Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention NHS will ‘collapse’ in next five years

NHS will ‘collapse’ in next five years if David Cameron does not urgently increase funding, senior Tories warn

Fears over pressure on health service come as Jeremy Hunt says doctors with poor records on cancer diagnosis will be ‘named and shamed’

The NHS will “collapse” over the course of the next parliament if the growing economy is not taken as an opportunity to increase funding, senior Conservatives and former coalition ministers have warned.

With Accident and Emergency department demand reaching an all-time high over the course of last week and the “failure” of a programme of £30 billion in efficiency savings, the Tory MPs Stephen Dorrell and Dr Sarah Wollaston called on David Cameron to urgently increase healthcare spending.
    Mr Dorrell, the former Health Secretary, said he would be “ashamed” if the Government failed to inject cash into the NHS at a time when the economy was growing, according to The Observer.

“I am in favour of the Government not denying what 5,000 years of history tells us is true, which is that every time a society gets richer it spends a rising share of its income on looking after the sick and the vulnerable,” he said.
    Dr Wollaston, a GP who chairs the Commons health select committee, wrote in the Telegraph: “If there is not an increase, it is hard to see how we could maintain current levels of service given the rising demand.
    “The NHS budget has been protected in line with background inflation but that does not keep pace with inflation in health costs from rising demand and demographic changes.
    “I don't want to see any reduction in services; I would like to see further improvements and that will require an increase in funding.”

David Cameron in 2009 said, 'With the Conservatives there will be no more of the tiresome, meddlesome, top-down restructures that have dominated the last decade of the NHS'. Andrew Lansley (centre) went on to launch one of the largest reorganisations in NHS history

They were joined in their calls for action from the Prime Minister by Paul Burstow, a Lib Dem health minister in the first two years of coalition Government. He said he believed the NHS needed an extra £15 billion from the Treasury over the next five years “if you don't want the system to collapse during the course of the next parliament”.

That stark warning came as doctors said thousands of GP practices are operating in overcrowded buildings that are “wholly inadequate” to meet growing patient demand.
    And while pressures on health service staff continue to ratchet up, the current Health Secretary has announced that GPs face being “named and shamed” if they repeatedly fail to spot signs of cancer in their patients.
    Doctors will be marked out with a red flag on an NHS website if they are deemed to be missing too many cases or if their patients have to make repeated visits before being referred for tests.
    “We need to do much better,” Mr Hunt told the Mail on Sunday.

The Health Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, said: 'I want Britain to be among the best in Europe for cancer survival and early diagnosis plays a crucial role in achieving that.

'
    “Cancer diagnosis levels around the country vary significantly and we must do much more to improve both the level of diagnosis and to bring those GP practices with poor referral rates up to the standards of the best.”

The shadow Health Secretary, Jamie Reed, called the idea “desperate” and accused the Government of failing to “take responsibility for the problems it has created in the NHS”.
    He said: “David Cameron wasted billions on a re-organisation nobody wanted and left cancer patients waiting longer for tests and treatment. He should be ashamed of his own record - not attacking doctors.
    “This Government has thrown away progress made on cancer care. It is proof of why the Tories can't be trusted with the NHS.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/nhs-will-collapse-in-next-five-years-if-david-cameron-does-not-urgently-increase-funding-senior-tories-warn-9571216.html

There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: NHS will ‘collapse’ in next five years

its already collapsed
    Go to any waiting room and the majorty of people there are foreigners.We are over stretched to max capacity.
    NHS was not set up to be used like this.People move to the Uk just to live of the Benefits system and get free NHS.
    Its not just the NHS that's is nearly dead - this problem goes deeper.Councils are struggling - schools are over flowing and the list goes on.
    I honestly wish the lot would collapse.Bit harsh I know.But sometimes a problem cannot and wont be sorted till it all comes to a head.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
    its already collapsed
    Go to any waiting room and the majorty of people there are foreigners.We are over stretched to max capacity.
    NHS was not set up to be used like this.People move to the Uk just to live of the Benefits system and get free NHS.
    Its not just the NHS that's is nearly dead - this problem goes deeper.Councils are struggling - schools are over flowing and the list goes on.
    I honestly wish the lot would collapse.Bit harsh I know.But sometimes a problem cannot and wont be sorted till it all comes to a head.
    Really the whole problem with the NHS and just about everything else by the sounds of it is foreigners I am enlightened

5 Thanks given to Bald Bouncer

cyprus (2nd July 2014),  DavidF (2nd July 2014),  elephantsoup (2nd July 2014),  I Black Belt (2nd July 2014),  TheFincher (2nd July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

its already collapsed
    German benefits French and just about most of Europe are far better than British. Their health systems are fucking head and shoulders above ours too.

So are their fucking rail systems and every other form of infrastructure.

It has nothing to do with foreigners and everything to do with greedy politicians and lack of investment.
    Your opinion is the popular opinion that the Red tops are propagating, whilst the brown envelopes are circulating amongst the corporations and their politician puppets.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

3 Thanks given to 4me2

Ashley (2nd July 2014),  DavidF (2nd July 2014),  Over Carl (2nd July 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If the NHS is struggling and needs £15bil over the next 5 years why not stop work on their pointless train set and pump some of the £40bil back into the NHS.

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The NHS needs modernizing and streamlining, theirs a lot of waste and theft
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

so u basically saying that all these people coming to our country have no effect on the NHS or any other Services ?
    I say Bull.

