Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Rant Media Bias over Israel as usual

Sick to death with all the news coverage about Israel..How our media portrays it being hard done by all the time. Well if you gave back the land you continue to illegally grab from people maybe they wouldn't need to attack you with fireworks and stones ffs. If a Palestinian child is shot by an Israeli sniper we very rarely hear about it, but if the biggest terrorist in the middle east suffers a loss we are subjected to extensive news coverage...More than 5,000 Palestinians are currently held in Israeli jails, where torture goes on! If my lad or any of your family / children had to endure this shit what would you do? Israel’s apartheid wall in the West Bank is more than twice as high and four times as long as the Berlin Wall that we all in the West were taught to loathe? Rant over...

What is your opinion?

2 Thanks given to Robbo

crocodile13 (8th July 2014),  GTI (8th July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Media Bias over Israel as usual

It has always been the case. But with the recent beating of Tarek Abu Khdeir's caught on tape and spread all over the media, only because he has an American passport, will make people realise that this happens more or less everyday to those without American passports and never covered by the media.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It's sickening but deeply rooted bias, it will take a lot of moving.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question is where do you draw the line (with regards to time). I had a Greek Cypriot ex (well I guess I still do because still my ex). Obviously the whole turkey Greece thing is sensitive to them and they would like (and would probably fight) Tito get their land back.

Now nobody really has an issue with this because it was so recently but what about us trying to take back parts of France? (Or Germany try take back parts) etc - where do you draw the line? The Jews lived in that region (ok couple thousand years ago), have some of their most holy sites, temples etc there. They also take their religion very seriously which is why I think they're determined to hold on no matter what the world thinks.

But back to first point, should there be a statute of limitations on stolen/invaded land?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheep View Post
    Question is where do you draw the line (with regards to time). I had a Greek Cypriot ex (well I guess I still do because still my ex). Obviously the whole turkey Greece thing is sensitive to them and they would like (and would probably fight) Tito get their land back.

Now nobody really has an issue with this because it was so recently but what about us trying to take back parts of France? (Or Germany try take back parts) etc - where do you draw the line? The Jews lived in that region (ok couple thousand years ago), have some of their most holy sites, temples etc there. They also take their religion very seriously which is why I think they're determined to hold on no matter what the world thinks.

But back to first point, should there be a statute of limitations on stolen/invaded land?
    WE (Allies but primarily us) are responsible for taking the huge tract of land required to create a new state from an incumbent peoples, it was always going to be a disaster. I used to feel very sorry for Israel and loved their fighting spirit, I was a teenager, that was a VERY long time ago and once my head cleared I realise the iniquity of what we had done and started to see the imbalance it had understandably created. . . . . . No idea what the solution is at this late stage but it certainly isn't having the rest of the World line up against Palestine and its supporters, what they deserve is support and understanding at the very least.

Thanks to blaggard

GTI (8th July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Israeli is a racist, apartheid state that shames all those who continue to support it.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

3 Thanks given to GTI

blaggard (8th July 2014),  crocodile13 (8th July 2014),  Robbo (8th July 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

I went to an excellent talk by the Israeli academic Ilan Pappé who argues against the 2 state solution in favour of a one state solution, and I completely agree. The only hope for both Israel and Palestine is a secular state for Jews, Christians and Muslims initially overseen by the UN (mandate) and then slowly transitioned to a multi-religious Parliament. Something similar exists in Lebanon where half the seats are allocated to Christian members and the other half to Muslims. And with regards to the top 3 positions in the country, the custom is that

• The President is always Christian
    • The Speaker of Parliament is a Shi'a Muslim
    • The Prime Minister is a Sunni Muslim

Something similar could be imposed on Israel/Palestine.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Unfortunately though Shi'a and Sunni have a dreadful history of coexistence, look at Iraq now...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Unfortunately though Shi'a and Sunni have a dreadful history of coexistence, look at Iraq now...
    Under Saddam they existed very well. Saddam was a Sunni, many of his cabinet were Shia and he even had a Christian Foreign Minister (Tariq Aziz). His politics was secular pan Arabism and this was enforced with an Iron Fist. What is unfortunately happening in Iraq now is a proxy war between Iran (Shia) and Saudi (Sunni) with both sides giving arms to their respective sides and fuelling sectarian hatred.

I think the country was far better off under Saddam. You may have been executed for plotting against the government or holding anti-Baathist views, but at least you could walk to the supermarket without fear of being blown up, kidnapped, raped etc..
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Unfortunately Dictatorships are by far the most efficient way of running a Country, shame we had to destroy the oldest City on the Planet to (once again) prove it..

2 Thanks given to blaggard

GTI (8th July 2014),  Robbo (8th July 2014)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks to Robbo

GTI (9th July 2014)