for 3 weeks. The catch was, if you could find or came across another group, your mission was to steal their possessions (except the phone) and leave them with no option but to call in assistance. At that point their 'escape' would be over.

It was the most incredible experience I've ever had and literally changed my life. I can't say anymore. As a band of brothers, we vowed to keep the details to ourselves.

To my brothers I say, delphinum natare doces.