Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New Google G watch due out July 3rd

My brothers got one (samsung) What do you want to know ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    Nope. I have a Sony Smartwatch2 though.
    In terms of notifications (where they're all doing pretty the same job), the thing is invaluable. No more missed calls and I can read a text/Whatsapp etc at a glance without taking my phone out.

One other thing I didn't bargain on is it vibrates when out of Bluetooth range so if you leave your house without your phone, as long as you remembered your watch you're OK!
    I've almost bought a sw2 a couple of times. Seen them around £80 new. Since I'm only really after notifications it would probably do me. Can you sync ANY notifications or only ones the companion app knows about ?

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
    Getting the note 4 in a few weeks so was looking at a gear but at £250 a pop bit expensive and 170 for the gear without a crap camera for up skirt shots is a bit better but still steep
    I think the original and replacement Gear watches have been going dirt cheap. Every CEX I've been to has rows and rows of them that have been trade ins from bundles with contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by hilljd00 View Post
    My brothers got one (samsung) What do you want to know ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    A Gear live ? Only how they are in day to day usage. Annoyances, good bits etc. It's been odd that no one has posted about them that was all.

cheers,

malty
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

With a rooted phone you're pretty good with 3rd party configurable apps. One I use asks you to whitelist or blacklist every notification until you've honed it. Standard apps are Gmail/text/calls all of which it does brilliantly. The extra app handles Exchange email, Whatsapp and all your social media stuff.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
    Someone will break the £100 barrier soon, like the major manufacturers have with 7" tablets at which point it begins to become disposable tech. The first decent looking watch to do that will sell boat loads.

Asus Android Wear watch

Android Wear is already one of the biggest tech stories of 2014. But current devices, from the LG G Watch
    to Samsung Gear Live, don'’t come cheap. Taiwanese tech giant Asus is looking to change that, though.
    It’s said to be plotting its first Android Wear watch for IFA, with a price tag under $150 (£89). If it does
    come in that cheap, this device is bound to shake up a market which is still finding its feet. Smart watches
    remain a niche proposition, but a sub £100 effort, with the same software as pricier models, would surely sell well.

just spotted this on one of the msn tech stories..

http://t.tech.uk.msn.com/features/se...nanza#image=10

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean
    the same thing?

Thanks
    Karma Level

LG unveils its new smartwatch: LG G Watch R

LG has released images of its new smartwatch, a week before it is set to be officially unveiled at the IFA tech show in Berlin.
    LG

The LG G Watch R should help to appease smartwatch naysayers, thanks to its fashionable round face which closely
    resembles a traditional analogue watch.It will also carry a black leather strap.
    Like its predecessor, the LG G, the watch contains Android Wear under the hood, but unlike its square ancestor,
    the LG G Watch R has a 1.3 inch circular plastic OLED with full 360-degree display. LG claims the display will even
    be visible in bright sunlight.

The watch will be powered by a 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 400 processor, and will offer 4GB of storage and 512 MB of RAM.
    It will be compatible with apps from the Google Play store, will give you notifications of calls and messages and act as
    a calender with reminders of meetings and events.

It’s already been compared to the similarly circular MOTO 360 Smartwatch, which is also set to debut at IFA next week.
    We can’t wait for the full launch in Berlin, when price and release details will be laid bare.

http://t.tech.uk.msn.com/tablets/lg-...h-lg-g-watch-r

the same thing?

Thanks
    Karma Level

ASUS ZenWatch - Teaser video

The ZenWatch has been teased in a poster and video by Asus ahead of its press
    conference on 3 September. The device looks like it will have a square face but
    with softer, rounded corners. Little else is known about the device but it will
    almost certainly use Android Wear software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvzkwpQbO50

Published on Aug 27, 2014 Marvel at how time will be transformed at #IFA2014 Berlin with the Incredible #ZenWatch.
    Join us for a live stream on Sept. 3rd , 2014 12:30 p.m. (10:30 a.m. GMT).

Visit https://www.facebook.com/ASUS/app_148...

the same thing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12