Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

BBC News Rolf Harris trial: Entertainer 'assaulted friend of daughter' Rolf Harris arrives at

Rolf Harris trial: Entertainer 'assaulted friend of daughter'

Rolf Harris arrives at court flanked by his wife and daughter

Rolf Harris groomed and molested a friend of his daughter from the age of 13 onwards, a court has heard.

The children's entertainer denies 12 counts of indecently assaulting her and three other girls from 1968-86.
    The court heard she used alcohol to cope from the age of 14 and was abused by Mr Harris until she was 29.
    The prosecution told Southwark Crown Court Mr Harris, 84, was a "Jekyll and Hyde" character whose fame and reputation made him "untouchable".
    His alleged victims were aged between seven or eight and 19 when the offences are said to have taken place.
    Seven of the 12 counts are alleged to have been carried out on one victim - his daughter's friend - who lived near the Harris family in south London in the 1960s.

Sasha Wass QC, prosecuting, said there was a "side" of Mr Harris that was attracted to young girls

The court was read a letter Mr Harris is said to have written to the victim's father in 1997 asking for his forgiveness.

He was said to have written that the woman had confronted him about the alleged abuse.
    "[She] told me she had been terrified of me," he is said to have written. "I said why didn't you just say no? She said to me: 'How could I say no to the great television star Rolf Harris?'"
    The letter says: "I fondly imagined that everything that had taken place had progressed from a feeling of love and friendship - there was no rape, no physical forcing, brutality or beating that took place."
    It continues: "When I see the misery I have caused [the alleged victim] I am sickened by myself. You can't go back and change things that you have done in this life - I wish to God I could."
    "I know that what I did was wrong but we are, all of us, fallible and oh how I deluded myself. Please forgive me, love Rolf."
    Prosecuting, Sasha Wass QC said the girl had been groomed like "a young puppy who had been trained to obey".
    The court heard how the girl was abused while on holiday with the family as well as in her home and his.
    Ms Wass said the assaults continued "when the opportunity arose" and that by the time she was 14 the girl was relying on alcohol to cope.
    The jury was shown a school report which said the alleged victim had become "prone to tears and has been weeping about private/home matters".

Mr Harris and his family were greeted by photographers as they arrived at court

Ms Wass said that, on arrest, Mr Harris "categorically" denied having sexual contact with the girl while she was under 16, and said his letter to her father expressed regret because they had an affair later and he was a "married man".
    She added: "The prosecution does not, for a minute, suggest that there is not a good, talented and kind side to Mr Harris.
    "But concealed behind this charming and amicable children's entertainer lay a man who exploited the very children who were drawn to him."
    She added there was "a side of him which is sexually attracted to children and under-age girls".

'Fame and reputation'

She told the jury "part of the excitement" for Mr Harris was touching "children and women alike in quite brazen circumstances".
    Telling the jury about other alleged victims, Ms Wass said one was seven or eight years old when she queued to get an autograph from Mr Harris at a community centre in Portsmouth.
    She said he signed an autograph for her then touched her inappropriately, leaving her "in shock".
    In other alleged incidents, she said Mr Harris "started rubbing himself" against a 15-year-old girl at a pub in London, and touched a 24-year-old makeup artist in Australia, both in 1986.
    Completing her opening statement, she said the evidence showed a "persistent pattern of sexual offending" and demonstrated Mr Harris "had a tendency to touch up females as if he was entitled".
    Ms Wass said his fame meant that "no-one suspected or challenged his behaviour".
    "Mr Harris was too famous, too powerful and his reputation made him untouchable," she added.
    He arrived at court accompanied by his daughter Bindi, and his wife, Alwen Hughes.
    He entered a not guilty plea at a hearing in January.
    The Australian found fame in 1953 on BBC children's TV, a year after arriving in the UK, and has remained a well-known entertainer, musician and artist since then.
    He had success with novelty pop hits and children's TV and variety shows as well as series about animals and art, and he painted a portrait of the Queen in 2005.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27340134
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Rolf Harris trial: Entertainer 'assaulted friend of daughter' Rolf Harris arrive

Goddam paedos everywhere. Lock him up and throw the key in the thames. This strange entertainment guild of paedos... who's next? Brucey?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Rolf Harris trial: Entertainer 'assaulted friend of daughter' Rolf Harris arrive

Will be interesting to see what happens with this one.

I don't think anyone ever saw Ken Barlow going to jail.....will people think the same of Rolfy?

Thanks
    Karma Level

going down i think

Thanks
    Karma Level

harris been found guilty of 12 sex charges,will be sentenced friday hes been told to expect to go to jail

Thanks
    Karma Level

It would have been contempt of court I know, but if I was the foreman with the verdict in my hand, I'd have said to Harris "Can you tell what it is yet?"

2 Thanks given to WotTheFook

darkstar (30th June 2014),  Mule (4th July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guilty of 12 counts, plus more claims just coming to light.

Was savile some sort of TV paedo overlord and everyone else his disciples? I have this vision of Sir Jim sat in an oversized Jim'll fix it chair with a line of celebs consulting him for advice, robotic arm making gestures as he speaks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

im waiting on the stories to appear of how he and jimmy slept with dead people.

Seriously though I don't believe everything I hear.I think he proberly did molest that girl but the stories that are yet to come are going to be far worse.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Seems its pretty much open season on 1980s celebs now, I only hope and pray that Timmy Mallett from Wide Awake Club gets it next - Im sure he`ll have hit someone with that "wack a day mallets mallet" and then bummed them.

Wac_01.jpg

5 Thanks given to MoNkFiSh

bobo06 (4th July 2014),  ganjaman2 (1st July 2014),  I Black Belt (1st July 2014),  Mule (4th July 2014),  toonarmynufc (1st July 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Problem is once someone points a finger every maggot comes crawling out of the woodwork and how can you defend yourself from someone saying he felt my minge when I was 7 20 years ago, you cant.

But once the finger has been pointed mud always sticks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

stories are appearing now of how him and jimmy where at the same hospital together

and thus it starts

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Smoke and fire and all that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

wait for it ................

Jimmy and rolf ran the biggest ped0phile network ever uncovered.
    This is all about money - nothing else

Thanks
    Karma Level

Take all this with a conspiracy theory large pinch of salt but it does make interesting reading relating to Saville and lots of other high profile perps
    http://thecolemanexperience.wordpress.com/

Thanks
    Karma Level

Interesting read ! Cliff Richard !!!??? really? jeez.

I don't get it, and I'm glad I don't.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I tell you something ,
    all my childhood heroes are coming to light as ped0's ,

the saying "OUCH RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD" springs to mind !

Thanks
    Karma Level

You notice most are from the BBC - and we are forced into paying their wages

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bring Roger Cook out of retirement, we need a man, with a shit disguise on the inside. !

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

5 Years 9 months. Enough? He'll be out after half on licence. Thoughts?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
    5 Years 9 months. Enough? He'll be out after half on licence. Thoughts?
    Fair sentence, he's a wrong'un for sure. Groping the breasts and crotches of innocent young girls is not acceptable whatever era you're looking at.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

2 Thanks given to GTI

DejaVu (4th July 2014),  grrrd (4th July 2014)  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast