Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

XboxOne Forza Horizon 2 doesnt have a story mode.

Forza Horizon 2 doesn't have a story mode, does use Kinect [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Solo enthusiasts will be amply catered for in Playground's Forza Horizon 2 - providing, that is, you're not expecting a story. Speaking to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], creative director Ralph Fulton also revealed that the game will feature a "digital personal assistant", ANNA, who has Something To Do with Kinect. Voice controls for steering? Car doorlocks with retina scanners? The ability to detect when you're zoning out, and activate the autopilot just before you plough into a 15th century chapel? Time will tell.

"There is a vast robust solo experience for the players who just want to play alone," Fulton said of the absentee story. "We understand there are lots of players like that. What we don't have is a story, per se. There is a really strong structure set up around the festival and the Drivatars. They really are the characters in the game. You form your own narratives with real people, friends, and family you know."

Don't know about you, but I'm in two minds about this. On the one hand, I loathe the original Horizon's very obviously Hollywood-inspired storyline. On the other, I'm not confident I can "form" a narrative of my own that's more elaborate than "man drives car into other car, explodes".

Moving swiftly on, Fulton is "still really excited about including Kinect" despite Microsoft's decision to sell certain Xbox One SKUs without it.

"It offers opportunities we wouldn't normally otherwise have," he said. "We don't currently have it plugged in to demonstrate today, but Kinect will be involved with a feature called ANNA. She is your digital personal assistant and navigation in the game. She is also very intelligent and will suggest things to do in the game and give you a recap when you return to the games. She will also alert you when friends are online."

Also according to Fulton, Forza Horizon 2's massive new world could last you "over 100 hours". I can't get the below trailer's music out of my head.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Forza Horizon 2 doesnt have a story mode.

Takes over if you zoning out, oh well looks like you can take your hands off the steering wheel to take a tap on the bong then ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

The music from the video for those that are interested

Thanks to AD

Armoured Hawk (4th July 2014) 

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't think the missing story mode will stop the fun factor. First one was great for blasting round roads listening to some good tunes so more of the same with a bigger playground will be even better. This and the club should make for happy racers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hardly In game footage, want to see from a driving view mode..