My partner and I are adopting our first child from the Dominican Republic. In preparation for our new arrival we've recently moved out of our city centre apartment and bought a house in a leafy suburb. We wanted a garden and safer place for little Valencia to grow up in.

When we bought the property we were unaware the previous owner, who was an elderly widower, had died in the house. However, on moving day one of our new neighbours popped round with a Manchester Tart and tales of Police cars and Ambulances outside on the day they found him. We didn't give it much thought, as we had a lot to do, but it obviously spooked us a little.

We've been in the house for 2 weeks now and little Valencia arrives in less than a week. However, we have a problem. On two occasions in the last week I've awoken to the sound of what can only be described as moaning. It appears to be coming from the room next to our bedroom, which is the house bathroom. I say moaning, it's more like a sound you make when you are straining to do a huge shit. I never hear any splash down or 'plopping' sound, so assume whomever it is never actually squeezes anything out.

It only lasts for a minute or so, then nothing. I've obviously checked the bathroom and every other room in the house and can't find anyone or anything. I have noticed a couple of strange things though, it always happens at the same time, 3.06am and afterwards the bathroom smells of Lynx Africa.

We are worried as we don't really want to bring our first child into a house that has a restless spirit. Especially as little Valencia's parents were killed in a drive-by shooting and he's been traumatised enough already.

So, what should we do? We could try having the house exorcised by a local priest, but obviously there are no guarantees. Alternatively we could rent another house and put this one back on the market as soon as possible.

What would you do? Serious answers only please.