As for giving it more money - why ?
    It already costs enough - time to make people pay for care.

Thanks
    Karma Level

so u basically saying that all these people coming to our country have no effect on the NHS or any other Services ?
    I say Bull.

As for giving it more money - why ?
    It already costs enough - time to make people pay for care.
    EU immigrants contribute more than they take, this is estimated at 30% more so no they pay for what they get, funny this racist rhetoric first they say the immigrants are taking all the jobs then they are claiming benefits.

People already pay for care so you want us to pay twice or have the percentage of tax taken for the NHS removed and pay for it separately?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hilljd00 View Post
    The NHS needs modernizing and streamlining, theirs a lot of waste and theft
    That is also red top propaganda and part of the smokescreen into privatisation.

2 Thanks given to 4me2

Bald Bouncer (2nd July 2014),  stevo25 (4th July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

The biggest strain on the NHS is our aging population.

Many of the seniors in hospitals are there because of dementia related issues.
    If we looked after our seniors instead of pushing them into care homes Britain and the NHS would be a better place.

You rarely see these so called foreign sponges deserting their seniors. They keep them at home and look after them.
    We British of egoistic and material mentality would rather hide them in an elderly home than have to lose out on a cheap Summer trip to Benidorm.

Germans pay an extra tax to look after their elderly (Pflegeversicherung) this keeps hospital beds free. It also guarantees professional help
    and not like the opportunistic job agencies who pay national minimum wage to anyone who owns a car to pretend to look after the elderly.
    Most of the fuckers don't even get vetted or receive any training. As long as you can drive and don't mind wiping arses you are in. You get £6
    an hour and they claim upto £20 from the local councils. The abuse cases you hear about are only set to get worse in the future.

2 Thanks given to 4me2

Ashley (4th July 2014),  supraman54 (3rd July 2014)  

DF Super Moderator Rick Sanchez's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    That is also red top propaganda and part of the smokescreen into privatisation.
    My late Father worked (contractor) for the NHS before my crash and he was brought in to balance the books in this hospital and there was theft on an epidemic level, once he had finished it was in the millions. The consultants were the worse, 5k bottles of wine etc
    Domain Registration, SSL Certificates and Web Hosting - Fusionhost- 25% Discount Available On All Web Hosting Plans For DF Members - Code: DF2022

Thanks
    Karma Level

German benefits French and just about most of Europe are far better than British. Their health systems are fucking head and shoulders above ours too.

So are their fucking rail systems and every other form of infrastructure.

It has nothing to do with foreigners and everything to do with greedy politicians and lack of investment.
    Your opinion is the popular opinion that the Red tops are propagating, whilst the brown envelopes are circulating amongst the corporations and their politician puppets.
    They don't have corporations and corrupt politicians there?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28122473

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hence the reason that you don't have an influx of French & Germans claiming benefits in the UK but compare the UK's requirements to access NHS, Housing benefit, childcare benefit & JSA with much of europe and it tells a different story.

The UK needs immigration, we have a growing aging population and the costs for care and pensions is only going to get worse.

There is a shit load of waste within the NHS (and most other government departments), I hear some of it from a friend who works in procurement for a hospital as well as my Mrs works there. That's before we start on the amount of abuse of the fully paid sick leave that they enjoy.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    EU immigrants contribute more than they take, this is estimated at 30% more so no they pay for what they get, funny this racist rhetoric first they say the immigrants are taking all the jobs then they are claiming benefits.

People already pay for care so you want us to pay twice or have the percentage of tax taken for the NHS removed and pay for it separately?
    why u calling the racist card once again ??

can we not say immigrant without someone saying we racist

Everyone knows mass immigration comes with its own problems.Europe is struggling with the problem but according to bald bouncers law anyone mentions it is racist.
    Anyway back on track - The NHS is not fit for purpose and no one should think they can get free care from cradle to grave.Time to start paying for what u want.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am not playing any card it's racist rhetoric because it isn't true, it's a contradiction and has it's base in racial hatred and for fucks sake WE ALREADY PAY are you suggesting people pay twice?

Thanks
    Karma Level

why u calling the racist card once again ??

can we not say immigrant without someone saying we racist

Everyone knows mass immigration comes with its own problems.Europe is struggling with the problem but according to bald bouncers law anyone mentions it is racist.
    Not anyone,just you and your post history more than warrants that.

You certainly aren't the person I used to know infact you are just the opposite.

What happened did your ex bin you for a foreigner ? You really come across as bitter and nothing like the tolerant person I used to know.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Can't blame everything on immigrants.. Lots of them do jobs we wouldn't dream of doing... just saying..

In fact the ONS figures show any "drain" on our economy by immigrants on benefits etc is minimal

supe
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2920820230.png

Thanks
    Karma Level

Blame the tories, they actively encourage contracting out of jobs and services, to whom? Possibly to companies that benefit themselves

Thanks
    Karma Level

4me2 I am not bitter.
    From the time u knew me I have not changed but my country has.
    I now feel like a second class citizen in my own country.

Anyway of course immigration is not to blame for everything - the government is the main problem,but until the voters pick a better party that delivers then we all stumped.

Thanks
    Karma Level

4me2 I am not bitter.
    From the time u knew me I have not changed but my country has.
    I now feel like a second class citizen in my own country.

Anyway of course immigration is not to blame for everything - the government is the main problem,but until the voters pick a better party that delivers then we all stumped.
    When you say your country do you mean Russia? (looking at your location).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast