Hi all,

A busy life, a new baby and working permanent nights means I don't get much time for gaming. My xbox 360 has probably been on all of an hour in the last year.

With a desire to play through some of the gems I might have missed, I went looking for a couple of games in the bargain bins to scratch my gaming itch.

I picked up Max Payne 3 for £5 brand new from Asda and having been a fan of the Halo series since the start, I found Halo 4 for £5 including delivery pre-owned from Game.

I'm currently sick from work so have a few hours to kill. Today I fired them both up.

Both of them are very different but both of them are amazing games, especially for £5. I'm absolutely loving them and am about 2hours into each. Unheard of for me to spend 4 hours on a console these days !!

I can't believe how good these games are for the money.

I used to be desperate to get a new game as soon as it was released but with games like these about and as cheaply as they are, why would I bother ? I'm happy to play them 6,12 or 18 months after release and I mostly play only single player anyway.

My question is this... What other quality games can I bag on their trailing edge ?

Cheers,

malty.